_IENavigate requested action with this object has failed

Ok to start I know there have been many posts on this issue and ive read them all to no avail.

Here is my issue. I wrote a program a component of which is moving from page to page in an incremental fashion and collecting and processing data. The program itself is fine. However after changing and testing portions of the program unrelated to the IE navigate portion I get a failure every time. IENavigate fails on the first try.  

func _goToOrder ($idIn, $dtype)
    local $tURL = $oURL
    if $dtype = 2 Then
        $tURL = $pURL
        endif

_ienavigate($oIE,$tURL&$idIn)
if @error Then
    _goToOrder($idIn, $dtype)
EndIf
endfunc

The weird part is that I uninstalled autoit and installed the newest version and the program started working again (without me having to change the code). Then after coding a gui (and not touching the ienavigate code) the program started failing again. This time reinstalling didn't work.  It seems almost as though windows is preventing the specific code from running after i run the code over and over for testing purposes. 

Im really at a loss at this point, any input would be appreciated. I don't believe the issue has anything to do with my actual code... although i may be wrong. Here is the console error info:

--> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Error from function _IENavigate, $_IESTATUS_COMError (-2147352567)
--> COM Error encountered in order tool v3 Beta.au3 (272) :
----> $IEComErrorNumber            = 0x80020009 (-2147352567)
----> $IEComErrorWinDescription    = Exception occurred.
----> $IEComErrorDescription       = 
----> $IEComErrorSource            = 
----> $IEComErrorHelpFile          = 
----> $IEComErrorHelpContext       = 0
----> $IEComErrorLastDllError      = 0
----> $IEComErrorRetcode           = 0x800700AA

UPDATE: I just installed autoit on a different pc and copied the code as is. The same exact code works fine on the new pc. Still need a solution though.

Edited by ComradVlad

Where is $oIE defined? Is it a local variable, or global?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

7 minutes ago, BrewManNH said:

Where is $oIE defined? Is it a local variable, or global?

Global,

But i just updated my post. I moved the code as is to a fresh install of autoit on another pc and everything worked fine. No changes made to the code. I then tried compiling it on the new install computer and moving it back to the old computer. On the old computers it just errors out again. So its definitely not the code but something having to do with autoit/windows.

Edited by ComradVlad

I just compiled the exe on the computer that was originally erroring out when running the script. I transferred the program to yet another computer and ran it with no problems. So basically the script stops working on a computer after a certain amount of times running the script.  This is veeeeeery strange, really hope someone can let me know whats going on.

8 hours ago, Juvigy said:

Is it 64bit windows? and IE ?  Use this to force 64bit Autoit - #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=Y

Just tried it and same issue. Previously i had also uninstalled autoit and installed it using 64 bit option which didnt work either.

Also another update. One of the new computers on which the program was working yesterday stopped working today. However a 3rd computer on which i used the program yesterday still works. The computers on which it is no longer working are windows 8.1 and windows 10. The last computer that still works is windows 7.. not sure if its just a coincidence. 

Edited by ComradVlad

Which autoit version? 

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

2 hours ago, mLipok said:

Which autoit version? 

I've tried the latest Version 3.5.4  and the beta version as well.  When this initials happened i was using an older version (not sure which one) and installing the newest version temporarily solved the problem. After running the code a good amount of times it started failing again.

3.5.4 isn't the AutoIt version number, it's the SciTE version number.

Run this script and tell us what the results are:

#include <Misc.au3>
; Version: 1.00. AutoIt: V3.3.8.1
; Retrieve the recommended information of the current system when posting a support question.
Local $sSystemInfo = 'I have a valid AutoIt support question and kindly provided the details of my system:' & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
          'AutoIt Version: V' & @AutoItVersion & ' [' & (@AutoItX64 ?'X64':'X32') & ']' & @CRLF & _
          'Windows Version: ' & @OSVersion & ' [' & @OSArch & ']' & @CRLF & _
          'Language: ' & _GetOSLanguage() & ' (' & @OSLang & ')' & @CRLF & @CRLF
MsgBox(4096, 'This info has been copied to the clipboard. Use Ctrl + V to retrieve it.', $sSystemInfo)
ClipPut($sSystemInfo)

