Fiesto

Send/Post the same key that is held down - (Locked)

Fiesto

I'm new to autoit and need a little direction/help. 
For a game, I do not like pressing "Q" over and over again.  I would rather just hold the Q down and release when I am done.

Is it possible to distinguish between when I physically press the Q up/down on my keyboard AND when a Q up/down is sent/posted through autoit to a window?

Thanks for the help

NOTE:  I realize that I could pick a different key, but I'm asking about the same key.

FrancescoDiMuro
17 minutes ago, Fiesto said:

For a game

Game automation is not allowed here.
Maybe you missed to read Forum Rules and Forum Etiquette.
Look in my signature.

Best Regards.

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

I will always thank you for the time you spent for me.
I'm here to ask, and from your response, I'd like to learn.
By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

In case I am violating some pseudo Forum rule, or I am doing something wrong, I want let you know that I'm not doing this on purpose, and for this, I kindly ask you to send me a private message about the "bad content" I posted, in order to edit/remove it, and to not be warned wrongly.
Thanks in advance.

Jos

Welcome to the AutoIt forum.

Unfortunately you appear to have missed the Forum rules on your way in. Please read them now - particularly the bit about not discussing game automation - and then you will understand why you will get no help and this thread will now be locked.

See you soon with a legitimate question I hope.

The Moderation team

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)