[SOLVED] Encrypt Acces file

HI guys, I'm trying a copy an MS Access file with sensitive data. So I thought I could use _Crypt_EncryptFile.
However when I decrypt it again it somehow becomes corrupt. It opens fine, but then crashes when I try to view the tables.

I also found this topic from years ago, but that's not working for me with access 2016.
I can make a connection to it with "=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0" but cannot find if it has a copy with decryption like JET did.

Anyone has any ideas that could help me?

Edited by DaLiMan

1 hour ago, Jos said:

Just use something like the 7zip commandline to zip and protect the file with a password.

Jos

Still strange the function _Crypt_EncryptFile() corrupts the DB. I wonder why, do you have any clou on this?

But the 7zip commandline works for my local test file. So I'll propably go with this one.

You must be somehow misusing the function, or the decrypt one.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Help file examples encrypt/decrypt do work for me.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

6 minutes ago, jchd said:

Help file examples encrypt/decrypt do work for me.

That's strange. Are you running another version ? And could that be the cause?

But after messing with 7zip commandline, I see there is another benefit I have not thought of and involves the reason why zip files exist. It shrinks my backup with an amazing factor. :lmao:

I'm currently running 3.3.14.5 but I don't remember a recent bug fix in previous versions wrt Crypt.au3

Of course encryption doesn't change (significantly or at all) the file size, but zip-ing it has an obvious impact on such compressible data.

14 minutes ago, jchd said:

I'm currently running 3.3.14.5 but I don't remember a recent bug fix in previous versions wrt Crypt.au3

Of course encryption doesn't change (significantly or at all) the file size, but zip-ing it has an obvious impact on such compressible data.

Okay, so the problem for crypt should be on my PC.
But I'll just stick with 7zip for he extra benefits.

Thanks all for replying and helping.