Func _GetOSLanguage()
     Local $aString[20] = [19, "0409 0809 0C09 1009 1409 1809 1C09 2009 2409 2809 2C09 3009 3409", "0404 0804 0C04 1004 0406", "0406", "0413 0813", "0425", _
               "040B", "040C 080C 0C0C 100C 140C 180C", "0407 0807 0C07 1007 1407", "040E", "0410 0810", _
               "0411", "0414 0814", "0415", "0416 0816", "0418", _
               "0419", "081A 0C1A", "040A 080A 0C0A 100A 140A 180A 1C0A 200A 240A 280A 2C0A 300A 340A 380A 3C0A 400A 440A 480A 4C0A 500A", "041D 081D"]
     Local $aLanguage[20] = [19, "English", "Chinese", "Danish", "Dutch", "Estonian", "Finnish", "French", "German", "Hungarian", "Italian", _
               "Japanese", "Norwegian", "Polish", "Portuguese", "Romanian", "Russian", "Serbian", "Spanish", "Swedish"]
     For $i = 1 To $aString[0]
          If StringInStr($aString[$i], @OSLang) Then
               Return $aLanguage[$i]
          EndIf
     Next
     Return $aLanguage[1]
EndFunc   ;==>_GetOSLanguage

Paste the contents of the clipboard to your post, this script puts the information into the clipboard for you.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

1 hour ago, BrewManNH said:

3.5.4 isn't the AutoIt version number, it's the SciTE version number.

Run this script and tell us what the results are:

#include <Misc.au3>
; Retrieve the recommended information of the current system when posting a support question.
Local $sSystemInfo = 'I have a valid AutoIt support question and kindly provided the details of my system:' & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
          'AutoIt Version: V' & @AutoItVersion & ' [' & (@AutoItX64 ?'X64':'X32') & ']' & @CRLF & _
MsgBox(4096, 'This info has been copied to the clipboard. Use Ctrl + V to retrieve it.', $sSystemInfo)
ClipPut($sSystemInfo)

Func _GetOSLanguage()
     Local $aString[20] = [19, "0409 0809 0C09 1009 1409 1809 1C09 2009 2409 2809 2C09 3009 3409", "0404 0804 0C04 1004 0406", "0406", "0413 0813", "0425", _
               "040B", "040C 080C 0C0C 100C 140C 180C", "0407 0807 0C07 1007 1407", "040E", "0410 0810", _
               "0419", "081A 0C1A", "040A 080A 0C0A 100A 140A 180A 1C0A 200A 240A 280A 2C0A 300A 340A 380A 3C0A 400A 440A 480A 4C0A 500A", "041D 081D"]
     Local $aLanguage[20] = [19, "English", "Chinese", "Danish", "Dutch", "Estonian", "Finnish", "French", "German", "Hungarian", "Italian", _
               "Japanese", "Norwegian", "Polish", "Portuguese", "Romanian", "Russian", "Serbian", "Spanish", "Swedish"]
               Return $aLanguage[$i]
          EndIf
     Next
     Return $aLanguage[1]

Paste the contents of the clipboard to your post, this script puts the information into the clipboard for you.

I have a valid AutoIt support question and kindly provided the details of my system:

AutoIt Version: V3.3.14.5 [X32]
Windows Version: WIN_81 [X64]
Language: English (0409)

I can also private message the entire code if necessary

Edited by ComradVlad

Very nice @BrewManNH

I would sugest, one little change, MsgBox and ClipPut should be swap.

#include <Misc.au3>
ClipPut($sSystemInfo)

Func _GetOSLanguage()
               Return $aLanguage[$i]
          EndIf
     Next
     Return $aLanguage[1]

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

I didn't write it, just copied it here. I think it was one of guiness'  creations.

Although, where the ClipPut is wouldn't make any difference, whether it's done after the msgbox or before, it still gets done.

21 hours ago, BrewManNH said:

info has been copied to the clipboard

I thought this mean that clipboard is already filled. In such cases ClipPut should be used before MsgBox ;)

Edited by mLipok
typo

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Could you try AutoIt 3.3.10.2 ?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

On 5/18/2018 at 1:31 PM, junkew said:

You could look if the mem usage or number of processes is increasing. After how long does it start failing. Most logical is leaking things in your coding.

It fails instantly on the first IE navigate. There's no variable time for failure. I meant that it stops running after certain amount of times using the application at which point it always fails on the first ienavigate moving forward.

On 5/17/2018 at 8:45 AM, mLipok said:

Could you try AutoIt 3.3.10.2 ?

ill give it a try