Thank you Autoit! - ControlClick not working while window Minimized?

So i would just like to say a huge thank you to the AutoIt team, Very smart individuals, With a couple days of researching i was FINALLY able to get ControlClick to work, Im very new to scripting.. And i've learned so much from just watching videos, Google, Searching Forums, Its amazing all the talented people in this community . 

Now i have a question, ControlClick is working great, But from all the research i have done. I cannot find anything about if you can get ControlClick to work if a window is minimized or not.. So is it possible ?

7 minutes ago, appl3 said:

Now i have a question, ControlClick is working great, But from all the research i have done. I cannot find anything about if you can get ControlClick to work if a window is minimized or not.. So is it possible ?

Have you thought about coding up a test of your own to see if it works?  If you've gotten it to work for windows that aren't minimized, it doesn't seem like too big of a stretch to test it on a window that is minimized,

Edited by TheXman

2 minutes ago, TheXman said:

Have you thought about coding up a test of your own to see if it works?  If you've gotten it to work for windows that aren't minimized, it doesn't seem like too big of a stretch to test it on a window that is minimized,

I have not, I wouldn't even know where to start sadly. I was just seeing if it was possible? Seeing from you response it is possible.?

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, appl3 said:

But from all the research i have done. I cannot find anything about if you can get ControlClick to work if a window is minimized or not.. So is it possible ?

Your "reasearch" skills need some improvement, as this has been discussed literally hundreds of times on this forum. Also from the main FAQ on the Wiki:

Why doesn't my script work on a locked workstation?

On a locked station any window will never be active (active is only dialog with text "Press Ctrl+Alt+Del"). In Windows locked state applications run hidden (behind that visible dialog) and do not have focus and active status. So generally don't use Send() MouseClick() WinActivate() WinWaitActive() WinActive() etc. Instead use ControlSend() ControlSetText() ControlClick() WinWait() WinExists() WinMenuSelectItem() etc. Doing so allows you to interact with an application regardless of whether it is active or not. It's possible to run such a script from scheduler on locked Windows stations.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

11 minutes ago, appl3 said:

With a couple days of researching i was FINALLY able to get ControlClick to work,

But you stated that you were finally able to get it to work. If that's true, then minimize the window that you got it to work on and run your script on it.  ;)

7 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

Your "reasearch" skills need some improvement, as this has been discussed literally hundreds of times on this forum. Also from the main FAQ on the Wiki:

I guess it does, Lol.. Thank you sir!

5 minutes ago, TheXman said:

But you stated that you were finally able to get it to work. If that's true, then minimize the window that you got it to work on and run your script on it.  ;)

It does work, But i figured out why as soon as Jlogan posted what he did.. I have a pixel search in there, and it obviously cant search for the pixel if the window is minimized. Thank you Xman !

4 minutes ago, AutoBert said:

Maybe, it depends from the GUI you wan't to click. Quote from helpfile:

Yeah i seen that, But i didn't know in what Instances would it not work ya know?