Alphabet - (Moved)

Hello! I need a help with my script please.Here is a script of my button!

Case $msg = $Button_1
Run('notepad.exe')
Sleep(5000)

For $d = 1 To 5
$sTextToSend = $d & ","
$sTextToSend2 = $d & sleep(1000)

If $d = 10 Then $sTextToSend = $d

Send($sTextToSend)

Next

As you can see,this script opens notepad and types digits from 1 to 5 followed by the komma.I need all to be the same but to do same action using not a digits,but letters?And if it is possible not just from A to Z ,but lets say  A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z, NEXT if it is possible same script to continue doing this action like  AA,AB,AC,AD,AE,AF,AG,AH,AI,AJ,AK,AL,AM,AN,AO,AP,AQ,AR,AS,AT,AU,AV,AW,AX,AY,AZ,  AND keep going to as many letters could possibly be.Thank you.

• Developers

Moved to the appropriate forum, as the Developer General Discussion forum very clearly states:

General development and scripting discussions. If it's super geeky and you don't know where to put it - it's probably here.

Do not create AutoIt-related topics here, use the AutoIt General Help and Support or AutoIt Technical Discussion forums.

Moderation Team

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Jos ,Thank you for reply to me.The purpose of my script is to make some nice picture scripts lets say big collored smiles in mirc (or any different irc network) ,and build some bug archive of keywords,litle siple script but i cannot figure out how to use it with letters.

• Developers

...  and you think this will make it clearer for me? 
How does this align with the first post?

So, let's try again and this time try to make some sense for an old fart like me that doesn't have the faintest clue what you are on about.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Jos ,is it any way to send text to notepad  same as i did with numbers 1 to 5  but with letters a b c...?Lets say i can do it like !!

Send("A")

Send("B")

Send("C")

Send("D").....................all alphabet to Z

and

Send("AA")

Send("AB")

Send("AC")

Rhat exactly what i need to do,but its will take a very long time,i need a shorter way to do it like it is done here with numbers 

Case $msg = $Button_1
Run('notepad.exe')
Sleep(5000)

For $d = 1 To 5
$sTextToSend = $d & ","

Send($sTextToSend)

Next

• Developers

I fully understood that from the first post, but fail to see a purpose for this other that brute-forcing something, so what are you trying to accomplish here?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

1 hour ago, dimez2018 said:

For $d = 1 To 5
$sTextToSend = $d & ","

Send($sTextToSend)

Next

In what World, a variable used as counter in a For...Next loop which goes from 1 to 5, could become 10?!

1 hour ago, dimez2018 said:

I need all to be the same but to do same action using not a digits,but letters?And if it is possible not just from A to Z ,but lets say  A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z, NEXT if it is possible same script to continue doing this action like  AA,AB,AC,AD,AE,AF,AG,AH,AI,AJ,AK,AL,AM,AN,AO,AP,AQ,AR,AS,AT,AU,AV,AW,AX,AY,AZ,  AND keep going to as many letters could possibly be.

You can go as far as you want, but I really don't understand the purpose of this.

By the way, I suggest you to take a look at the function Chr() in the Help file, and, just to make things clearer, take a look at the For...Next loop too.

Best Regards.

Edited by FrancescoDiMuro

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

Jos ok lets make it easyer ,

For $d = 1 To 5
$sTextToSend = $d & ","

Send($sTextToSend)

Next

i removed line number 3 i do not need it ,can we change this code to a letters?Lets say where do i have to add  $Alphabet "a,b,c....." 

5 minutes ago, dimez2018 said:

i was trying to change    For $d = 1 To 5     line to   For $d = a To b it is not working

This doesn't make sense again.

For...Next loops don't go from A to B... They're not segments... They're not cars...

Loops can go from variable $intA to variable $intB, which are always numbers ( either in the For...In...Next loop ).

I really suggest you to learn first how For...Next loop works, and then come here with a logic question, since I have already provided you what you need to learn and understand what you're doing, in order to do what you asked.

Best Regards.

Edited by FrancescoDiMuro

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

ok ,so it is looks like you keeping a secret,ok i will learn my self if it is so expensive to peace with some one like me,just want to save some time,thank you any way,and number 10 it is just my mistake,i was changing so many numbers just forgot about 10

No secrets here, and I am helping you replying to your questions, but I like more the philosofy "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime".

And, since you had to say those things, and you are saying that I'm not helping, I'll give you one more help:

The function Chr() returns the corresponding character of the number provided in the function as ASCII code.

You should know that even alphabet letters could be represented as ASCII codes... And, the letter "A" ( uppercase ) corresponds to the number 65 in the ASCII Table.

So, know you just have to put the right pieces of the puzzle to make your script work as you want.

And, since it seems that you didn't read the Forum Etiquette ( look down in the signature ), it is clearly stated that:

Usually asking for a script is not taken too well, within reason. Keep in mind that this is a support forum, so please acknowledge that. We are here to help you with your scripts, not to spoon-feed code to you.

Best Regards.

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

• Moderators

FrancescoDiMuro,

Helping when a Mod is trying to determine the legitimacy of a thread is not a good idea - I warned everyone about it here:

Have a couple of days to think about what you will do next time - although there had best not be a next time, clear?

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

dimez2018,

to be straight with you,i allredy did that all i need using Send("something")

You are being far from straight and I do not like the sound of what you are doing, so thread locked.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area