Autoit showing illegal character for whitespaces

• Developers
56 minutes ago, ajag said:

Sometimes closing and reopening SciTE helps...

Uh ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

53 minutes ago, Jos said:

Uh ?

Jos,

yes, I had the experience that sometimes after editing I get a syntax error where I could not find any.  After saving all files, restart SciTE and open all files again the error has gone.
But: This happened very very rarely - I think after 12 years of programming in AutoIt and using SciTE I had this issue 5 times.

Rule #1: Always do a backup         Rule #2: Always do a backup (backup of rule #1)

• Developers

Sorry I guess I wasn't questioning your observation but rather don't understand what would change by closing and opening SciTE as that doesn't do anything.
A file/save command is performed each time you do a Run/Compile/Au3check/Au3stripper, so there is nothing more SciTE does when it Closes/Opens.

so "terrestrial rays"maybe ?  :)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

45 minutes ago, Jos said:

so "terrestrial rays"maybe ? 

LOL
I will investigate more next time. Maybe I did some more things like copy the code to NP++ and back to SciTE to remove all "nonprintable" characters or so. Can't remember.

Edited by ajag

Rule #1: Always do a backup         Rule #2: Always do a backup (backup of rule #1)

Please don't post screenshots of your code, that's not helpful at all. Post the actual code instead.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

this is the problem when you copy code without using the popout.  You can either copy that stuff into notepad then copy it back out, or copy it from the forum as you have been and use your right click to paste plain text.  Either way you remove the html artifacts.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)