Learning to Script with AutoIt 3

LxP

• Developers

or just add a link/item in the FAQ sticky thats already there also pointing to the other options available ?

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

or just add a link/item in the FAQ sticky thats already there also pointing to the other options available ?

Sorry. but FAQ does not click for me for tutorials. Anyway, FAQ's is getting too long :lmao: . A separate topic "Tutorials" sounds good with links to AutoIt 1-2-3 link, this topic as a link and any others that are suitable. A sticky for tutorials will help with more tutorials being created and lost ones to be added. :whistle:

Sorry. but FAQ does not click for me for tutorials. Anyway, FAQ's is getting too long :lmao: . A separate topic "Tutorials" sounds good with links to AutoIt 1-2-3 link, this topic as a link and any others that are suitable. A sticky for tutorials will help with more tutorials being created and lost ones to be added. :whistle:

I concur.

Is there a reason that its not stickied? is there too many stickies and we don't have space for any more?

• 4 weeks later...

Theres a spelling mistake in section 3.1.2 WinWait(). Its in bold below. :)

Try changing the window title in the script above to Claculator and running it. You will find that

the message box never showswhy is this?

EDIT:Just realised its meant to be that way ;) Consider this an extra bump ;)

Edited by LongBowNZ

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Developers

Maybe it needs to be picked up again and finished, then we could add it to one of the stickies to avoid having too many FAQ stickied.

(you see, I keep hoping people will change :D )

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 3 months later...

Maybe it needs to be picked up again and finished, then we could add it to one of the stickies to avoid having too many FAQ stickied.

(you see, I keep hoping people will change muttley )

Bumpidty Bump

I've picked it up, and started to rewrite sections, and add bits here and there, will post it when I finished this first version... :)

• 3 months later...

Well its time for a well needed bump I say.

Its been a few months since my last post, and well I've worked hard on and off through that time, and I've updated the tutorial.

Please keep in mind that this is just a draft. I will create a new topic to replace this one if y'all approve... :mellow:

You may download it here:

The .zip includes the tutorial, examples, exercies and much more.

So what do you think? Please tell me of any mistakes, bits that don't make sense...

Cheers,

Brett

:(

• Developers

This is really looking nice and should be a good start for those that are willing to spent some time in learning to code.

just a few remarks I encountered while browsing through the document:

page 7: deadlink: http://www.signa5.com/autoit/tutorial/installing.pdf
page 8: "To open the help file normally, press <CTRL> + <F1>." => Ctrl+F1 open the SciTE4AutoIt3 Helpfile
page 51: link missing? : "You can find it here"

:mellow:

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

This is really looking nice and should be a good start for those that are willing to spent some time in learning to code.

just a few remarks I encountered while browsing through the document:

page 7: deadlink: http://www.signa5.com/autoit/tutorial/installing.pdf
page 8: "To open the help file normally, press <CTRL> + <F1>." => Ctrl+F1 open the SciTE4AutoIt3 Helpfile
page 51: link missing? : "You can find it here"

:mellow:

Thanks.

I will fix them and update later in the week.

At some stage I will also make some video tutorials (that are of reasonable viewing quality... :)), for simple things such as using the window info tool, installing and some tips and tricks in SciTe etc... :(

Good job, BrettF

This is a very impressive rewrite of the original.

Thank you very much, i've been waiting for this for a long time.

Maybe one little remark, the original had page numbers while the new version doesn't.

For a printed out version that could be handy.

Well its time for a well needed bump I say.

Its been a few months since my last post, and well I've worked hard on and off through that time, and I've updated the tutorial.

Please keep in mind that this is just a draft. I will create a new topic to replace this one if y'all approve... :mellow: ...

Thanks for your efforts on this. Yes - a new forum topic would be fine, but please consider adding a link to that topic in the FAQ sticky...

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37289

...that way we will have one consolidated place to point people to for such info.

Edited by herewasplato

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

All, thanks for the support. :mellow:

Page numbers I can do. FAQ question I will add as well, once I create a new topic :(.

Which then brings me to my next question... Where should I create the topic? In this forum? Example Scripts... :)

Edited by BrettF

I'm thinking this should be a sticky in help and support. It will need a small bit of editing, but Brett has done a outstanding job here. My reasoning is most newbies ask this question in help and support. Seeing how this TEACHES someone how to do it, it seems to me to be the logical place.