GUICtrlCreateInput vs InputBox

bowker

Hi there! I don't know if I'm posting it in the right place, but yeah, sorry for that :D
Anyway, Does GUICtrlCreateInput() have the functionality for mandatory Input like InputBox()?  I know that in InputBox(), putting the letter M after the first character indicates that input is mandatory, so clicking the ok button will do nothing. Does GuiCtrlCreateInput() have one? or do I need to manually do it using condition and loops?

An InputBox is a standalone function, whereas GuiCtrlCreateInput requires it's own Gui, within the Gui you can define these settings for example before the user clicks submit, you can get it to check that the input has a value etc..., basic example below.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GuiEdit.au3>
Example()

Func Example()
    GUICreate(" My GUI input acceptfile", 320, 120, @DesktopWidth / 2 - 160, @DesktopHeight / 2 - 45, -1, $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES)
    Local $idInput1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 5, 205, 20)
        _GUICtrlEdit_SetCueBanner ($idInput1, "<Folder Path> *Required", True)
    Local $idBrowse = GUICtrlCreateButton("Browse...", 220, 5, 90, 20)
    Local $idInput2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 35, 300, 20)
    Local $idBtn = GUICtrlCreateButton("Ok", 40, 75, 60, 20)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

; Loop until the user exits.
    While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                ExitLoop
            Case $idBrowse
                Local $sBrowse = FileSelectFolder("Please Select Folder...", "")
                If @error Then ContinueLoop
                GUICtrlSetData($idInput1, $sBrowse)
            Case $idBtn
                If GUICtrlRead($idInput1) = "" Then ContinueLoop MsgBox(4096, "InputBox1", "Select Folder Path Required")
                If FileExists(GUICtrlRead($idInput1)) = 0 Then ContinueLoop MsgBox(4096, "InputBox1", GUICtrlRead($idInput1) & " is not a valid folder path.")
        EndSwitch
    WEnd

EndFunc   ;==>Example

• Moderators

@bowker in shorter answer to your question, No, there is no parameter you can use during initialization of the GuiCtrlCreateInput that will make it mandatory.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!