Error handling for IniWriteSection?

Hi,

I'm creating a tool to edit some ini files that belong to a program I'm working on...

Basically everything work fine except I can't find a way to check if the if the WriteIniSection operation was successful...

For Example, let's say the INI file is by mistake or some other reason Read Only, or the user don't have the right permission to write to the file or the folder it's in... Right now, in such a case The INI file, as expected, won't get updated, but I when I perform an if error or if not error checks I always get the msgbox for the if not error.

Here's the relevant code part:

IniWriteSection(@ScriptDir & "\Settings\Settings.ini", "Conversion", $aConversion, 1)
    IniWriteSection(@ScriptDir & "\Settings\Settings.ini", "AIO", $aAIO, 1)
    IniWriteSection(@ScriptDir & "\Settings\Settings.ini", "Data", $aData, 1)
    IniWriteSection(@ScriptDir & "\Settings\Settings.ini", "Redist", $aRedist, 1)
    IniWriteSection(@ScriptDir & "\Settings\Settings.ini", "Split", $aSplit, 1)
    IniWriteSection(@ScriptDir & "\Settings\Settings.ini", "Autorun", $aAutorun, 1)
    If Not @error Then
        MsgBox($MB_ICONINFORMATION, "Success", "Settings.ini Saved Successfully")
    Else
        If @error Then
            MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Failure", "Settings.ini Could Not Be Saved!" & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Please Check If The File Is ReadOnly And That You Have Permission To Change It Or Its Location")
        EndIf
    EndIf

How can I perform a check to see if the ini file was written to successfully?

Thanks.

Ron Vollach
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
Creator of Ultimate Conversion Compressor (UCC)
UCC Wikia

Check if the return value equals 0

Local $hIniWrite
$hIniWrite = IniWriteSection(@ScriptDir & "\Settings\Settings.ini", "Conversion", $aConversion, 1)
    If $hIniWrite = 0 Or @Error Then _IniWriteError("Conversion")
$hIniWrite = IniWriteSection(@ScriptDir & "\Settings\Settings.ini", "AIO", $aAIO, 1)
    If $hIniWrite = 0 Or @Error Then _IniWriteError("AIO")
$hIniWrite = IniWriteSection(@ScriptDir & "\Settings\Settings.ini", "Data", $aData, 1)
    If $hIniWrite = 0 Or @Error Then _IniWriteError("Data")
$hIniWrite = IniWriteSection(@ScriptDir & "\Settings\Settings.ini", "Redist", $aRedist, 1)
    If $hIniWrite = 0 Or @Error Then _IniWriteError("Redist")
$hIniWrite = IniWriteSection(@ScriptDir & "\Settings\Settings.ini", "Split", $aSplit, 1)
    If $hIniWrite = 0 Or @Error Then _IniWriteError("Split")
$hIniWrite = IniWriteSection(@ScriptDir & "\Settings\Settings.ini", "Autorun", $aAutorun, 1)
    If $hIniWrite = 0 Or @Error Then _IniWriteError("Autorun")

Func _IniWriteError($sSection = "")
    MsgBox(4096, "Error Writing " & $sSection, "Error writing to Ini File or data format is invalid")
    Exit
EndFunc

Edited by Subz
Updated Script