AVI use splash window

billmez

Hi all,

I ran across the following user code that displays a native windows avi file in a splash window. I assume in the code this particular avi is part of shell32.dll.

I would like to use other avi's, in particular the one used with file copy, and have searched MSDN trying to find a list of AVIs that are native to the windows dlls, but couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know where I can find this info, or at least what dll contains the file copy AVI?

Thanks,

Happy Holidays!

Bill

############################################

#Include <GUIConstants.au3>

; Create a captionless, bordered, taskbarless, topmost splash window

Local $Splash = GUICreate('My Program', 120, 90, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUP, $WS_DLGFRAME), BitOR($WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, $WS_EX_TOPMOST))

; The mouse cursor within it will be the hourglass

GUISetCursor(15, 1)

; Create an etched container

GUICtrlCreateLabel('', 12, 12, 96, 66, $SS_SUNKEN)

; Display the AVI file (set the path and subfile ID appropriately)

GUICtrlCreateAVI(@SystemDir & '\Shell32.dll', 150, 20, 20, '', '', $ACS_AUTOPLAY)

; Display this window

GUISetState()

; Simulate startup work

Sleep(Random(2500, 7500, 1))

; Remove the splash window

GUIDelete($Splash)

################################################

#160 :P

Local $Splash = GUICreate('My Program', 320, 90, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUP, $WS_DLGFRAME), BitOR($WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, $WS_EX_TOPMOST))
GUISetCursor(15, 1)
GUICtrlCreateLabel('', 12, 12, 300, 66, $SS_SUNKEN)
GUICtrlCreateAVI(@SystemDir & '\Shell32.dll', 160, 15, 15, 210, 15, $ACS_AUTOPLAY)
; Display this window
GUISetState()

; Simulate startup work

GUIDelete($Splash)

Hooray! My code is propagating! :P

I recommend downloading Resource Hacker which will let you examine executables/DLLs for AVIs that are available to you. If you open Shell32.dll you will notice an AVI section in the tree -- this contains 14 subfolders. Each folder contains a separate AVI. The folder code is what you use in the GUICtrlCreateAVI() call, just after the filename.

Thanks Josbe for the folder code and LxP for the tip on resource hacker-- this is cool.

I am putting together a limited functionality FTP script to allow clients to upload images to their web sites after they are automatically processed by the script into thumbnails and full size images so they can't make any mistakes with their photo galleries (which are also automatically produced on their web site from a source folder using ASP).

Since the FTP functions don't handle callbacks, I was looking for a way to show the file upload process as active outside of writing a confirmation file by file to a read only text window. This should fit the bill nicely!

Thanks again guys. AutoIt is an awesome find and from what limited exposure I've had with the beta, the new functions like regex make it even much more powerful. This forum is great also. I'm picking up a lot of info that is helping the learning curve.

Bill

#160 :P

Local $Splash = GUICreate('My Program', 320, 90, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUP, $WS_DLGFRAME), BitOR($WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, $WS_EX_TOPMOST))
GUISetCursor(15, 1)
GUICtrlCreateLabel('', 12, 12, 300, 66, $SS_SUNKEN)
GUICtrlCreateAVI(@SystemDir & '\Shell32.dll', 160, 15, 15, 210, 15, $ACS_AUTOPLAY)
; Display this window
GUISetState()

; Simulate startup work

GUIDelete($Splash)