FMS

array in array

FMS

@RTFC thnx for the reply but do you have an example of what you mean? (I couldn't find some example in the help)
Your explanation is a little to technical for me I must say :sweating:

Also do you know when then next version will be released?

edit: I want to retain the valeu so I'm not looking into ConditMask

Edited by FMS

as finishing touch god created the dutch

RTFC
$matR = _Eigen_ConditScalarOp ( $matA, "<", 0, "replace", 0 )
$matR = _Eigen_ConditScalarOp ( $matA, ">", 1, "replace", 1 )

Or in-place:

_Eigen_ConditScalarOp_InPlace ( $matA, "<", 0, "replace", 0 )
_Eigen_ConditScalarOp_InPlace ( $matA, ">", 1, "replace", 1 )

E4A v4.3 will probably be released in about one month, but it all depends on getting some new functionality up and running. Stay tuned...;)

Edited by RTFC

FMS

@RTFC thanks for the example.
now I know (a little) what you mean.

Curently I'm looking at "rounding" digits in a matrix.
I think that I need the Global $EIGEN_DECIMALS for this but don't know how to change and whish function I need for this.
(or if it's smart to change this)

Do you have also an "good habits" example in rounding digits in an matrix?
Or is this not possible whit E4A?

for example :
in 1 matrix I want to round 1,2578 to 1,26
And afther that I want to change another matrix -3,654629 to -3,6546

RTFC

You may wish to spend some time studying Eigen's own documentation on Cwise functions. The E4A UDF library ports most of these (for dense (non-sparse) matrices at least) to AutoIt. As Eigen does not provide decimal control in its three rounding functions, neither does E4A.

Tinkering with $EIGEN_DECIMALS is not the solution, as this controls representation, not content. Internally, storage is either at integer, single, or double precision. How many decimals are accurately captured (in the latter two types) depends on how far the values are from zero (the further away, the larger the gaps become between exactly representable true values).

Instead, you can achieve what you want in a few simple steps, given desired number of decimals <d>:

• CwiseScalarOp multiply your values by 10^d
  • CwiseScalarOp Add 0.5
  • CwiseUnaryOp floor()
  • CwiseScalarOp divide by 10^d

You should be sufficiently proficient in E4A by now to figure out how to translate these steps into the actual E4A calls.

FMS

Instead, you can achieve what you want in a few simple steps, given desired number of decimals <d>:

Thanks @RTFC , I think I've it under control :)

Is there by any chanse a function inside E4A to control the output's of an calculation?
In some cases I get an output of "2e-005" instead of "0.000002" ?
I realy need the real numbers instead of the mathematical notation :)
I haven't found something in the help files about this (or i look in the wrong direction :) )

RTFC

Again, there's a difference between representation (what you see on screen) and content (stored binary value, at single or double precision). Any code that needs to evaluate/calculate with the values themselves uses the latter; if you need to display stuff for the user in a specific format, AutoIt's StringFormat() function is your friend. If storing matrices as ASCII, the Matrix File Converter has options (radio buttons) to force scientific notation or "number strings" like you want. But you cannot tell E4A to use 0.000002 instead of 2e-006, because neither format is used in actual storage/calculations; all values are represented in binary, making the distinction meaningless.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• DarkFingers1337
      By DarkFingers1337
      Hey,
      what is more efficient, using multiple arrays or one multidimensional array?

; Hamster data structure using multiple arrays Global $HamsterCount = 6 Global $HamsterX[$HamsterCount] Global $HamsterY[$HamsterCount] ;giving each hamster an x and y position For $i=0 To $HamsterCount-1 $HamsterX[$i] = 0 $HamsterY[$i] = 0 Next ; The same hamster data structure using one multidimensional array Global $HAMSTER_COUNT = 6 Global Enum $HAMSTER_X, _ $HAMSTER_Y, _ $HAMSTER_MAX Global $Hamsters[$HAMSTER_COUNT][$HAMSTER_MAX] ;giving each hamster an x and y position For $i=0 To $HAMSTER_COUNT-1 $Hamsters[$i][$HAMSTER_X] = 0 $Hamsters[$i][$HAMSTER_Y] = 0 Next  
    • Skysnake
      By Skysnake
      I know how JSON works. However JSON data is typically received from web based servers. 

