July 8, 2018: New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with the updated SciTE v4.1.0 release

Jos

I was able to fix this by completely uninstalling AutoIt and SciTE, deleting the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE folder, and then re-installing it all, and finally editing line 24 as posted.

I didn't save the old folder content so I can't tell what was in there. I know that I had v3.3.8.1, then updated to v3.3.14.5, then later installed the new editor that Jos posted here.

56 minutes ago, Earthshine said:

I also had to use the workaround to get my functions back. hmmmm, I have been using other editors so it's not that big a deal

Out of curiosity, what other editors do you use for .au3?

Edited by ModemJunki

Always carry a towel.

Sublimne Text 3 and I really love that open source SynWrite. Visual Code too but it's too bulky so mostly the others. Synwrite comes out of box able to treeview the functions.

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

Hi Jos, 

Call: we have a file that is open in scite (as none admin) launched from a file and not from scite.exe opening
 The last saved session is not overwritten until the any scite.exe instance is to be closed ()

If I don't or didn't close any instance and go start up scite.exe with out any file s parameter I will only want it to start with my last saved session
Regardless.. 
@ the impression that there is no consideration when the opening just redirects to an open instance

Thanks
Deye

Edited by Deye

• Developers

Not sure I understand, but you are aware there is an option to check whether SciTE is already started. Disable that and it will always IP een n a new instance.

Just check the help for files the  exact parameter you need to put in sciteuser.peoperties as I am on my mobile and can check. ;)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hi Jos, 

It's only weird why it isn't considered to be set as default or why no one cares to request it to be the default Behavior

it is killing me on refresh :bonk:

Maybe a small link at the OP "know how: help for scite settings" or basic known preset packages that can be shared would do it

Will try looking for any scite topic mentioning this ..

Thanks
Deye

• Developers

I do not really see why the default behavior is wrong. I actually added the option where all files are also opened that were open in the last session when you double click a file and SciTE isn't open yet.

As to all config options.... anybody interested enough in modifying stuff can open the helpfile and find the documentation. ;)   

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Thanks  Jos, 

I changed the check.if.already.open to 0 in SciTEGlobal.properties and it works for me ..
Tried it first in SciTEUser.properties but it didn't override

for me, There are always two instances one for the started scite.exe (no parameter)
and the other: stand alone double clicked files
Starting up other stand alone get added to "second instance"

When a stand alone file starts up  I'm not sure if it needs to load the last session
unless you kept last saved session for the stand alone s (second instance), it would make some kind of sense

Anyways, for me double clicked files start separate whether there is another instance of scite.exe or not, even with a valid last saved session that contains extra files ..

On the same note, If someone can tell me how to make the mouse position stay put when a syntax error occurs .. :sweating:

Thanks
Deye

Hi Jos,

As i pointed out, many times I open files for a short reviewing and then close them to realize later, when opening scite again, that my last main session is gone
It happens to me all the time (can never remember this one .. )

maybe you can add something that shouldn't bother any one:

That unless explicitly using optionally  : file > "Exit and Save Session" nothing will be ever saved when using a  regular exit or the  [x] button
And have in SciTEUser.properties: "Auto Save Session on close = 0"

"Exit and Save Session" can might as well remain as a dummy button if "Auto Save Session on close = 1" (the current default behavior)

problem solved  .. :tv_happy:

Thanks
Deye

Edited by Deye

For anyone testing .. _GetIP() with\out #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=y 
Do you get the same results ?

edit : maybe needs to be compiled .. will try later.

Deye

Edited by Deye

• 1 month later...
  • Developers

I have made a new Beta version 4.1.1 of SciTE4AutoIt3 available in the beta directory. Just download both SciTE.exe and SciLexer.dll when you like to try it.

Release 4.1.1

• Released 9 September 2018.
  • Optional indexing of line starts in UTF-8 documents by UTF-32 code points and UTF-16 code units added. This can improve performance for clients that provide UTF-32 or UTF-16 interfaces or that need to interoperate with UTF-32 or UTF-16 components.
  • Lexers added for SAS and Stata. Feature #1185.
  • Shell folder folds "if", "do", and "case". Feature #1144.
  • SciTE's menukey feature implemented on Windows.
  • For SciTE on Windows, user defined strip lists are now scrollable. Cursor no longer flickers in edit and combo boxes. Focus in and out events occur for combo boxes.
  • Fix a leak in the bidirectional code on Win32.
  • Fix crash on Win32 when switching technology to default after setting bidirectional mode.
  • Fix margin cursor on Cocoa to point more accurately.
  • Fix SciTE crash on GTK+ when using director interface.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Thanks.
I just start to use them.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• Developers

I just merged the source from the official SciTE with our SciTE4AutoIt3 SVN, so need to check.
it is actually a little different:

1. Press F5 -> Script start
  2. Press F5 -> First script in the queue starts again
  3. Script of First run ends -> start Second script

Tested the above with 2 different scripts to see this happening.

Jos 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

The new behavior is part of the official 4.1.1 release so will report it there.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Is this behavior configurable? Also notice that if the first script uses _Singleton, that the behavior is different than you describe --

1. Press F5 -> _Singleton Script start
  2. Press F5 -> First script in the queue starts again, but ends due to _Singleton check
  3. Press F5 -> Second script starts
  4. Output from both scripts still appears in the console

• Developers

Don't like this new behavior and just posted a question in the SciTE Google group whether this is intentional new behavior.
Will see what the answer is.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

The menukey  feature will be reverted in 4.1.2 as there are several issues with it including the issues with shelling commands for a second time.
That should be available soon for me to merge into our version.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

SciTE v 4.1.2 now available in Beta and fixes the multiple start of a function (Run/Compile etc)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

On 7/8/2018 at 6:09 AM, Jos said:

7/8/2018: Uploaded a new SciTe4AutoIt3.exe v18.708.1148.0

I have a request: to add ["Language Neutral", "0000"]. I've done it in prior versions but I don't find a way to code it on this version.
@Jos, would you show me how ?

Thanks

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

• Jos locked and unpinned this topic