Shutdown At 00:00:00

Skrip

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19347 (i'll repost script in a minute)

so far I have the code from spook (thanks!) but I can't seem to get a GUI for it. I want a GUI with an input box to pop-up asking "What time do you want your computer to shut down at?" then have buttons Ok and Cancel. And what ever time I type in like 00:00:00 for midnight and 22:10:00 at 10:10 PM.

While 1
   $T3 = @hour & ":" & @Min & ":" & @sec
   If $T3 = "00" & ":" & "00" & ":" & "00" then
      shutdown(13)
   endif
   Sleep(50)
WEnd

thats the shutdown code but I can't get the GUI explained above to work please help.

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19347 (i'll repost script in a minute)

so far I have the code from spook (thanks!) but I can't seem to get a GUI for it. I want a GUI with an input box to pop-up asking "What time do you want your computer to shut down at?" then have buttons Ok and Cancel. And what ever time I type in like 00:00:00 for midnight and 22:10:00 at 10:10 PM.

While 1
   If $T3 = "00" & ":" & "00" & ":" & "00" then
      shutdown(13)
   endif
   Sleep(50)
WEnd

thats the shutdown code but I can't get the GUI explained above to work please help.

well an inputbox() is different from a GUI. you should lookup InputBox() in the help file and you'll have your answer

okay...well than I just need an input box, but I don't know how to have it tell the time i'm typing in...

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

• Moderators

$Time2DoSomething = InputBox()

That variable will hold whatever was typed in the input box, and you can pass it as such.

A GUI is probably more efficient and professional looking IMHO, and... Koda can do that for you straight from the Tool section in SciTe

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

It's a very well put together tool that I believe 'LookFar' and 'LazyCat' put together (Forgive if I messed that up :P). For people that don't know how, or want to learn how, or just like to do GUI's quickly, it's a 'Have to tool'.

Open SciTe >> Tools >> Koda or Open SciTe and Alt+m

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

2 things

------

Alright

InputBox ("ShutDown Timer", "Please Enter the time to shutdown your computer using 24 hour clock.", "", "", -1, -1, 0, 0)
While 1
   If $T3 = "InputBox()" then
      shutdown(13)
   endif
   Sleep(50)
WEnd

that didn't work...I tried "16" & ":" & "37" & ":" & "00"

then I moved my clock forward and tried 17 and that didn't work please help again.

-------

-------

where is this SciTe?

maybe this

you could "hide" the clock if you dont want to see it

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

$Alarm = InputBox ("ShutDown Timer", "Please Enter the time to shutdown your computer using a 12 hour clock.", "9:00:00 PM", "", -1, -1, 0, 0)

Global $sec = @SEC, $minute, $hour, $light, $time, $clocklabel
opt("WinWaitDelay", 100)
opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
opt("WinDetectHiddenText", 1)
opt("MouseCoordMode", 0)
GUICreate("Max's Clock", 200, 50, (@DesktopWidth - 188) / 2, (@DesktopHeight - 59) / 2)
$clocklabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Loading...", 5, 5, 190, 40, 0x1000)
GUICtrlSetFont($clocklabel, 24)
GUISetState()
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    If $msg = -3 Then
        ExitLoop
    ElseIf $sec <> @SEC Then
        GUICtrlSetData($clocklabel, TimeSet())
        AlarmCheck(TimeSet())
    EndIf
WEnd
Exit
Func AlarmCheck($time)
If $time = $Alarm Then
MsgBox(0,"","Time to call it a night");Alarm function(configure how wanted)
;shutdown(13)
EndIf
EndFunc;==>AlarmCheck
Func TimeSet()
    $light = " AM"
    $hour = @HOUR
    $minute = @MIN
    $sec = @SEC
    If $hour = 0 Then
        $hour = 12
    ElseIf $hour = 12 Then
        $light = " PM"
    ElseIf $hour > 12 Then
        $hour = (@HOUR) - 12
        $light = " PM"
    EndIf
    $time = $hour & ":" & $minute & ":" & $sec & $light
    Return $time
EndFunc;==>TimeSet

i commented-out the shutdown

8)

NEWHeader1.png

• Moderators

That is a good one Val... but, I had just told him to put the InputBox() into a variable before he showed that code above yours... do you see his InputBox in a variable?

That is a good one Val... but, I had just told him to put the InputBox() into a variable before he showed that code above yours... do you see his InputBox in a variable?

i noticed that he tried

If $T3 = "InputBox()" then

that was an effort to put the variable in.... i guess

8)

EDIT

in retrospect... i noticed you were working with him and decided to stay out... and after he posted (2:42 pm) you didn't respond.... thats the only reason i stepped in...(3:11 PM) ( almost 1/2 hour (29 minutes))

i was trying to respect you

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

• Moderators
:P - Ooops I feel like an ass! - I didn't see that he 'litterally' followed my example!!

Sorry, I havn't used Autoit for a long time yet, I have made some pretty good scripts on my own, but like for this I had no clue on what to do. Thanks you very much Valuater! You have Helped me alot! So have you Smoke_N in other threads! Thanks everybody whos helped me.

Edited by Firestorm

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

$Alarm = InputBox ("ShutDown Timer", "Please Enter the time to shutdown your computer using a 12 hour clock.", "9:00:00 PM", "", -1, -1, 0, 0)
Global $sec = @SEC, $minute, $hour, $light, $time, $clocklabel
opt("WinWaitDelay", 100)
opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
opt("WinDetectHiddenText", 1)
opt("MouseCoordMode", 0)
GUISetState()
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    If $msg = -3 Then
        ExitLoop
    ElseIf $sec <> @SEC Then
        GUICtrlSetData($clocklabel, TimeSet())
        AlarmCheck(TimeSet())
    EndIf
WEnd
Exit
Func AlarmCheck($time)
If $time = $Alarm Then
$answer = MsgBox(3,"Shutdown","Shutdown Time arrived, continue? This box will select 'Yes' in 20 seconds if no selection.");Alarm function(configure how wanted)
sleep(10)
ControlSetText("Shutdown", "Cancel", "2", "Restart" )
;if no then
If $answer = 7 Then
    Exit
EndIf
; if cancel then
If $answer = 2 Then
shutdown(6)
    Exit
EndIf
;Function below if yes
shutdown(13)

EndIf
EndFunc;==>AlarmCheck
Func TimeSet()
    $light = " AM"
    $hour = @HOUR
    $minute = @MIN
    $sec = @SEC
    If $hour = 0 Then
        $hour = 12
    ElseIf $hour = 12 Then
        $light = " PM"
    ElseIf $hour > 12 Then
        $hour = (@HOUR) - 12
        $light = " PM"
    EndIf
    $time = $hour & ":" & $minute & ":" & $sec & $light
    Return $time
EndFunc;==>TimeSet

in that code at this part

If $time = $Alarm Then
$answer = MsgBox(3,"Shutdown","Shutdown Time arrived, continue? This box will select 'Yes' in 20 seconds if no selection.", 20);Alarm function(configure how wanted)
sleep(10)
ControlSetText("Shutdown", "Cancel", "2", "Restart" )
;if no then
If $answer = 7 Then
    Exit
EndIf
; if cancel then
If $answer = 2 Then
shutdown(6)
    Exit
EndIf

Theres 2 problems at the cancel part I can't find the control # for cancel, and at ;if cancel then part it just shuts down the computer I want that to change to say Restart and for it to restart the computer. Please help.