My question is:
      Has anyone considered to use, or currently actively using JSON as an internal data container? 
      Internal here as in an ordinary AutoIt data type, generated, populated and manipulated within an AutoIt script, without any external data sources. 
      The JSON and BinaryCall UDFs work well and appear the de facto defaults. Are there any thoughts on using JSON for internal variable values instead of the typical array? 
      Also, there can be situations where such a JSON collection contains an array and it will have to be parsed using typical array functions. 
      Currently I am working on a small project where I have to keep and use various identifiers from different sources. There are several ideas in this regard, some involving SQL child tables and arrays stored with keys (maps), which lead me to think that JSON may be a more suitable data container. It readily shrinks and stretches, allowing for dynamic data growth.  JSONs ability to add new repeating data groups on the fly makes it particularly powerful and appealing. 
      Ideas and suggestions welcome
      Skysnake
    • XinYoung
      By XinYoung
      Hello all! I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday festivities. 
      I'm working on a script that involves copying a string of text from an Excel workbook and searching for it in a particular website's search tool. If a result is found, it will do something. If not, it will do something else.
      So far, it can successfully execute the search -- and then it shows me the results in an array.
      Screenshot of the successful search:

The search results in an array:

Here's the code (sorry for all my comments):
      ;~ All the functions this app performs require the external files listed here. So, theyre "included". #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <Excel.au3> #include <DateTimeConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIShellEx.au3> #include <Date.au3> #include <ComboConstants.au3> #include <Misc.au3> #include <WinAPIProc.au3> #include <WinAPISys.au3> #include <WinAPIConstants.au3> #include <Crypt.au3> #include <ColorConstants.au3> #include <guimenu.au3> #include <IE.au3> ;~ Kill all functions and close the app at anytime by pressing F4. HotKeySet("{F4}", "_Exit") ;~ Keep track whether or not a file is selected. When the program first opens, a file is currently not selected. Global $FileChosen = 0 ;~ The app must remember certain strings of text: ;~ 1. Login page Global $urlBBLogin = "website.com" ;~ 2. Credentials Global $bbUsername = "USER" Global $bbPassword = "PW" ;~ 3. Search page Global $urlBBCourseSearch = "website.com/search" ;~ When you launch the app, the UI gets built and is displayed to the user in the center of the screen. the "Function" buttons are disabled until a file is chosen. $MasterUI = GUICreate("Master Re-Creator", 469, 145, -1, -1) $Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Choose the Excel file", 8, 8, 103, 17) $Select = GUICtrlCreateButton("Select File", 16, 32, 75, 25) $FileName = GUICtrlCreateLabel("[No File Selected]", 104, 40, 88, 17) $Group1 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("Functions", 8, 72, 449, 65) $CheckCourse = GUICtrlCreateButton("Check Courses Exist", 24, 96, 123, 25) GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE) $DeleteCourse = GUICtrlCreateButton("Delete Courses", 168, 96, 123, 25) GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE) $CopyCourse = GUICtrlCreateButton("Copy Courses", 312, 96, 123, 25) GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE) GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ;~ While the UI is open, it listens for triggers (in this case, button presses). While 1 $UI = GUIGetMsg() Select ;~ If the app is closed, the _Exit() function is performed (same function the F4 hotkey calls). Case $UI = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE _Exit() ;~ The user has clicked the "Select File" button, the _LocateGetFileName() function is performed. Go there. Case $UI = $Select _LocateGetFileName() ;~ The user has clicked the "Check Courses Exist" button. Case $UI = $CheckCourse _CheckCourses() ;~ Other buttons are not ready EndSelect WEnd ;~ The user clicked the "Select File" button. This function will execute now. Func _LocateGetFileName() ;~ Prepare the app to take note of the details of a file. Local $sDrive = "", $sDir = "", $sFileName = "", $sExtension = "" ;~ Open a File Explorer to allow the user to select a file. Only Excel files are allowed to be chosen. Global $ChosenFileName = FileOpenDialog("Locate File", @DesktopDir, "Excel Files (*.xlsx)|Excel Macro Files (*.xlsm)", BitOR(1, 2), "") If @error Then Return 0 EndIf ;~ When an Excel file is selected, remember of the files location (path), file name, and file extension. $aPathSplit = _PathSplit($ChosenFileName, $sDrive, $sDir, $sFileName, $sExtension) ;~ Show me what file I selected in a Message Box. MsgBox(0, "Selected File", $sFileName) ;~ Display the chosen file name in the UI label (previously [No File Selected]) and make it green. GUICtrlSetData($FileName, "") $FileName = GUICtrlCreateLabel($sFileName, 104, 40) $FileName = GUICtrlSetColor($FileName, 0x32CD32) ;~ A file is now selected. The "Function" buttons are now enabled. Global $FileChosen = 1 