Use Windows 10 on screen keyboard?

Is there a way to use control send to push ctrl v on the windows 10 on screen keyboard? I saw another thread in which someone said you could possibly do it by getting the ID of the button on the keyboard but when I try to do that it doesn't seem to pull up anything for the ID on the Autoit Window info.  I tried x86 and 64 and that didn't seem to make a difference. The reason if that in Windows 10 Active Directory Users and computers seems to look for virtual keystrokes and does not accept them. Unless you use the onScreen Keyboard. Then it will just fine.

Edited by noobieautolearn

Hello,

The "Active Directory Users and Computers" GUI is not the only way to solve AD tasks.

There is an Active Directory (AD) UDF available to automate AD tasks.

I personally do a lot of AD automation with PowerShell, have a look at the "ActiveRoles Management Shell" extensions. iirc the latest free version is 1.5.1, a part of Quest ActiveRoles Server 6.7

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

14 hours ago, rudi said:

Hello,

The "Active Directory Users and Computers" GUI is not the only way to solve AD tasks.

I personally do a lot of AD automation with PowerShell, have a look at the "ActiveRoles Management Shell" extensions. iirc the latest free version is 1.5.1, a part of Quest ActiveRoles Server 6.7

Regards, Rudi.

That seems to be the way I may need to go, it's just so frustrating that my scripts work in widnows 7 but not windows 10.

On 5/8/2018 at 3:39 AM, rudi said:

Hello,

Can you do the following things with Active Directory (AD) UDF?

Set the description?

Set the supervisor?

Copy another users permissions?

Set their phone number?

Set their office?

Set their address?

etc?

• Moderators

@noobieautolearn In short, yes. For a longer answer, there is a LOT of documentation on what you can and cannot do with the AD UDF on the forum. You only need to take some time to read it:

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!