July 8, 2018: New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with the updated SciTE v4.1.0 release

Jos

Hi, I have recently updated my AutoIt3(3.3.14.5) and SciTE4AutoIt3(18.708.1148.0) installs from the main AutoIt downloads page.

Windows XP SvsPck3 x86(32bit).

After numerous re-downloads and re-installs of both, SciTE4AutoIt3 (SciTE.exe) fails with "Not a valid Win32 Application". I have also tried the portable version with the same results. Also both installs AutoIt3(3.3.14.5) and SciTE4AutoIt3(18.708.1148.0) appear to be missing the Tidy.ini with errors in the SciTE4AutoIt3 install log. I have tried replacing the SciTE4AutoIt3 (SciTE.exe) with different SciTE4AutoIt3 (SciTE.exe) versions to try and get up and running again and am currently using the latest version of wscite412 executable with many issues, but at least I can keep coding.

Can you/anyone direct me to a SciTE4AutoIt3 version that will work under Windows XP that will be somewhat compatible with AutoIt3(3.3.14.5)? Or a Scite executable I can drop in to keep going.

P.S I recreated the Tidy.ini from the help file and TidyV2_Example.ini

Thank you for any help you can offer.

"Writing code to carry out an intended set of tasks is relatively easy.
Writing code to carry out ONLY an intended set of tasks, well that can be a little more challenging."

Alex Maddern

5 hours ago, argumentum said:

Thanks for that. I have been using that version for the last few hours and it has fixed some issues. I still cant get Tidy to function.

6 hours ago, Spinwiz said:

Also both installs AutoIt3(3.3.14.5) and SciTE4AutoIt3(18.708.1148.0) appear to be missing the Tidy.ini with errors in the SciTE4AutoIt3 install log.

>

P.S I recreated the Tidy.ini from the help file and TidyV2_Example.ini

I have tried different settings and locations of the Tidy.ini

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\AutoIt v3\SciTE\Tidy

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\Tidy

Any Ideas on getting it working? Can I create a shortcut to Tidy.exe in my project folder and drop my *.au3 directly onto the Tidy.exe?

Ignore the above question. It looks like Tidy.exe has the same issues as the latest Scite4AutoIt "Not a valid Win32 Application".

It appears that the latest version of Scite4AutoIt is broken under Windows XP.

Where should I place a bug report, And where can I find a working version later than V15.729.1555.0?

Edited by Spinwiz

Writing code to carry out ONLY an intended set of tasks, well that can be a little more challenging."

Alex Maddern

• Developers

There is no bug here, merely the fact that I am not testing nor supporting WinXP anymore with the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer and its utilities.
Just keep on using the old versions when you insist on using WinXP on a development machine. :) 

Here is an archive of older releases of the installer: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/archive/

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thanks Jos, It may be worthwhile Getting the guys to change the downloads page to reflect that XP is no longer supported and maybe a "System Requirements" for the SciTE4AutoIt3 Downloads. Will save others the headaches I'm going through at the moment.

For others:

Windows XP SvcPkc3 32bit(x86)

autoit-v3-setup V3.3.14.5 (Works on XP)

Scite4AutoIt3 17.224.935.0 (Wors on XP)

Alex Maddern

• Developers

@Spinwiz, 

I guess it is actually pretty simple to still support WinXP as it is just Tidy and Au3Stripper having this issue because PellesC 9 isn't compatible with WinXP.
I can easily keep on compiling them with PellesC 6 as I still have that as well.

Will fix this in the next version coming out soon so you can test it them when you wish. :)  (Or try the current Beta recompiled versions)

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Thanks Jos, I know XP is dead for most peoples, but I still write for NT6 + Boot disks + ReactOS etc.

Its ok if you don't support XP, The earlier version is working fine so I don't expect you do extra work just for a few of us :). It Just threw me off when the download pages state support for XP, so I went around in circles looking for why and what I was doing wrong lol. I had considered that you may have been compiling with VS2017 which no longer supports XP. Just the same thank for the help.

I'm making an effort to create some contributions to the AutoIt community so I should be around frequently.

P.S. How do you find Pelles compared to GCC Mingw?

Alex Maddern

• Developers
1 hour ago, Spinwiz said:

VS2017 which no longer supports XP.

It actually does as long as you use toolset:  "Visual Studio 2017 - Windows XP (v141_xp)" as far as I know. :)

1 hour ago, Spinwiz said:

P.S. How do you find Pelles compared to GCC Mingw?

Only have used PellesC so can't compare with GCCMingw.
I am using Visual Studio mostly for C++ development, but still have Tidy and AU3Stripper coded in BCX (long story) , which uses PellesC as the compiler.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Thanks, No bigee, I'm C fanatic. I only use GCC and avoid VS like the plague lol... later

Alex Maddern

• Jos locked this topic
  • Jos unpinned this topic