automating the user emulation of Network Engineers’ activity to get the OTP using AutoIT script

Hi,

Is there any possibilty of automating the user emulation of Network Engineers’ activity to login thenetwork device and get the OTP using AutoIT script

Below work flow to automate Router login:

1)      Start

2)       invoked for Router login

3)      Router prompts for Login ID

4)      Router gets the login ID and prompts for Password (OTP)

5)        fetching the OTP

6)      AutoIT  Script emulates the Network Engineers’ action to fetch the OTP

7)      AutoIT script copies and pastes the OTP in a text file

8)      AutoIT script closes

9)    gets the OTP from the text file

10)    put the OTP in the Router’s Password prompt.

11)   Login success

12)   End

Please let me know if we can do the steps mentioned above using Autoit script.

Hi @MRAJ:)
The first thing I should do, is what you already did, that is the wok flow of your script.
Then, start to think on how to do every task of your script.
The Help file would be your helpful friend during the making of your script :)

I would suggest you to start from looking at these functions in the help file:
- ShellExecute()Win* functions, Control* functions, File* and/or _File* functions.
Start working with these suggestions, and let us know :)

Happy coding! :)

Best Reagrds.

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

5 hours ago, MRAJ said:

Is there any possibilty of automating the user emulation of Network Engineers’ activity to login thenetwork device and get the OTP using AutoIT script

Absolutely!  Just about anything that can be done manually on a windows PC/Server, AutoIt can automate it. The question is can YOU do it.  What I've seen in from previous posts, is that you seem to be severely lacking in intellectual curiosity and technical talent.  Being new to AutoIt (or any other language) is no excuse for yourlack of effort.

5 hours ago, MRAJ said:

Please let me know if we can do the steps mentioned above using Autoit script

Who is "we"?  Do you own work!  When/If you come to a point where you need help, post your code, clearly state what it is you are having a problem with,  and ask for help getting past whatever obstacle you may have encountered.  But don't come here asking for others to do your work for you.

3 hours ago, MRAJ said:

i raised this because I dont know how to start as i am new to autoit. If you can help me with some tips and examples. I will try my level best

44 minutes ago, MRAJ said:

If you can help me with sample or example script for how to logging to Network device. It will really help me to move to next step.

No, you have the process backwards.  You try your level best FIRST, then you ask for help when you reach an obstacle.  As I stated before, being new to AutoIt is no excuse for laziness.  The Help file is FULL of great examples, These forums are FULL of great examples.  The Internet is FULL of great examples.  Show some initiative and stop asking for others to do the work that you should be doing on your own.  If you are a kid, it still isn't okay but at least I can understand your lack of talent and experience.  If you are an adult, then you should be ashamed of your lack of motivation, lack of intellectual curiosity, and general lack of effort.

1 hour ago, MRAJ said:

If you can help me with sample or example script for how to logging to Network device. It will really help me to move to next step.

just as I thought. looking for a handout. you go from one thing to the next asking for code and doing little else. You are not that new. You can read. You can learn and you can write your own code based on samples from the help file, this forum and the Internet as stated above.

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

there is nothing to support here. you come in with a well defined list of requirements and want us to barf up code for you. 'support' would suggest we help you with something YOU WROTE that may not be working.

'support' does NOT equal Gimme Deh Codez posts.

Edited by Earthshine

I, for one, will be happy to assist you once you show us something. for instance, most Routers have an HTTP interface, so logging on might involve the use of a browser and some form of control of said browser (that decision is left to you). Can you look in the help at the IE functions and play with some of the samples to learn from and base a script off that?