GUICtrlSetState($CheckCourse, $GUI_ENABLE) GUICtrlSetState($DeleteCourse, $GUI_ENABLE) GUICtrlSetState($CopyCourse, $GUI_ENABLE) EndFunc ;==>_LocateGetFileName ;~ The user clicked the "Check Courses" button. This function will execute now. Func _CheckCourses() ;~ Disable the "Function" buttons again to prevent multiple processes. GUICtrlSetState($CheckCourse, $GUI_DISABLE) GUICtrlSetState($DeleteCourse, $GUI_DISABLE) GUICtrlSetState($CopyCourse, $GUI_DISABLE) ;~ Open a IE window and navigate to the login page. Global $oIE = _IECreate($urlBBLogin) ;~ Recognize the form on this page (login input boxes). Local $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "login") Local $oTextLogin = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "user_id") Local $oTextPass = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "password") ;~ Enter the Automation user credentials into the form. _IEFormElementSetValue($oTextLogin, $bbUsername) _IEFormElementSetValue($oTextPass, $bbPassword) ;~ Click the Login button. _IEFormSubmit($oForm) ;~ Now that were logged in, navigate to the course search page. _IENavigate($oIE, $urlBBCourseSearch) ;~ Change the search criteria to "Course ID" _bbCourseSearchCategoryChange("Course ID") ;~ Open the selected Excel file Local $oAppl = _Excel_Open() Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oAppl, $ChosenFileName, Default, Default, True) ;~ Copy just whats in cell A1 (for now) _Excel_RangeCopyPaste($oWorkbook.Worksheets(1), "A1") Global $WhatsCopied = ClipGet() ;~ Paste whats copied into the search text box and click submit Local $oForm = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "courseManagerFormSearch") Local $oSearchString = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "courseInfoSearchText") _IEFormElementSetValue($oSearchString, $WhatsCopied) _IEFormSubmit($oForm) ;~ Lets see what we got from the search Local $oBBTable = _IETableGetCollection($oIE, 2) Local $aBBTableData = _IETableWriteToArray($oBBTable) _ArrayDisplay($aBBTableData) EndFunc ;==>_CheckCourses ;~ This function allows changing the search criteria. Func _bbCourseSearchCategoryChange($sCategoryToSearch) Local $aSearchCategory[6] = ["Course ID", "Course Name", "Description", "Instructor", "Data Source Key", "Term"] Local $oForm = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "courseManagerFormSearch") Local $oSearchCategory = _IEGetObjByName($oForm, "courseInfoSearchKeyString") _IEAction($oSearchCategory, "focus") _IEFormElementOptionSelect($oSearchCategory, $aSearchCategory[$sCategoryToSearch], 1, "byText") EndFunc ;==>_bbCourseSearchCategoryChange ;~ All exit commands, including F4, calls this function Func _Exit() Exit EndFunc ;==>_Exit  
      My main question is: How do I create an If... Then based on what is found in the search results? I need additional tasks to run if Col 1, Row 2 in the array contains the exact string I searched for. (Am I going about this the right way?)
      My next question (I might make a new thread for): How do I make the whole thing loop, as in, copy the next cell in the Excel sheet and do the whole thing over again until there's no more? I understand that a For/Next loop thingy would be used. I just don't know how. Loops are really confusing to me.
      Thank you all for your guidance and have a happy new year!
    • lattey
      By lattey
      hi,
      i have checkboxes and each checkbox that checked, i put in array. 
      now, im stuck on how to loop the checked array and store in in one variable. what i can do now, is only write the result into a text file. 
      below is the code:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> ;~ #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> Global $Count = 3 Global $CheckBoxP[$Count] Global $step[$Count] global $array1[1] Global $ExitResult $hGUI = GUICreate("Summary Steps", 500, 400) GUISetFont(12, 400, "Tahoma") GUICtrlCreateLabel( "Please Select the Summary Steps for Script Check", 70, 20) GUISetFont(10, 400, "Tahoma") Global $array_Pstep[3] = ["fix2","fix1","fix3"] global $step[3] = ["2","3","4"] $Spacing = 50 For $i = 0 To UBound($array_Pstep) - 1 $CheckBoxP[$i] = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox($array_Pstep[$i], 80, $Spacing + (20 * $i), 65, 17) Next $submit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Submit",180, 280, 80, 30) $exit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit",180, 320, 80, 30) GUISetState() While 1 $Msg = GUIGetMsg() Select case $Msg=$submit For $i = 0 To $Count - 1 If GUICtrlRead($CheckBoxP[$i]) = $GUI_CHECKED Then _ArrayAdd($array1, $step[$i]) EndIf Next Global $logfilerray = @WorkingDir & "\checkedlist.txt" FileDelete ($logfilerray) Global $readlogfile = FileOpen($logfilerray,1) for $a = 1 to UBound($array1) - 1 ;~ $var=$array1[$a] FileWriteLine($readlogfile,$array1[$a]) Next FileClose($readlogfile) Exit case $Msg=$exit $ExitResult = MsgBox(1,"Summary Step", "Continue to Exit ?") if $ExitResult = 1 Then ;ok Exit EndIf Exit EndSelect WEnd  
    • omicron
      By omicron
      How do you perform a nested loop function with a multidimensional array from 2 lists.
      for i in list1
      (open file) extract variable
          while open for i in list 2
          (open file2) extract variable

var1 + var2 = (search term)

The list sizes will more than likely consist of different lengths.

What is the best approach to accomplishing this method?