(SOLVED) Specify credentials when using remote registry

I am trying to update the WSUS AUOption on a list of computers by IP. I have the code for this that functions but it requires me to have already made a connection through regedit to this computer and that isn't helping much since I might as well import the changes there if I have to do that. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for validating a local admin credentials via another method. Posted my code below. 

#RequireAdmin

#include <File.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Local $aArray = FileReadToArray("C:\Users\Desktop\IPlist.txt")

Local $iLineCount = @extended

If @error Then
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "There was an error reading the file. @error: " & @error) ; An error occurred reading the current script file.
Else
    For $i = 0 To $iLineCount - 1 ; Loop through the array. UBound($aArray) can also be used.
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $aArray[$i]) ; Display the contents of the array.
        RegWrite("\\" & $$aArray[$i] & "\" & "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU", "AUOptions", "REG_DWORD", "00000004")
    Next
EndIf

Edited by xCROv

• Moderators

You are using a single domain account that has administrative rights on all the machines, correct? So you can compile your script and Run it as that account. Or am I misunderstanding your meaning?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Just now, JLogan3o13 said:

You are using a single domain account that has administrative rights on all the machines, correct? So you can compile your script and Run it as that account. Or am I misunderstanding your meaning?

These are non-domain joined computers (I know...). I am doing WSUS through registry edits at the moment and working towards getting them on a domain at a later date. My issue is that they are currently set to AUOption value 3 and that means they dont install updates automatically. I need to edit the registry value to 4 for them to actually install the WSUS updates. This is on about 150 computers so I would rather not have to do it by hand. The script above works for stepping through a array and making a connection, just having issues with validating the local credentials so that I have the permissions to write to the registry. If I connect to the computer using regedit and then run the script it does everything as expected.

• Moderators

Are they bound in any way (same workgroup, homegroup, etc.), or simply a bunch of computers on the same segment?

Edit: and do you at least have the same Admin credentials set on each?

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

All have the same admin credentials. They are all in WORKGROUP. 

I was using RunAsWait() with the following but am not seeing the changes on the computer side.

RunAsWait("USERNAME","WORKGROUP","PASSWORD", 0, "\\" & $aArray[$i] & "\c$\Windows\System32\cmd.exe" & " /c " & '%SystemRoot%\System32\reg.exe add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU /v AUOptions /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f')

For those of you reading from the future. Using PSExec I ran with the following.

You need to change %username% and %password% with your credentials if you need them.

psexec -d -u %USERNAME% -p %PASSWORD% -n 30 -s @C:\IPList.txt cmd /c "%SystemRoot%\System32\reg.exe add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU /v AUOptions /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f"