Bug in ASCII table

Is:

SI | 15 | 0f | Shift In, resume defaultn character set

Should be:

SI | 15 | 0f | Shift In, resume default character set

Nitpicking Dave :whistle:

P.S.

Problems with Send documentation:

• Move all the keys from Send (in Functions) to Send Key list (in Appendix) if not done already and remove from Send.
  • Add link to Send Key list in Related section
  • Mention that Ctrl-Alt-Del can not be simulated in Send Key list
Edited by Nutster

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

Jon edit:  Eeek, no don't write out email adresses normally, the spambots...the spambots!!! :whistle:

oops .... sorry....

:iamstupid:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Actually if @Error is 0, the last function/operation worked OK. If @Error is not 0 (1, 2, 3, ...) it did not work and the number indicates how it failed. The error values should be in the docs.

I would prefer to see left as is until there are major changes in Jon's docs but that is just my opinion.

While you are at it, in FileGetTime there is an error in Jon's

should be

@error is set to 0 if the function was successful, otherwise *it is* set to 1.

David Nuttall

Jon, I'll take a look at some issues with files not being sorted.

JdeB, nice script. Would it be possible to work from the provided source files (meaning that the extra decompilitation is not needed)?

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• Administrators

Jon, I'll take a look at some issues with files not being sorted.

I don't think that the FindNextFile functions return files in order. They must be using the filetimes as well (that's all I can think of).

• Developers

The one I mailed does work from the current sources without decompilation. All you do is store the script in the Helpfile directory where the project file is stored. It assumes that the Include directory is a subdir of directory defined in the registry key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HIDDENSOFT\AutoIt3","Installdir"

It will read all *.au3 files in this include directory and create the \html\libfunctions.htm.

It wil also create one description file per ???.au3 it finds. this will be stored in \html\libfunctions\????.htm.

All descriptions which are specified in the ???.AU3 are copied into this description htm file and references are created to these in the \html\libfunctions.htm.

I didn't do much formatting yet, but if you let me know how it should look, I will make the updates.

All it will require is that all ???.AU3 files in the INCLUDE directory are more or less documented in a fixed format like the ones that are in the Include directory currently.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I don't think that the FindNextFile functions return files in order.  They must be using the filetimes as well (that's all I can think of).

Actually, it appears to give the files in the order they are in the underlying directory. Windows Explorer automatically sorts the directory listings, usually by name, but that can be over-ridden. Unless files have been moved/removed from a directory, then the filenames are written in the directory in the order of creation. That is, the first files written are at the beginning and the last files written are at the end.

David Nuttall

Okay, I updated the txt2htm stuff. (It uses the dir console command to pipe a sorted list of files to fileList.tmp which is then used by.) Hmm, I didn't update Gen_RefPage.au3 yet. I'll do that soon...

Jan29 stuff

CHM includes StringFormat and a fix to AutoItSetOption (thanks Jon).

JdeB, I kept getting a blank "include.txt" file when I tried your Include_help_file.au3 (newest version).... I must be doing something wrong, as I've never had problems with any of your other scripts. (The InstallDir registry key is getting read correctly, and the dir command looks right :whistle: I'll try again when I'm more awake)

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• Developers

JdeB, I kept getting a blank "include.txt" file when I tried your Include_help_file.au3 (newest version).... I must be doing something wrong

You probably have a space somewhere in the path to the INCLUDE directory and the script couldn't handle that.... :whistle:

Just sent you an updated version. It also has a few formatting fixes.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Administrators

Okay, I updated the txt2htm stuff.  (It uses the dir console command to pipe a sorted list of files to fileList.tmp which is then used by.)  Hmm, I didn't update Gen_RefPage.au3 yet.  I'll do that soon...

Now I'm getting double line breaks in the titles:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
  <title>Function StringFormat<br>
<br></title>
  <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
  <link href="../css/default.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
</head>

<body>
<h1>Function Reference</h1>
<font size="+1">StringFormat<br>
<br></font>
<hr size="2">

• Administrators

In the Convert() function I added:

Case $section = "###Function###" OR $section = "###Keyword###"
  Return $Input[$i]

Seems to work with the title.

How are you creating the index, or shall I continue to use the the modfied script I had from JdeB?

Cheers.

Edit: My existing JdeB script works fine. Just a final check then I'll be releasing 3.0.91 as "stable" as I've not had any bug reports from yesterday.

• Developers

Edit: My existing JdeB script works fine.

The script that CS has problems with is the new one that will generate the pages for the "Library Function Reference" .... should be fixed now.

It generates this page and the underlying pages the preferred way.. ( without any manual stuff. :whistle: )

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Administrators

CyberSlug, the function/keyword reference page need the Dir/filelist sort order thing doing :whistle:

I just wrote the text file for the DirCopy command in about 10 seconds and it appears as nicely formatted html. Love these scripts.

I have more time today to look at txt2htm again; I think I see some areas I can improve/fix. Let me know if there are any more issues.

I'll adopt docs-v3.0.91-src.zip as the standard docs. If I find documentation bugs, I'll list them here and will upload corrected txt files to my website.

Finally updated Gen_RefPage.au3 get it here

Also, I have a folder DocFixes. It has corrections to the 3.0.91 official docs.

See CHANGES.LOG for details:

FileSetTime -- @@ParamTable@@ was missing

FileGetTime -- changed "single digit" comment to "zero-padded")

AutoItSetOption -- MouseDelay stuff examples had wrong default values

• Administrators

Ta.

I updated he gen_ref script to ignore any CVS directories and also the first reference was being generated as a full path rather than a link. It's in the unstable directory.

txt2htm update:

groups of 2 or more spaces in the Examples section are converted to codes (allowing for easier alignment of comments)!!

3.0.92_DocFixes

*** 10:06 PM 1/31/2004 ***

SplashTextOn -- Param Table formatting was messed up

SendSetCapslockState -- Remarks, "may not work on NT4"

InputBox -- Remarks, minimum and default size; and max string length

WinMenuSelcectItem -- Example, comment was wrong

*** 4:14 PM 1/31/2004 ***

HotKeySet -- Remarks, mention {NumPadEnter} issue

AutoItSetOption -- updated again (alignment of comments in Example)

[Requires 31 Jan version of txt2htm.au3]

MISC NOTE: Need to fix contents of AutoIt.chm

"Splast Text Fonts" should be "Splash..."

Style question:

In functions' syntax examples, do you want a space between the left parenthisis and the name? (All of my submissions did, but your new ones don't.)

Also, do you want to use American or British spellings? (PixelSearch says color in the syntax spec but colour in the param list)

Edited by CyberSlug

• Developers

Pardon my butting in, but i couldn't find a better place for this .. here's an idea perhaps for a tutorial section in the help file .. http://www.hiddensoft.com/forum/index.php?...findpost&p=4231 :whistle:

In the " Using AutoIt" section of the helpfile are most of the basics for AutoIt..

I think jon did a pretty good job in explaining the basic HowTo's ..

What do you think could be added here ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.