Read output from a remote GUI app

Hi

I sometimes start a TrendMicro OfficeScan scan on a remote computer using the command line.  Does so launches a GUI on the remote computer with the scan progress.  Is there a way to capture the remote GUI progress and view it live while it's updating on my computer with STDOUT?

Here is a snapshot of the remote computer scan GUI when I initiate the remote scan via the command line:

Capture.PNG

@antmar904,

although i currently do not have access to a Trend-Micro OfficeScan environment to check on, i'm fairly certain the command line scanner should have the option to scan silently and report the output to stdout (or to a file, or ideally to a central control interface). i imagine you don't want to interfere with the remote user workflow by presenting them with the scanner GUI. consult the documentation for the command line scanner, or other relevant support channels. your solution will probably not be AutoIt-centered.

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

5 minutes ago, orbs said:

@antmar904,

although i currently do not have access to a Trend-Micro OfficeScan environment to check on, i'm fairly certain the command line scanner should have the option to scan silently and report the output to stdout (or to a file, or ideally to a central control interface). i imagine you don't want to interfere with the remote user workflow by presenting them with the scanner GUI. consult the documentation for the command line scanner, or other relevant support channels. your solution will probably not be AutoIt-centered.

Hi @orbs

Yes I was going to go that route also.  Thank you for the note!