Using Vb Script With Autoit

I think I have seen this posted in the past, but if you collect infomation with Autoit and store the information in variable, can you then use these variables in VB Script to write the info to a table in an access database? I know the valuse can be written to the database with VB Script, but am unsure if the variables collected will be recognized in VB. :huh2::D

We have enough youth. How about a fountain of SMART?

This is a very interesting question...I write in VBscript and use compiled AutoIT to handle issues VBscript cannot.

I've called compiled AutoIT scripts and passed varibles via the $cmdline[x] feature, but I've never requested them back. I have used some compiledAutoIT scripts in a few VBscript subroutines; writing registry entries and later on in my VBscript calling the registry entries. This could save me a number lines of code in several scripts.

• 2 weeks later...

The variables in VBscript and AutoItV3 are seperate and there is no convienent mechanism to send the values from one to the other.

You could create a file (.txt or .INI) in one language and read it in the other, that could allow for the transfer. Or you could pass the values of the variable in the command line, calling the other language. I am sure there are other ways we could do this as well, but I am not sure what they would be.

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...