Converting Table Image format into normal editable text table

Hi Experts,

Good day!^_^

I just want to know and ask if this is possible to convert table in image format to editable table text (attaching sample tables in image format). I've found this site that can do the trick so maybe, this is also possible in AutoIt.

Sorry but I could not start one. I also, found this thread "Image to Text" posted by @NeoFoX long time ago, but still it would not do the way I wanted to happened.:sweating:

Any suggestions or link to where I can start this idea if there is/are?

Table 1a.png

Table 1.png

Attaching as well the converted table (in .docx format) from this site for reference in case.:>

Thanks in advance Experts.

KS15

Table1a.docx

Table1.docx

Edited by KickStarter15

Programming is "To make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies" or "To make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies" by C.A.R. Hoare.

I use ocr.space to get text from our dimp sheets at work. The accuracy is really good. I made a post somewhere on the forums for using an API key so you can probably find it somewhere on the forums. They offer free and paid services but you probably won't scan more than 500 items per day.

Edited by aa2zz6

Thanks, Experts^_^...

Yeah, I know that this is not possible for autoit coding.:sweating: just trying if there is someone know how.:D

I'll check with OCR engine and see what idea that I can get from there, but still if there's someone out there that has an idea or other suggestions or any opinions to share then that would be great.

For now, I think my project will be pending after all. I could not even start a single code from this. Wheeewhh!:(

Programming is "To make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies" or "To make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies" by C.A.R. Hoare.

15 hours ago, KickStarter15 said:

Thanks, Experts^_^...

Yeah, I know that this is not possible for autoit coding.:sweating: just trying if there is someone know how.:D

I'll check with OCR engine and see what idea that I can get from there, but still if there's someone out there that has an idea or other suggestions or any opinions to share then that would be great.

For now, I think my project will be pending after all. I could not even start a single code from this. Wheeewhh!:(

I do have something but it's too large to post it. If you'd like I can upload it to dropbox and invite you to that unless there is another way. Maybe you can figure out a way to make it more accurate and share with me :) 

@aa2zz6, Thanks, How about zipping the .au3 file and send it to my inbox, would that be okay? I don't have dropbox in my PC right now.:sweating:

Hi Experts,

Just an add-on suggestion, If I upload the file to this site would that be possible by using autoit? Like, I'll create a GUI that will upload and download the file from that site. Can it be done without opening the site in any browser?:sweating: hmmmp kinda weird isn't..

Hi Experts,

Any suggestions on how can I do this using autoit to upload my image file to that site? And/Or is there any other way that we can have this in autoit? huhu:'( kind of lost right now and not sure how can I do this, please need your help on this one guys.:>

KS15

@FrancescoDiMuro,

Thanks, but I'm not the admin of this computer so that application will not be installed on my PC for checking. Is there any other way on how to check on Tesseract? Please just need to start for this one. Thanks!:sweating:

@aa2zz6,

Thanks, I already tried using your suggested post but how can I add this site: "https://www.onlineocr.net/" to be working on your suggested codes        given here. :>

Also, not sure where to get the below tesseract.exe after I've downloaded tesseract in this site: " https://github.com/UB-Mannheim/tesseract ".

Const $TesseractExePath = @ScriptDir & "\tesseract-master\tesseract.exe" ; not found in my computer

Same with the below not found as well on my Computer.

Const $NconvertExePath = @ScriptDir & "\Data\nconvert.exe" ; not found in my computer.

Thanks in advance.:sweating:

I have read up on Tesseract before, but never used it myself. Tesseract will spit you text from a region you ask for.
Not only will you need Tesseract, but also logic to find cells (regions).

First, find vertical lines, which will give you your columns,
Then, find horizontal lines, which will give you your column titles.
Then, search Column one for Text, following by whitespace (hardest part, since some tables could have two rows next to each other). Easy hack = draw lines between them.
Then you can carry the Tesseract returns for each cell into excel or whatever you desire.

As for Picture 2's bottom 2 sections, I don't know how you want to handle that.

Yeah @IAMK, It's so funny that these images were presented that way.. wheeehhh,,,:sweating: I don't know how to handle this issue anymore. Well, trying to check all suggestions posted on this thread and yet no results found. Maybe I need to dig deep in google search for more information and I am still hoping that hopefully someone in this forum can help me with these problem. As they said "Patience is a virtue".^_^

On the other hand, I'm still waiting with aa2zz6's response... I think he had these ideas that I need for this concern.

14 hours ago, KickStarter15 said:

Const $NconvertExePath = @ScriptDir & "\Data\nconvert.exe" ; not found in my computer.

Thanks in advance.:sweating:

You can DL nconvert.exe here: https://www.xnview.com/en/nconvert/ .. I will also attach a folder with everything but the tesseract stuff because it's too big to attached here. You will need to place that downloaded tesseract folder in the Data folder. Follow how I have it setup in the images below. Make sure the tesseract folder name is the same as in the images below or change the path names in the autoit script. I look forward to how you tackle this problem ^^ 

img1.png.1c8b17935843935e1bcd8dafaa6ea04d.png

img2.thumb.png.2189d9c58e5820f788a8a714b0e5e528.png

ocr AutoIt projects.zip

Edited by aa2zz6

@aa2zz6, Thanks, man... Yup done with the downloading except for the "tesseract.exe" itself it was not included in the download (see attached extracted file downloaded). Can you attached the "tesseract.exe" for me in this thread? all folders and others were present already but not tesseract.exe.

Tesseract.PNG

5 hours ago, KickStarter15 said:

@aa2zz6, Thanks, man... Yup done with the downloading except for the "tesseract.exe" itself it was not included in the download (see attached extracted file downloaded). Can you attached the "tesseract.exe" for me in this thread? all folders and others were present already but not tesseract.exe.

Here you go

tesseract.exe

@aa2zz6, done with the testing but when tried, it pop-up the compatibility issue with 64bit or 32bit OS, I have 32bit on my computer. Does your the tesseract.exe attached support 32bit?

I also encountered error in missing .dll file when continuing running the code. Please can you advise on this?:'(

ErrorFound.PNG

MissingFile.PNG

P.S. I think, my tesseract has no .dll files included when downloaded.

Edited by KickStarter15