AutoIt Package/Module Manager

Hello everyone,

I'm in a research of/for a package manager for autoit, as posted in the German AutoIt forum.

What i have in mind:

A simple package/udf manager like Composer (from PHP) or something similar. Controllable over a simple cli tool (ide integration possible) to add/install udfs.

Another approach is a preprocessor directive, here a little example:

; default includes
#Include <Array.au3>

; single include for all external udfs
; this file will be auto generated
#Include "vendor/autoload.au3"

; to use an udf simply add:
#uses "AspirinJunkie.JSON"

I hope you understand this.

Greez

Churanos,
Welcome to the autoit forum

Good Idea ..

perhaps make a function that can be based in all your scripts (to be used at-least once) that can pull files from (Package-DIr) to @scriptDir and vice versa if not already in Package-Dir ..

many times I go back to downloading (for Instance) some unreserved UDF and then go again through a process of updating it so it becomes usable, not knowing where I had placed the one I got before ..

Deye

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I played a while with that stuff and after using some udfs, I think its properbly the best way to use the 

#uses

clause.

I don't think any autoit users would use a command line interface just to add an udf. IHMO  there should be a script, in my case: "<ProjectDir>\.udfm\_autoload.au3", that determines all #uses clauses and triggers the addition of these udfs.

In my test scripts I currently checking if @ScriptName is "_autload.au3" and, if so, I start to download these udfs from my server ( some packaging is required, it just loads some zip files, based on the name).

I'm using ISN AutoIt Studio, so in my packages I attach the api files for intellisense.

What do you think about this approach?