July 8, 2018: New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with the updated SciTE v4.1.0 release

Jos

• Developers

7/8/2018: Uploaded a new SciTe4AutoIt3.exe v18.708.1148.0 installer.

It has been over a year since the last update of the full SciTE4AutoIt3 installer whch mainly had to do with the fact that Neil was moving toward v4 of SciTE and I wanted to wait for a stable version.

Any help with testing this version before general release is appreciated.
Also any feedback is welcome in caseI missed something or suggestions for improvement before releasing.

==> SciTE4AutoIt3 v18.708.1148.0

Enjoy,
Jos

Addition/Changes/Fixes in the current installer:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8-7-2018
*** Merged the SciTE v 4.1.0 by Neil Hodgson with our own version of SciTE. (Jos)
    This is a major change from the previous version so ensure you update all files including LUA or else you will get errors!
    - SciLexer au3: Fixed issues with nested CommentBlocks not always showing the correct color.
    - SciLexer au3: Change any line starting with # and no recognised keyword to be shown with the Pre-Processor in stead of default.
    - Changed Shortcut for AU3INFO to Ctrl+Shift+F6.
    - Moved the session restore logic for (save.session.advanced=1)into SciTE in stead of LoadSession.lua as that was clearing the recent files list of the last session
      when opening a file by double cliking it. This is fixed with this change.
      Default remains 0 so when a file is double clicked the last session isn't restored unless you add this to SciTEuser.properties:
      "save.session.advanced=1"
    - updated Tools.lua replacing [s%] with [ /t] to avoid empty lines being stripped by those functions. (Thanks Enyby)
    *** Updated AutoIt3Wrapper v18.708.1148.0 (Jos)
    - 17.224.935.1 Added /autoit3dir to au3stripper commandline, when provided to AutoIt3Wrapper., to ensure the included files are for the correct AutoIt3 directory
    - 17.224.935.2 Added directives:
         #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_CompanyName=          ;Company field
         #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_LegalTrademarks=      ;Trademark field
    - 17.224.935.5 Fixed Versioning when files contain backets ->  ()
    - 17.224.935.6 Added support for :
         #AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3stripper_Stop_OnError=        ;(Y/N) Continue/Stop on Warnings.(Default=N)
    - 17.224.935.7 added INI support for:
          [Other]
           Au3Stripper_Stop_OnError=n
    - 17.224.935.10 Minor changes in console messages
    - 17.224.935.11 Modifications from JPM:
        - add #AutpIt3Wrapper_Res_Cursor_Add
        - "clean" a little bit AutoIt3Wrapper.au3
*** Updated Au3Stripper v18.708.1148.0 (Jos)
    - 17.224.935.1 Fixed crash when an include file contains longer record than 4096 characters.
    - 17.224.935.2 Changed /rsln to replace @ScriptLineNumber in the Master script with "XXX/YYY". XXX is the master script linenumber, YYY is the Merged script linenumber.
    - 17.224.935.3 Fixed issue detecting #cs #ce when a space was missing after the directive.
    - 17.224.935.4 Changed Close/Open logic for Tracelog to (hopefully) avoid the hardcrash.
    - 17.224.935.5 improved speed avoiding rereading include files to determine the max rec len.
    - 17.224.935.6 improved speed by re-coding the check for long records.
    - 17.224.935.7 Made sure the returncode is the highest from all iterations in stead of the last iteration.
    - 17.224.935.8 fix for reported bug: https://www.autoitscript.com/trac/autoit/ticket/3623#comment:4
    - 17.224.935.9 added support for #autoit3wrapper_autoit3dir
    - 17.224.935.10 Fixed support for #autoit3wrapper_autoit3dir when followed by linecomment
                    Stop processing when include file isn't found.
    - 18.624.1847.1 strip the leading and trailing double quotes from the autoit3dir directive to avoid an error when they are specified.
    - 18.624.1847.2 Fixed Hardcrash in the Include logic
    - 18.624.1847.3 Fixed Hardcrash in Func stripping logic by enlarging the base table size
    - 18.702.1556.1 Fixed regression bug with the Translate option.
    - 18.703.1808.2 Fixed regression bug with the Stripping FUNC logic for the first found FUNC.
    *** Updated SciTEConfig v18.708.1148.0 (Jos)
    - 17.224.935.1 No updates
*** Updated Tidy v18.708.1148.0 (Jos)
    - 17.224.935.1 Added option  to copy comments from #CS to #CE. Default is to copy the comments.
                   Added Tidy Parameters:  /Skip_CE_Comment or /scec will skip this copy action
                   Added INI option:
                     * * *  Add comment to #CE/#CommentEnd and make it the same as the #CS/CommentStart Comments.
                     ce_comment=1
    - 17.224.935.2 Fix issue with Copy comments on comment start - end
    - 17.224.935.4 Fix another issue with Copy comments on comment start - end
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

==> ScitillaHistory page containing all SciTE-Scintilla updates.
==> Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions
==> Check the online documentation for an overview of all extra's you get with this installer.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Jos pinned this topic

Hello,

On Windows 10 I have to change the FINDSTR command in the SciTEGlobal.properties file else searching within subdirectories does not return results.

