Fill in and submit a form

Hello.  I'm working on converting another script from IE to Firefox.  I can't seem to get a handle on the field "Defendant" to fill in a last, first name on this page:

http://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/Edocs/Public/Search.aspx?Tab=tabCriminal

I also can't seem to submit the form.   I've tried the code below... stuff may be commented out that I have tested.

_FFOpenUrl("http://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/Edocs/Public/Search.aspx?Tab=tabCriminal")    
    _FFLoadWait()

$oTextFN = _FSObjGet("ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_ContentPlaceHolder2_ContentPlaceHolder2_tabSearch_tabCriminal_txtCrimDefendant", "ID")

_FFObj($oTextFN, "value", "Smith, John")    

$subButton = _FFObjGet("ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$ContentPlaceHolder2$ContentPlaceHolder2$btnSearch", "name")
    _FFClick($subButton)
    _FFLoadWait()

;    _FFFormSubmit()
;    _FFLoadWait()

Any help from the experts on here would be greatly appreciated.  

Jason

I'm only using ff.au3 because that's all I know about.  I'd love to try something new.  What are my options?

I'm still kinda new at this.  Any help on the code to do the _ffxpath would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

37 minutes ago, jasontj said:

I'm only using ff.au3 because that's all I know about.  I'd love to try something new.  What are my options?

If you want to continue using FF.au3, then you are stuck using an older version of FireFox due to the use of MozRepl, which isn't available as a WebExtension.

Other alternatives would be the Webdriver UDF (see my signature) or IUIAutomation.

Thanks.  I will give the new stuff a try.  I need to be able to stay current with my scripts.

I tried the couple of things you said.  I tried it both ways.  Below is the response.  It doesn't fill in the data.

__FFSend: FFau3.xpath=null;try{FFau3.xpath=FFau3.WCD.evaluate("//form/input[@id='ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_ContentPlaceHolder2_ContentPlaceHolder2_tabSearch_tabCriminal_txtCrimDefendant']",FFau3.WCD,null,XPathResult.FIRST_ORDERED_NODE_TYPE,null).singleNodeValue;}catch(e){'_FFXPath_Error: '+e;};
__FFRecv: 
__FFSend: try{FFau3.xpath.value='Smith, John'}catch(e){'_FFCmd_Err';};
__FFRecv: _FFCmd_Err

I've had the values populate a couple times, but I don't know why they don't work all of the time.  I'm about done for the day.  I will take a break and try again tomorrow.  Thanks very much for your help.  I'll let you know if I get it working.

I'll also give the new stuff a shot on my next script.   Then I'll begin converting all my old ones.

Here is the field.   I'm at a loss here to make this work.

<input name="ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$ContentPlaceHolder2$ContentPlaceHolder2$tabSearch$tabCriminal$txtCrimDefendant" maxlength="70" id="ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_ContentPlaceHolder2_ContentPlaceHolder2_tabSearch_tabCriminal_txtCrimDefendant" onblur="showDefendantFilter(this, 'tblDefendantFilter');" style="width:320px;" class="DCO_Watermark_Text" autocomplete="off" type="text">