Learning to Script with AutoIt 3

LxP

Latest version: February 13, 2006

After seeing a few requests on the forums for help learning how to use AutoIt (and after receiving a few PMs too) I decided to start working on a document that tries to teach this. All feedback is highly encouraged.

script_with_autoit.pdf.....(Previous versions had 124 + 1037 = 1161 downloads)

If you have trouble viewing the PDF in your browser, please first download it by right-clicking the link and selecting Save Link As... or similar and then launch it separately from your browser.

wonderful to see more tutorials, as a newbie to autoit I find this information highlyu worthwhile is any one working on an advanced tutorial

Regards JohnJam

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both tutorials should be sticky so that newbies can find them. :):mellow::)

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

• Moderators

I just hope LxP has'nt given up on this

8)

No he hasn't given up, but if you heard his current schedule you'd puke. I'm surprised he finds the minutes in the day to use the facilities! :)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• 2 months later...

Awesome, I am more than willing to help you with the work on this if you need any just let me know I would be more than Happy to help

I am going to create a newbie / help guide thread with all the helpful information / ways to get help / learn.

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

This thread was getting buried way to deep again

BUMP

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Haven't enough people voted that this should be a sticky that it can be made a sticky?

It's got my vote!

To go Tony the tiger on you,

Grrrreat Job LxP

Edit:

It wouldn't happen to be available in a non-PDF document? would it

Edited by Paulie

Haven't enough people voted that this should be a sticky that it can be made a sticky?

It's got my vote!

I am not sure what the number of people needed is to create this as a sticky- but I have seen others that do not have as many votes (and one with less views). I think if it had been a sticky before - it might be completed now.

just my 2 cents

I have looked at the document and find that it does have some good information - maybe the part that is complet could be added to the help file?

2¢

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

• 1 month later...

I am not sure what the number of people needed is to create this as a sticky- but I have seen others that do not have as many votes (and one with less views). I think if it had been a sticky before - it might be completed now.

just my 2 cents

I have looked at the document and find that it does have some good information - maybe the part that is complet could be added to the help file?

why isn't this a sticky yet?

I actually had to search to find it!

This is another thing that is great to recommend to noobs, and i wish it were a sticky so I could have the link on hand should I need it

:whistle:

Edited by Paulie

• 9 months later...

Great Guide!!:whistle:

this should be stickied, it does help alot.;)

(ps. and im also putting it in the 1st page so other newbies can see it also!!):lmao:

My own pocket emo http://www.mindistortion.net/pocketemo/?da...1-7-2-0-0-1-0-0LOL[quote name='beerman' post='399180' date='Sep 6 2007, 08:45 AM']I have learned, never think inside the box. The moment you have a bright idea, and stand up to quickly exclaiming, "Eureka, I have it!". You will knock yourself out, from bashing your head on the inside of the box as you stand... So in conclusion it is always safer to think outside the box. :)[/quote]