E.g., I have to change: 
find.command=findstr /N /S /I /R "$(find.what)" "$(find.files)"

To:
find.command=findstr /n /s /I /C:"$(find.what)" "$(find.files)"

Is it just me?

Always carry a towel.

• Developers

The /R is to make it search for a regular expression, which allows for much more option in the search text. 
What is the search text you search for that isn't working?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

3 minutes ago, Jos said:

The /R is to make it search for a regular expression, which allows for much more option in the search text. 
What is the search text you search for that isn't working?

Jos

Aha! It's clearly an issue with use of findstr (probably not a defect in findstr either).

The text I tried to search for has a path e.g., "#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=..\Include\NewIcon.ico". If I search for "NewIcon.ico" or "\NewIcon.ico", it works fine in recursing the folders during search (with /R). But if I search for "\Include\NewIcon.ico" or "\Include\" it does not. It's the extra backslash in the string and it seems to affect findstr when using /R and not /C.

Always carry a towel.

• Developers
11 minutes ago, ModemJunki said:

"\Include\NewIcon.ico"

Try:

"\\Include\\NewIcon.ico"

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

it is up to you whether you prefer the literal string option or the regex, but I am planning to leave the current as default if that doesn't case big issuesas that gives much broader options for searching in files.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

16 minutes ago, Jos said:

it is up to you whether you prefer the literal string option or the regex, but I am planning to leave the current as default if that doesn't case big issuesas that gives much broader options for searching in files.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jos

I will leave the default as I do not have to search many times for things like the include file names or the icon directive, it was only that I have a new icon today and at the same time found the new SciTE package is available.

Using the defaults where possible will prevent me from not remembering why I changed things later. This I have learned the hard way. :P

Always carry a towel.

After i updated SciTe i got these 2 messages when i tried to run (F5) a script.

screenshot - 10072018-2258.jpg

screenshot - 10072018-2210.jpg

EDIT: Reverted to SciTE4AutoIt3 v17.224.935.0 and the problem is gone, so i assume it's something in the new version, but it might be something else, as i don't see anyone else complaining about this..

Edited by careca
Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

• Developers

Those lines weren't changed between those releases, so it seems your new version is corrupted?
Maybe an AntiVirus is interfering or something?
Could you PM me the new AutoIt3Wrapper version you have to doublecheck?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jos

Thanks for the update. :)

There is one problem: Alt+L doesn't work anymore. I have updated two AI3 dev environments on two Windows installations, one Win 7 and one win 10 and in both cases it's the same problem with Alt+L. If I press Alt+L then it opens only a very small windows but without any list, see attachment.

I updated both environments from AI3 3.3.14.2 and Scite 3.7.3 to AI3 3.3.14.5 and Scite 4.1.0.

scite_alt-l-bug.png

• Developers

Looks like this is due to a patch that was proposed around the release of the latest version.

Try changing line 24 in AutoitTools.lua back to:

self.Pattern = "()[%s][Ff][Uu][Nn][Cc][%s]+([%w%s_]*%(.-%))"

I need some more time to investigate but this should fix it for the moment.

Jos

also uploaded a fixed AutoitTools.lua to beta.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Then I don't know.
What exactly did you do? Change the line or update the file?
What is happening in your case when doing Alt+L?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Not sure what is happening for you.
Maybe we need to start with checking the Virtual store to see if there is a AutoitTools.lua  there that is screwing things up:
C:\Users\..........\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\Lua

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

17 minutes ago, Jos said:

Not sure what is happening for you.
Maybe we need to start with checking the Virtual store to see if there is a AutoitTools.lua  there that is screwing things up:
C:\Users\..........\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\Lua

Jos

I don't find a virtual store at all.

Using software "everything" I find only one copy of AutoITTools.lua on my system (Windows 10 1703 build 15063.1206).

Edited by ModemJunki
;~ need to go have lunch.

Always carry a towel.

• Jos locked and unpinned this topic