your link

http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~plg1/AutoIt...toIt3.0.83a.chm

Your file

http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~plg1/AutoIt...oItn3.0.83a.chm

your post:

Current version AutoIt3.0.83a.chm:  the help file and its source files

Glad to see I am not the only one who makes mistakes :whistle:

Edited by scriptkitty

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are still looking for examples, here is one that sets the time string to 12 hour format.

;Get Time in 12 hour format
;This version also corrects the noon hour problem
;
$Hour = @Hour

If @Hour > "12" Then
    $Hour= @Hour - 12
    $AP= " PM"
Else
    $AP= " AM"
EndIf
If @Hour = "12" Then $AP= " PM"
$Time = $Hour &":"& @Min&$AP

You may have a simpler routine and if you do I'm interested. I have been collecting examples and adding them into the

"AutoIt3\Examples" folder with the appropriate shorcuts to my AutoIt3 group. Eventually I will use them in a customized (for me) installer program for AutoIt3. Yes Jon, your installer is just fine but it makes changes that I don't want made on my system. I get fussy at times.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Eventually I will use them in a customized (for me) installer program for AutoIt3.  Yes Jon, your installer is just fine but it makes changes that I don't want made on my system.  I get fussy at times.

Good to see I'm not the only one who's made a script to handle installing AutoIt to prevent changes. I got tired of the installer overwriting my editor and Aut2Exe settings about 25 versions back.

While on the topic of examples, though, this is my only criticism of this "unofficial" help file. The examples section is big and cluttered and getting bigger all the time. How about changing it to a single page with a link to the examples folder and a small description of what each example script does? You maybe could link to each script file also and load them into the embedded browser.

One suggestion I thought of was for FileSelectFolder, you might put a list of the CLSIDS of some common folders, such as "My Computer" and the like. I posted the CLSID for "My Computer" in another thread a couple days ago.

I also use a template file in the ShellNew folder so I can R-click the desktop, select New>AutoIt 3 file and use that template for the new script so I want the proper registry entries created during install.

You can put the template in "%USERPROFILE%\Templates\" and it will override whatever is in the ShellNew folder (AutoIt's default install location, I think). This is probably limited to NT based systems, though. Being on XP Pro, I put my custom template in my personal Templates folder and let AutoIt's installer overwrite the one in ShellNew.

It was me you posted it for and I should have remembered that I have that complete list. BTW: It worked in that situation but now I have another use for it and it does not give the same results so I will have to play with it a bit.

Oh yeah, it was you. I was too lazy to go look up the thread ealier :whistle:. Could you post the list of CLSIDS or a link to where you found them? I'd like them for future reference.

What is the other situation where it doesn't work? Whatever it is may not support virtual paths like that.

Responses to posts:

to Scriptkitty: Link should work now--I just wanted to see if people were looking at the updates :whistle: And don't worry about writing too much; I can hack away at it. (I had made changes to your #Include documentation, by the way)

to Geosoft: Examples are welcome :angry: I NEED MORE EXAMPLES B) I have seen CLSID lists before for all windows versions (maybe at virtualplastic.net) and will get some added soon.

to Valik: Yes, the examples section is bloated. I plan on breaking it up (similar to the way I broke up the macros). I like the idea of using the examples folder; however, (if I understand correctly) it would require Jon to change the files he includes in the AutoIt package. I'd prefer to keep the help file self-contained... P.S.: Would you like to share your installer scripts?

No new release tonight. I have a relative visiting for the next three days, so I might not post until the weekend.

EDIT: I think some functions that Jon didn't list were affected by the 3.0.83 changes. (FileSelectFolder, now returns numeric 1 if user cancels/closes without choosing a folder. Of course, you should look at the error flag instead!)

Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• Administrators

CyberSlug, I'm going to start hax0ring the help file now that I've got everything coded that I wanted in for release. So I'm going look through your help file and cut and past and hack the bits I like into my version - if that is ok?

Oh, and mail me your realname/email address so that I can add you to the authors list. Help on the help file is much appreciated as Larry and I _really_ hate documenting... :whistle:

As for examples, I want two kinds in the installer:

1. Ultra simple (similar to AutoIt2 examples) - no loops/funcs/freaky stuff

2. Advanced stuff - pretty much utility functions (some of those in your help file fit the bill)

I'll probably do 1. myself based on the v2.64 scripts.

