How to skip loop and go to next

For $i = 0 To UBound($ComputerName) - 1
    $iFileExists = FileExists("\\" & $ComputerName[$i] & "\C$\Temp\Agent15\install_agent.bat")
    If Not $iFileExists Then
Next
FileWriteLine($LogFile, @MON & "/" & @MDAY & "/" & @YEAR & " - " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & " Running installer")
;I'm doing more stuff if the bat file exist.
Next

Hi

I am looping through a txt file with computer names and checking if the bat file exists on the remote computer if it does not how do I skip this computer "$ComputerName[$i]" and move on to the next and start from the beginning from "For"?

• Moderators

Why not just:

If FileExists("\\" & $ComputerName[$i] & "\C$\Temp\Agent15\install_agent.bat") Then
   ;Do something
EndIf

Then if the file doesn't exist, the PC is skipped.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Moderators

I guess I am confused as to what you're after. If you ExitLoop, however many machines remain in the array will not be checked. If you then start the For Loop again from the beginning, unless you're doing something else to remove that computer from the array, you're going to exit again as soon as the array comes to this same PC.

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

2 minutes ago, antmar904 said:

I guess I'm ultimately trying to see if the pc is on before moving forward, I just thought of the ping.

Ping($ComputerName[$i])
    If @error Then
        ExitLoop
    EndIf

Will ExitLoop go back to the top of the loop and go through the rest of the computer names?

No.

Try ContinueLoop.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Hello,

use ContinueLoop

For $i = 0 To UBound($ComputerName) - 1
    $iFileExists = FileExists("\\" & $ComputerName[$i] & "\C$\Temp\Agent15\install_agent.bat")
    If Not $iFileExists Then ContinueLoop

FileWriteLine($LogFile, @MON & "/" & @MDAY & "/" & @YEAR & " - " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & " Running installer")
    ;I'm doing more stuff if the bat file exist.
Next

greetings
bernd

I hacked 127.0.0.1 -> pcfred6.gif