Improved Help File (UNofficial)

CyberSlug

• Developers

CyberSlug/Jon,

Made several updates and combined the scripts to generate the index.hhk and functions.htm.

Posted the script on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AutoItList/files/AU3/MISC/

updates include:

- One script of both

- Better filter for the @ macro entries in the index (showed a couple of wrong entries)

- added the file sort as Jon suggested for the functions

- resolved functionname and description correctly when on multiple lines.

- decompile to a subdir of the script dir to keep the scriptdir clean

Jos

Update: found a small issue on the retrieval of the function desc... solved now and uploaded..

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

I have documented the Installation of AutoIt3 Syntax Highlighting and Context sensitive Help in the Crimson Editor and made it available on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AutoItList/f...s%20%26%20Info/

The autoit&Crimson.zip file contains all files needed and are updated till rel 3.0.84.

Maybe its a good idea to include it under the appendix section of the helpfile ?

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Only thing I don't like is:

$CmdLine[$CmdLine[0]] is one way to get the last parameter

if no command line parm are given, it returns 0

if one comment line parm was given as 0 it returns 0

I can't think of a reason I dont' like it actually. Maybe I just don't like the wording, I understand what is being said though. If I figure out a better way, I will post a sugestion.

I really like the breakdown you made for the asc/chr chart, and some of the other additional sections, but maybe it is because I lack a quick look up chart for those. :whistle:

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

• Developers

compared to the latest Jon posted in Unstable these function files are missing:

html\functions\Abs.htm

html\functions\AdlibDisable.htm

html\functions\AdlibEnable.htm

html\functions\HotKeySet.htm

html\functions\Pow.htm

html\functions\Round.htm

html\functions\Sqrt.htm

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I could have sworn Adlib didn't work anymore--but it does! Thanks for pointing that out.

I just downloaded Jon's "unstable" help file. I'll add those new functions, too.

Any other problems (particularaly in the newly added "Language Syntax" intro section)?

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• Developers

Looks good...

You might want to consider creating one page per item you listed at the top because else it will become quit a lot of info for one page.

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Looks good...

You might want to consider creating one page per item you listed at the top because else it will become quit a lot of info for one page.

I'm not sure what you mean... Do you have the newest version?

http://userfs.cec.wustl.edu/~plg1/AutoItHe...toIt3.0.84c.chm

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• Developers

:iamstupid: Sorry... looked at the previous version.... :whistle: getting confused with the number of updates ...

Just read it and looks clear to me...

found two typo's in the "Language Syntax" page

Brackets are not interchangable. with parentheses!

Nested If-statements need to be used isntead.

The index contains an entry "compiling" linked to /html/intro/compiling.htm which doesn't exists.... but after running it through update_help_file.au3 it disapeared....

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

version 3.0.85 of the docs are posted.... here's the link

Includes:

- the new math functions (and AdlibEnable/Disable which I'd removed :whistle:)

- some additions Appendix SendKeys entry

- fixes to Index and other small things

I hope I finally removed more bugs than I put in B)

Darn, I forgot to explain "The text of the window to read." next time I'll add it

Edited by CyberSlug

Hi Sluggie .. you were looking for helpfile suggestions: Larry explained the new @error convention in a way that would add great value to the examples of affected functions in your CHM.

See what he had to say - http://www.hiddensoft.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=342

Here's Jon's list of affected functions - http://www.hiddensoft.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=250

HTH

Edited by trids

New version AutoIt3.0.85b.chm

Highlights:

- Added math functions.... I was waiting for Jon to add them to his help file, but maybe he was waiting for me to add them :whistle:

- Updated documentation on FileCreateShortcut, FileWriteIni, FileOpen, and some others

- Added UserWinCenter function to Examples and Tips

Still need to: Fix bugs, add things like Trids suggested, etc.

Oh, I also have an updated syntax coloring file for TextPad

Edit: Darn, I forget to include Larry's tip of using ControlSetText to prevent SplashTextOn from flickering when you update it. Also want to mention in the Intro about %envVariables% in literal strings....

Edited by CyberSlug

Posted AutoIt3.0.85c.chm

- SplashTextOn flicker-free examples added.

- Intro section--return values and error flags discussed; hope I got it accurate enough.

-Misc link/spelling fixes thanks to JdeB.

Still need to update examples using pow() or ^ though.... and mention Windows Millennium in Send() function.... and other stuff....

I'll be out of town for a few days and won't be making any updates during that time. (I might not be checking this forum or email either.)

Jon better not make any radical changes... like dropping parantheses and switching to Reverse Polish Notation :whistle:

I was wondering if you might have a place for my small function code in the help file. I think it may come in quite handy for showing how to make a custom HTML popup status, since there is none yet implemented.

I don't think it is too complex.

$line="Hello World"
$color="#00FF66"
htmlshow($color,$line)
MsgBox(1,"Next","")

$line="<center>I like White Backrounds<br>Better"
$color="#FFFFFF"
htmlshow($color,$line)
MsgBox(1,"Close","")
FileDelete(@ScriptDir &"\test.html")

Func htmlshow($color,$line)
$title="My AutoIt3 Status"
winclose($title)
$file = FileOpen("test.html", 2)
If $file = -1 Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to open file.")
    Exit
EndIf
FileWriteLine($file, "<title>My AutoIt3 Status</title>"& @LF)
FileWriteLine($file, "<body bgcolor="& $color &">" & @LF)
FileWriteLine($file, $line & @LF)
FileClose($file)
Run("C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE -k "& @ScriptDir &"\test.html","",@SW_HIDE)
WinWait ( $title, "")
WinMove ( $title, "", 1, 1, 200, 100)
WinShow ($title, "", @SW_RESTORE)
EndFunc
Edited by scriptkitty

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.