KeeForm 2.04

AutoDave

Dead on Arrival?

Looks like a deadlink, which happens with old threads, but it has no use to report that because this is not maintained by us.

Jos

FIRST AND FOREMOST... I'M NOT THE AUTHOR OF KEEFORM.

I downloaded KeeForm (and KeeformFF) on 22 Mar 2011, and a few days after that, KeeForm site went "dead". What I mean by this, is that it said, and still says "This site is down for maintenance. Please check back again soon" for almost a month. I've "taken over" the project, since it seems that dave_keepass has abandoned it.

By "taken over", I mean that you can download from my site, and I'm attempting to improve on it. See the post for more information.

The program can be downloaded from my site, at the link:

http://i-really-want-to-know.com/board2/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=219&start=0

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

FIRST AND FOREMOST... I'M NOT THE AUTHOR OF KEEFORM.

I downloaded KeeForm (and KeeformFF) on 22 Mar 2011, and a few days after that, KeeForm site went "dead". What I mean by this, is that it said, and still says "This site is down for maintenance. Please check back again soon" for almost a month. I've "taken over" the project, since it seems that dave_keepass has abandoned it.

By "taken over", I mean that you can download from my site, and I'm attempting to improve on it. See the post for more information.

The program can be downloaded from my site, at the link:

http://i-really-want-to-know.com/board2/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=219&start=0

Not so sure about this post:

1. First post user

2. posting an 403 link

coincidence?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

No so sure about this post:

1. First post user

2. posting an 403 link

coincidence?

Jos

Actually Jos, it is due to the security. I've had problems with spammers, and SOME GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATIONS, I REPEAT SOME GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATIONS are locked out. Most likely (99.9% chance), you fell within one of the geographical locations. I've changed the list as of 0949 hours ET (USA), 23 Apr 2011.

If you can't still get in, then you fall within the several geographical locations that have been locked out, or your IP address has been used by an attempted spammer. This security was implemented to protect the board and to keep the board as enjoyable as possible for others.

Because of the spammer issue, I wrote a program that allows you (meaning webmasters and board owners) to manage IPs that aren't allowed to access your board, via phpBB block list, or the ".htaccess" file. This even has a list of around 210,000+ spammer IP addresses and e-mail addresses... all the result of spammers. This is free for ANYONE'S USE, even commercial, governmental, private, etc .

Edited by lm77054

• Developers

Seems I asked a question that was a little sensitive? :>

Anyway, Doubt you find anybody in this forum willing to maintain another webserver/forum for example scripts.

Why not simply post it here when you want to share it?

Jos :unsure:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Jos:

Before I begin, please allow me to say, that NOTHING IN THIS POST is meant to be disrepectful to anyone on this board.

COMMENT/QUESTION: Seems I asked a question that was a little sensitive?

MY REPLY: No, it wasn't sensitive, at least I don't think it was. I wanted to provide an explanation to anyone that reads this thread, as to why a 403 error might come up.

COMMENT/QUESTION: Anyway, Doubt you find anybody in this forum willing to maintain another webserver/forum for example scripts.

MY REPLY: The board, has more than just "example scripts" on it. One example is the IPMGR (IP Manager) program I mentioned. Another one is RBUE, which allows you to extract RSS Feed information from a popular RSS program, and keep the information in a database. If this RSS program is used for a period of time, and depending on how the person has the cleanup functionality configured, it can become very sluggish. The RBUE program will, store the stuff into a database, and optionally, create an HTML file that you can import the links into your browser. This also, is free.

COMMENT/QUESTION: Why not simply post it here when you want to share it?

MY REPLY: In conjunction with the previous reply, there is a matter of "control" (for the lack of a better term). I'm on several sites, and several of them have their problems with the management/moderators. One board is a major retired person's board (you probably can guess the name), and the moderators have, shall we say, their heads in a certain parts of their anatomy. The will pull posts, and lie about the reasons. For instance, there was one post I made about who was required to have US Secret Service protection, per United States law. They pulled it, and said I was attacking someone? How do they get this? Don't believe me? Here is the notice:

This is just one of many, many examples on this one site. If you go to their site, and into the "Community Help" forum, and take time and look through a lot of the posts, you will see a consistant theme... the failure of the management/moderators.

Then, look at another situation, with me just being a "normal" user.

I use a advanced text editor, and there is a user forum for that. I posted questions over the course of about three weeks about scripting in their editor, since I was new to the editor, all of questions was answered by the moderator, then, for no reason given, the posts were removed. I even posted several scripts (source) for things I wrote; for instance, correcting the extended character sets (UTF8 for instance) to standard ASCII (like when you copy and paste word documents into the editor). That post was removed.

So, basically that is why I won't use another "person's" board to support something I've written, or in the case of KEEFORM, "taken over". I'M NOT SAYING ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THE MANAGEMENT/MODERATORS of this board, I'm just explaning why I won't put it here.

I hope this has answered your questions/comments.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...