EnCodeIt

SmOke_N

Are you proposing a method of calling function X such that it looks like a completely different function is being called? If so then Execute() would need to be involved and all function calls would need to be rewritten which would open a new can of worms; if not then I don't understand what you mean yet.

To be clear, are you suggesting that function definitions be further obfuscated or calls to them (which I personally consider to be obfuscated enough already)? --

; Definition
Func MyFunc()
    ···
EndFunc

; Call
MyFunc()

Edit: Keep in mind that all UDFs are renamed such that their original names are not obtainable from an obfuscated script; the only way to determine which function is being called if looking at that line only (and it's an unreliable one) is via the number of arguments being passed to it.

Edited by LxP

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Okay, OBVIOUSLY you did not read my fucking post.

Pathetic!

Suggestions/Recommendations:

POINT - MAKE THE FUNCTIONS UNREADABLE

The functions are unreadable as much as "I" can think to do them, suggestion from anyone to make it better are always welcome

Appreciation:

Okay, your welcome for being nice and loving it, but since you are so ignorant, you could not notice that.

I guess you do not notice appreciation?

I did notice the appreciation, and merely stated that your code for the GUI was not exact before you went on a tantrum... I even said go to bed so santa brings you presents (thought that was endearing :P)

Just for you too notice.....

Next time, read the post.....

Ditto!

If you took what I said out of context, then I'm sorry you mis-interpreted me, the actions after that, well... your on your own there.

You know what's sad, you've turned a truly 'want to help' script, into something that I truly wish I'd never had released publicly. Hope you don't have this affect on everyone in the future.

You win!! I'm outta here...

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Update - v1.1 - Fixed an error that FireStorm Rec'd (hopefully :P)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

It seems like things are getting blown a little out of proportion, so i just want to remind everyone of a few things.

1) dude, he liked it. Thanks (on behalf of smoke) for the praise and the ideas, feedback is always appreciated.

2) Please, if your ideas must be explained with examples of how you were able to undo things, please do not post them publicly because that obviously compromises any level of security offered by the script. Just because you can reverse it doesn't mean everyone else could. I definitely understand your position that if people are going to be using the script they should know its flaws, but i hope you can relate with my point also.

3) In order for the obfuscated script to remain runnable, the compiler will need to be able to understand the code. Because of that, regardless of how unreadable variables, function names, or plaintext are, someone with the right amount of knowledge of the language (unfortunately not a whole lot is required, but ease of use is one of autoit's major strengths), could quickly get at any values they want with properly placed eval()'s and msgbox's. Even though this first release version has been posted, Smoke_N is still actively working to find a way to convolute the convolute the code even more, and being challenged with performance losses that are atleast inversely equivelant to the level of obscurity gained. For the first version i think he performed the balancing act pretty well, with the only people posting solutions or reverses being advanced users; and he is still working to make it better.

Update - v1.1 - Fixed an error that FireStorm Rec'd (hopefully :P)

Thanks i'll test later, i'm at a friend's house.

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

• Moderators

I guess in this case, no news is good news :P

I guess in this case, no news is good news :P

SmOke_N dont regret posting this wonderful utility just because someone has decided to poke holes in the idea. You clearly stated there were holes in the idea. That isnt a problem.

I think the concept is a good one, and you put it into a very good reality. Sorry if my post was a bit un-educated, as I hadnt used your utility before making my post. LxP has shown that the variable's are irreversable, so this looks really good to me.

If/When I ever get the chance/need to use this I will post and let you know how it goes. Please do not remove it. I think it is a great utility.

Every program will have bugs. It is inevitable. That is why you have testing and what not. You have done a great job, and I am sure you have put alot of time into this program.

Keep up the good work. Keep your chin up to.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

• Moderators

Thanks ya'll... if anyone has any ideas on how to secure items more efficiently without lack of performance... Feel free to give a shout.

cameronsdad is working on a nice addon as we speak... (thought it would have been done yesterday :Nudge: :lmao:)

SUPERB effort, Ron. Love this!

Jamie.

Ahh and the gent that actually pushed me in the direction to write this program to begin with :P !! ... Glad you like it Jamie!!

Thanks ya'll... if anyone has any ideas on how to secure items more efficiently without lack of performance... Feel free to give a shout.

cameronsdad is working on a nice addon as we speak... (thought it would have been done yesterday :Nudge: ;))

Ahh and the gent that actually pushed me in the direction to write this program to begin with :lmao: !! ... Glad you like it Jamie!!

sorry, got occupied. as it is, i still haven't looked at it... hard to start something new when there are unanswered posts in the support forum... i'll blame my OCD for my inability to start new project while there are posts without replies...

***edit*** fixed typo...

Edited by cameronsdad

sorry, got occupied. as it is, i still haven't looked at it... hard to start something new when there are unanswered posts in the support forum... i'll blame my OCD for my inability to start new project while there are posts without replies...

***edit*** fixed typo...

LOL I am trying to work on that. :lmao:

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

error....

i get an error when i try to compile any code using the command "fileinstall" after the code has been obfuscated.

i have tried all 3 methods

Edited by t0ddie

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

• Moderators

error....

i get an error when i try to compile any code using the command "fileinstall" after the code has been obfuscated.

i have tried all 3 methods

Well Toddie... In the help file under FileInstall (here I'll dig it up for you):

The source file must be a string and not a variable so that the compiler can extract the filename to include.

And since ALL text is converted to a variable unless it's in a Func, it stands to reason that you would get thrown an error.

If there is a 'Demand' for it, I'll put a fail safe in... But if there's not then, I would suggest you just take out the FileInstalls() and replace them after the obfuscation (which would be a pain in the ass if they were throughout the script in seperate 'If Statements') Otherwise, you would have to send the script un-obfuscated.

Thanks for the heads up though.

encountered another error

the fileinstall suggestion worked fine and i got past the compiler error.

but i have a gui that has a button, and the label of the button is not "start" anymore, its one of your long numbered variables.

and thats all i can tell is the only problem with it but i cant go any further i get the error:

Line 0  (File "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Test\Test.exe):

Case $EBF3F1A67E96EA2085226159F9EB748A = $EAF3F1A67E96EA208226A159F9EB748A
Case $EBF3F1A67E96EA2085226159F9EB748A = ^ ERROR

Error: Variable used without being declared.

do you know what could be wrong?

$start = GUICtrlCreateButton("start", 10, 20, 50, 50)

the button should read "start" but instead it reads "2646CB83" and thats all i see because i cant do anything more because the script closes after i click ok on the error box.

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.