Symantec blocks file says "not enough information"

Symantec just started to block my file says "not enough information"

I had made very little change to the file few minutes ago, and prior to that Symantec did not complain about it at all.

Symantec is some sort of antivirus we have installed at work. I never had problems with it untill just few minutes ago.

It says that file is "entrusted" or something like that  and then quarantines it.

How do i go about solving that issue ? Its not detecting any viruses in it or what not, and i tried to scan my file online to verify its clean.

Are you using UPX when compiling?  If so, have you tried turning it off?

Do you have control of the AV software?  Perhaps the sysadmins enforced policy has been set to block untrusted files and the timing is coincidental. 

47 minutes ago, spudw2k said:

I guess contact your IT department.

They will get me fired for running my own programs on work computers.

The interesting part is that old version of that same program still runs on that computer and Symantec does not care about it at all.

Edited by tonycst

• Developers

Enough said. ;)

Edit: But when they are worth anything they already know it!

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

On 5/14/2018 at 11:32 PM, Jos said:

Enough said. ;)

Edit: But when they are worth anything they already know it!

What do you mean by " Edit: But when they are worth anything they already know it! " ?

Anyway, i created new blank autoit file and pasted entire code there.
For the sake of the "not enough information" i added comments and description in the compiling dialog.
File no longer blocked and Symantec does not care about it anymore.  It still scan it every time i execute it but it lets it pass thru.

Edited by tonycst

• Developers
1 minute ago, tonycst said:

What do you mean by " Edit: But when they are worth anything they already know it! " ?

Any IT department that is in control of their Computers will know exactly which programs are on that computer. Hope it doesn't get you fired though! :)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I get that. They dont seem to give me any trouble.

Because i need my program to be used on multiple work stations by everyone in the department (it makes out life allot easier by automating processes) i put my file in the network drive. Even there no one gave me any hard time about it.

I also have another program i made and placed on another computer that takes screenshot of the window and sends me emails for the selected days at selected interval.
I use it to send notification to our staff when something is going on. That way we get notice hours before we get a call, as well as tells us exactly whats going on at work and helping us to determent if our presence will be needed or not.
Makes our weekend being on call allot more predictable.

What will it take for me to get a clear for my programs from IT ?
My manager (a director by now) knows i am doing it and she has no problem with that so am sure ill get her support on that.

Will the IT require me to show them the source ? I have no problem with that at all.

Besides i have multiple application written on excel (thanks to autoit language similarity) everyone is also using them to make work flow better.

Out IT is very small. One guy per shift (2 shifts) and no IT is on my shift. Everything else is outsourced just like you would expect.

• Developers
10 hours ago, tonycst said:

What will it take for me to get a clear for my programs from IT ?

Hey, I don't know as I've been in IT whole my life and have been using AutoIt since v2 and used v3 for major unattended software roll-outs myself, so I would not have an issue at all a long as you obey the rules of privacy.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.