Getting Started

I have just installed the Auto It 3.1.1 and I don’t even know how to get started. I tried to read the Instructions, couldn’t get anywhere. :P

All I want to do is program automatic dial-up to my ISP. The procedure consists of 9 clicking steps, 7 of which are single clicks & 2 are double clicks on various points on my desktop & systray and on windows that open. There may be a small delay for windows to open before clicking on them.

Is there a simple way of going through the steps with Auto It memorizing them? If not, how do I go about it?

Sorry for the naivety of my question.

I have just installed the Auto It 3.1.1 and I dont even know how to get started. I tried to read the Instructions, couldnt get anywhere. :P

All I want to do is program automatic dial-up to my ISP. The procedure consists of 9 clicking steps, 7 of which are single clicks & 2 are double clicks on various points on my desktop & systray and on windows that open. There may be a small delay for windows to open before clicking on them.

Is there a simple way of going through the steps with Auto It memorizing them? If not, how do I go about it?

Sorry for the naivety of my question.

The place to start is the help files and doing the tutorials. Next you should try to script something and post questions about areas that you are stuck with showing code of what you have tried.

Sorry I cant be more specific.

Merry Christmas

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

use MouseClick("left",X,Y) for click a single click

use MouseClick("left",X,Y,2) for dubble click

X and Y are the X and Y you wonna the mouse to go.

use Sleep(I) for waiting

I = milisecends you want the computer to wait

use send(w) for sending string

W = string for ex' send("Hello World!")

this is the basic..

AutoIT has much more smart functions that mite help you

loop at the help file for:

winwait

winclose

run

PixelChecksum

Amir.

• Moderators

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.