Issue with UIAWrappers.au3 when compiled

So, I have this odd issue happening with UIAWrappers.  When I run simplespy.au3 through SciTE, it finds the object I'm trying to work with, no problem. But, when I compile simplespy.exe, it can't find it.  Another script that utilizes UIAWrappers is experiencing the same phenomenon. EDIT: Compiling as 32-bit or 64-bit does not affect this behavior.

The trouble starts at the very first object I try to get via _UIA_getObjectByFindAll, so I included the $properties2Match array and the object properties that were returned by _UIA_getPropertyValue for that first object both when running from SciTE and when compiled.

It always finds the matches for the title and control type properties.  But when compiled, it fails to find the Automation ID property.  Any ideas as to why this would be happening?  Hoping junkew will see this and have an idea.

These are the $properties2Match

30005|Screen/PVN - ###.###.##.## - CDK Drive|0|False
30003|50032|0|False
30011|Portal|0|False

Object properties when running from SciTE:

<propertymatching>       
        j:1 propID:[30005] expValue:[Screen/PVN - ###.###.##.## - CDK Drive]actualValue:[Screen/PVN - ###.###.##.## - CDK Drive]1
        j:2 propID:[30003] expValue:[50032]actualValue:[50032]1
        j:3 propID:[30011] expValue:[Portal]actualValue:[Portal]1  :)
</propertymatching>

Object properties when script is compiled:

<propertymatching>
        j:1 propID:[30005] expValue:[Screen/PVN - ###.###.##.## - CDK Drive]actualValue:[Screen/PVN - ###.###.##.## - CDK Drive]1
        j:2 propID:[30003] expValue:[50032]actualValue:[50032]1
        j:3 propID:[30011] expValue:[Portal]actualValue:[]0  :o
</propertymatching>

Edited by drapdv
Included results of compiling as 32/64-bit application

no clue , never observed that behavior (and 99.99% of the time I do not use automationid as identifying property)

• leave the property out and if duplicates use as alternative instance:## or indexrelative construction
    if you can find it that way you could retrieve the automationid to see what the actual value is
  • check with inspect.exe to see if you have similar behavior on the object you try to recognize
  • sometimes it makes a difference in which order you start the applications

First of all, thank you for your reply, and for developing this UDF.  I literally couldn't do my job without it!

Second, I figured it out...I ran SciTE as admin, but compiled so it would run without requiring admin rights.  The (poorly obfuscated) screenshot below shows what simplespy could identify when run as admin (left) and when run with standard rights (right).  With admin rights, it cycled through 40 objects to get the one I needed.  Without admin rights, it cycled through only 16, and they were different than the first 16 found when run with admin rights.  Weird deal, but that's how it goes. 

Anyway, basic reminder to UIA people - check your 32/64-bit settings and admin privileges if things aren't behaving.

SimpleSpy - Admin vs Reg.jpg