B)

I was hoping that we were helping in some way. This is one great program, feel free to throw out any of my stuff, keep it, tear it apart, etc.

I am not really a lot of help, but it takes a bunch of Pawns to win a game of chess too, and someday I could get to the other end of the board and become a knight, bishop, or anything.

Sounds like you are very close to a release, of course I have never thought that this was a beta. ( I am used to microsoft releases :whistle:

In other thoughts, ever think about a different script icon? I use both, so I have my default icon set as my designer one.

Scriptkitty loud V3 script icon

I just like to have my V3 scripts standout from the old ones.

I even make AutoIt change it for me after each install.

RegWrite("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AutoIt3Script\DefaultIcon", "", "REG_SZ", "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\scripticon.ICO")

Just a thought.

Hard to keep such a limited pallet of colors.

If you think you might wish a change, I wouldn't mind donating a few icons for your approval.

Edited by scriptkitty

CyberSlug, I'm going to start hax0ring the help file now that I've got everything coded that I wanted in for release.  So I'm going look through your help file and cut and past and hack the bits I like into my version - if that is ok?

Please use whatever you want :whistle: Perhaps you could release a beta help file a few days before the final release (so that we have a chance to point out any lingering bugs).

Also, maybe some things could be moved/added to an appendix section:

- ASCII character list

- Send Key list

- Virtual Key codes (for FileCreateShortcut)

- CLSID list (for FileSelectFolder)

- anything else?

TO-DO List:

- make sure all functions appear in functions.htm

- make sure "related" links work

- get Jon to include a help file index B)

- fix documentation bugs

Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

I found a few bugs in my macros section:

- @compiled, @OSLang, @TAB were missing

- there were some quotation mark problems

These will be fixed in my next unofficial release.

EDIT: A list of language codes (for @OSLang) can be found at http://techsupt.winbatch.com/TS/T000001050F49.html

Edited by CyberSlug

I've been working on an appendix [ASCII char list, @OSLang codes, Send key list, virtual key codes, fonts list], fixing links, and making some other changes. I'll also add documentation for "Exit" which was pointed out in another thread.

I'm expecting to post Sunday or so.

• Administrators

In other thoughts, ever think about a different script icon?  I use both, so I have my default icon set as my designer one.

Scriptkitty loud V3 script icon

I just like to have my V3 scripts standout from the old ones.

I even make AutoIt change it for me after each install.

RegWrite("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AutoIt3Script\DefaultIcon", "", "REG_SZ", "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\scripticon.ICO")

Just a thought.

Hard to keep such a limited pallet of colors.

If you think you might wish a change, I wouldn't mind donating a few icons for your approval.

Hmmm, I'd forgotten that you don't have to have the icon as part of the exe for filetypes. That's 766 bytes I could save.

Maybe we should do a high colour icon for the install too - if it's not part of the exe then size is no longer a problem. I think the default sizes for XP are something like, 48x48, 32x32 and 16x16.

• Administrators

Good to see I'm not the only one who's made a script to handle installing AutoIt to prevent changes. I got tired of the installer overwriting my editor and Aut2Exe settings about 25 versions back.

New installer will prompt at the start to do a "clean install" (removes old version first) or an "upgrade" (installs all exes/shortcuts but leaves CLASSES_ROOT settings and compiler defaults alone).

I've never seen the criticism about the installer before so I didn't know it was a problem :whistle:

Another great script from JdeB. :whistle: Thanks!

Note to users: Place the script in the directory that contains the AutoItn.hhp file and the html folder. Run the script, then replace html\functions.htm with the new version. Recompile project.

:whistle: LoL CyberSlug is a Spammer! B)

FileOpenDialog ( "title", "init dir", "filter", [options[ )

should be:

FileOpenDialog ( "title", "init dir", "filter", [options] )

oh, and while I am looking it over, It may be nice to explain a bit about CLSID List

, as in giving an example like:

$var = FileOpenDialog( "Choose a file.", "::{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}", "My Files (*.au3)", 1 + 4 )