Physical server for AutoIT

no cloud service can offer you a physical machine - that is a contradiction in terms. if it were a "physical" machine, it could not exist in the "cloud".

what task are you trying to perform, that makes you think a physical remote machine is necessary?

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

Just now, Spartan117 said:

AutoIt can't keep turning when we disconnect from a Virtual Machine cloud service

why is that? i'm utilizing heavily an Amazon AWS VM with several AutoIt scripts running for several hours each day, without any issue. of course i'm not connected to that VM all that time, but i do not log off of it.

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

Well I am working on Microsoft Azure and my program breaks when I disconnect from it. I Made a screen recorder and I found out that when I disconnect there is no more windows environment (no windows no buttons..) and all turns black.

But does your program works in Linux or windows? and is it to automate a software usage? 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, orbs said:

no cloud service can offer you a physical machine - that is a contradiction in terms. if it were a "physical" machine, it could not exist in the "cloud".

As someone who does work for hosting providers, I would challenge this statement. You, the customer, may not receive a physical machine but there are physical machines hosting those containers and VMs, so to say a physical machine cannot exist in the cloud is inaccurate. And as "the cloud" truly means any service or feature I can provide to you over the internet, accessible through a browser, that could include access to a physical machine; however highly inefficient that might be.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!