How to write AutoIt with Assembly

I was just going to suggest C as a starter. In fact see modern C compilers today can create the most efficient assembler and the really is no need for assembly anymore

again as suggested above it will provide you with a great understanding of what's happening underneath if you want to go as low as assember

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

22 hours ago, Earthshine said:

no need for assembly anymore

:blink::shocked::lmao: A cursory websearch would provide plenty of evidence that this is simply untrue, see for example here, here, or here. Or here and here. I'll stop now. And don't get me started on "optimised" compilers attempting to second-guess (and completely wreck) carefully planned, intentional design that takes low-level features and architecture quirks into account.:mad2:

22 hours ago, Earthshine said:

it will provide you with a great understanding of what's happening underneath

I consider this to be terrible advice as well. C abstraction can obfuscate actual low-level implementation to the point where various types of Heisenbugs become virtually impossible to fix, and you're better off just binning your code and starting from scratch again while following a different implementation model.

More generally, if the OP wants to engage with assembly, then maybe we should be providing some forum links that address this interest, rather than suggesting completley different approaches, e.g.:

AutoIt Inline Assembly, by Ward

FASM, also by Ward

Extended FASM, by Beege

AssembleIt, by AndyG

Assember in AutoIt, by Kip

Inline Assembler Snippets, by UEZ

Some implementation examples in AutoIt are here, here, and here.

Edited by RTFC

anyway most of those jobs are embedded critical systems and manufacturing type positions. If you want a programming language that pays well in C# and python are my pics. If you really want to do register level programming and yeah there's places to work doing that depends on what you want to do

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions