Traytip not working in Windows 10

traytip isn't working in windows 10. nothing happens when i use the Traytip command.

here's a simple script i used:

TrayTip("I'm a title", "I'm the message", 5)

i tried changing the registry setting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced ( which didn't have EnableBalloonTips) and creating a DWORD entry called EnableBalloonTips and setting it to 1 and logging off then back in. that did not resolve the problem.

i'm running Windows 10 v1709 b16299.431

Post a runnable script that demonstrates your issue.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• dwaynek changed the title to Traytip not working in Windows 10

I ran it, works ok for me

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• 11 months later...

In case anyone is bothering with this issue, I had to activate notifications again since I had them disabled to fix this *epicfacepalm*.

winkey + I -> System -> Notifications & actions -> enable notifications

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I had a similar problem and the solution turn out to be to turn Focus Assist off (winkey + I -> System -> Focus Assist off). Or maybe you can configure it to let your app show notifications specifically. I turned Focus Assist on a whole while ago and have completely forgotten about it. 

• 3 years later...

I don't know if I should start a new thread but Traytip() does not work on my new Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Mini PC either.

Firstly, I have found that, for me, the tray tip will not display at all unless there is some text in the title field.

Additionally, the first "properly formatted" tray tip does not display regardless, yet the second and subsequent tray tips do display.

My example script below demonstrates what I am talking about. So TT3 is the first to display, TT4 does not display and then TT5 does and of course TT6 displays 5 times.

(Yes, I have notifications enabled).

; $TIP_ICONASTERISK (1) = Info icon
; $TIP_NOSOUND (16) = Disable sound

TrayTip("TT1", "Dummy. This tip will not be seen.", Default, 17)
Sleep(1000)
TrayTip("", "This tip will also not be seen.", Default, 17)
Sleep(1000)
TrayTip("TT3", "This tip will be the first seen.", Default, 17)
Sleep(2000)
TrayTip("", "Again this tip will be not be seen as it has no title.", Default, 17)
Sleep(2000)
TrayTip("TT5", "This will be the second tip displayed.", Default, 17)
Sleep(2000)
For $i = 5 To 1 Step -1
  TrayTip("TT6", "Tray tip visible 5 times: (" & $i & ")", Default, 17)
  Sleep(1000)
Next

Edited by pseakins
Added more information.

Phil Seakins

It wasn't working in 22H2 either. I have found several issues, some bizarre, with AutoIt under Windows 11. I will try to document them on the forum when I find time.

Ie, task manager shows the name of running scripts as aut2exe.exe instead of the actual name of the exe. I found it necessary to enter the full name of the target exe into the description field of resource update during compilation.
Intermittently, defining an icon for the executable during compilation is ignored. Works on some scripts but not on others. Could it be because the script name starts with "test"? Maybe due to some buffering issue with W11.
Setting a compiled script to run at startup via W+R\shell:startup does not work. It does start the exe but it is hiding somewhere in the background and does not actually function, its hotkeys don't work, despite running as administrator and every other trick I can think of.
EDIT: The above few items are intermittent. Sometimes it goes away when I reboot, other times, I dunno, it works - it doesn't work. I get confused because 'puters are supposed to be consistent and repeatable and I suspect that dementia may be setting in.

Edited by pseakins
Typo.

Phil Seakins