GUIRegisterMsg20 - Subclassing Made Easy

LarsJ

Looking interesting (as always for all project from you).
I will analyze this later after my vacation.

Thanks.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

I was just reading your  Windows Message Monitor and then I check whats new on the forum, so I jump to this thread,  quick look, thinking, posting :)

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Added new treeview example. See first post.

Minor WMM updates. See WMM thread.

Updated zip-file in bottom of first post.

@LarsJ ,

I have been busy due to some job related reasons and hence, I didn’t do any programming for some time. Have seen your post in a this forum. Thank you for this UDF. I was using the SetWindowSubclass for such requirements, because the GUIRegMsg had some shortcomings which you mentioned in this post. I will sure leave a comment after testing your UDF.

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

@LarsJ,

WinMsgMon is really Powerful. Thank you for this script. In fact I've had a need for such a script. I often use the program named Control Spy to find out which messages are coming to a control. Messages and notification codes of All common Windows controls, will be displayed in that program. But there is no number for that messages. Lot of messages appear in a list box within a second. We do not know which is the first one or the last one. But your WinMsgMon has filled that shortcoming. I like it. Thanks. :)

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

@LarsJ ,

Checked GUIRegisterMsg20() just now. Fantastic !. With this function, AutoIt is now become somewhat like an event driven programming language. Really ! Please tell me what is the reason behind this name "GUIRegisterMsg20(). If i were you, then i will name it something like "RegisterMsgEx". :)

Spoiler

My Contributions

The name should be interpreted as GUIRegisterMsg() version 2.0. The purpose of GUIRegisterMsg20() is the same as GUIRegisterMsg(). It's used for the same thing, it's used in the same way, and the message handler function is the same. The version 2.0 hint shows that the function can do a little bit more than the original function: It can subclass a control and not just a GUI window.

Cool stuff LarsJ.  

On 8/17/2018 at 12:48 AM, LarsJ said:

The purpose of GUIRegisterMsg20() is the same as GUIRegisterMsg().

The version 2.0 hint shows that the function can do a little bit more than the original function...

doesn't RegisterMsgEx() do this as well, as kcvinu suggested? 

Added new example that shows how to end up performing too much code.

"Message flow" section is updated.

New zip-file in bottom of first post.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am trying to use this to subclass the SHBrowseForFolderW (add checkboxes, and other stuff).

#include <TreeViewConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPIDlg.au3>
#include <GUIRegisterMsg20.au3>

$sInitDir = @ProgramFilesDir
$sRoot = _WinAPI_PathStripToRoot($sInitDir)

Global $hTV

$hBrowseProc = DllCallbackRegister('_BrowseProc', 'int', 'hwnd;uint;lparam;ptr')
$pBrowseProc = DllCallbackGetPtr($hBrowseProc)

$pText = _WinAPI_CreateString($sInitDir)
$sPath = _WinAPI_BrowseForFolderDlg($sRoot, 'Select a folder from the list below.', BitOR($BIF_RETURNONLYFSDIRS, $BIF_BROWSEINCLUDEFILES, $BIF_VALIDATE, $BIF_USENEWUI), $pBrowseProc, $pText)
_WinAPI_FreeMemory($pText)

If $sPath Then
    ConsoleWrite('--------------------------------------------------' & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite($sPath & @CRLF)
EndIf

DllCallbackFree($hBrowseProc)

Func _BrowseProc($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
    Local $sPath

Switch $iMsg
        Case $BFFM_INITIALIZED
            $hTV = ControlGetHandle($hWnd, '', 'SysTreeView321')

_WinAPI_SetWindowLong($hTV, $GWL_STYLE, BitOR(_WinAPI_GetWindowLong($hTV, $GWL_STYLE), $TVS_CHECKBOXES))
            _WinAPI_SetWindowText($hWnd, 'MyTitle')
            _SendMessage($hWnd, $BFFM_SETSELECTIONW, 1, $lParam)

;GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, 'WM_NOTIFY')
            GUIRegisterMsg20($hTV, $WM_NOTIFY, WM_NOTIFY)
        Case $BFFM_SELCHANGED
            $sPath = _WinAPI_ShellGetPathFromIDList($wParam)

If Not @error Then
                ConsoleWrite($sPath & @CRLF)
            EndIf
    EndSwitch

Return 0
EndFunc   ;==>_BrowseProc

Func WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
    #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $lParam
    Local $hWndFrom, $iIDFrom, $iCode, $tNMHDR

$tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $lParam)
    $hWndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hWndFrom"))
    $iIDFrom = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "IDFrom")
    $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code")

Switch $hWndFrom
        Case $hTV
            Switch $iCode
                Case $NM_CLICK ; The user has clicked the left mouse button within the control
                    ConsoleWrite('Clicked' & @CRLF)
                    ; Return 1 ; nonzero to not allow the default processing
                    Return 0 ; zero to allow the default processing
                Case Else
                    ConsoleWrite(1 & @CRLF)
            EndSwitch
    EndSwitch

Return 'GUI_RUNDEFMSG'
EndFunc

But no success, any ideas?

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

Why? it's working fine on my Win10.

18 minutes ago, LarsJ said:

you should use New style FileSelectFolder.

It seems that it's much more complicated to do what i want with this method.

The question is why the subclassing does not work with BrowseForFolderDlg?

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

Because WM_NOTIFY messages are sent to the parent window. So use

GUIRegisterMsg20(_WinAPI_GetParent($hTV), $WM_NOTIFY, WM_NOTIFY)

1 hour ago, LarsJ said:

Because WM_NOTIFY messages are sent to the parent window. So use

Thanks, now it works!

Strange, but i though that $hWnd passed to _BrowseProc it's the parent, apparently not.

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

UI Automation code can reveal the structure of the controls in the window:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=y

Opt( "MustDeclareVars", 1 )

#include "UIA_Constants.au3"

; Array index offset relative to UIA_ControlTypeIds = -50000
Global Const $aUIControls = [ _
  "Button",       "Calendar",     "CheckBox",     "ComboBox",     "Edit",         "Hyperlink",    "Image",        "ListItem",     "List", _
  "Menu",         "MenuBar",      "MenuItem",     "ProgressBar",  "RadioButton",  "ScrollBar",    "Slider",       "Spinner",      "StatusBar", _
  "Tab",          "TabItem",      "Text",         "ToolBar",      "ToolTip",      "Tree",         "TreeItem",     "Custom",       "Group", _
  "Thumb",        "DataGrid",     "DataItem",     "Document",     "SplitButton",  "Window",       "Pane",         "Header",       "HeaderItem", _
  "Table",        "TitleBar",     "Separator",    "SemanticZoom", "AppBar" ]

Global $oUIAutomation

Example()

Func Example()
  ; Create UI Automation object
  $oUIAutomation = ObjCreateInterface( $sCLSID_CUIAutomation, $sIID_IUIAutomation, $dtag_IUIAutomation )
  If Not IsObj( $oUIAutomation ) Then Return ConsoleWrite( "$oUIAutomation ERR" & @CRLF )
  ConsoleWrite( "$oUIAutomation OK" & @CRLF )

; Get Desktop element
  Local $pDesktop, $oDesktop
  $oUIAutomation.GetRootElement( $pDesktop )
  $oDesktop = ObjCreateInterface( $pDesktop, $sIID_IUIAutomationElement, $dtag_IUIAutomationElement )
  If Not IsObj( $oDesktop ) Then Return ConsoleWrite( "$oDesktop ERR" & @CRLF )
  ConsoleWrite( "$oDesktop OK" & @CRLF )

Local $pCondition0, $pCondition1, $pAndCondition1
  $oUIAutomation.CreatePropertyCondition( $UIA_ClassNamePropertyId, "#32770", $pCondition0 )
  $oUIAutomation.CreatePropertyCondition( $UIA_NamePropertyId, "MyTitle", $pCondition1 )
  $oUIAutomation.CreateAndCondition( $pCondition0, $pCondition1, $pAndCondition1 )
  If Not $pAndCondition1 Then Return ConsoleWrite( "$pAndCondition1 ERR" & @CRLF )
  ConsoleWrite( "$pAndCondition1 OK" & @CRLF )

Local $pWindow1, $oWindow1
  $oDesktop.FindFirst( $TreeScope_Children, $pAndCondition1, $pWindow1 )
  $oWindow1 = ObjCreateInterface( $pWindow1, $sIID_IUIAutomationElement, $dtag_IUIAutomationElement )
  If Not IsObj( $oWindow1 ) Then Return ConsoleWrite( "$oWindow1 ERR" & @CRLF )
  ConsoleWrite( "$oWindow1 OK" & @CRLF & @CRLF )

; List all automation elements of a window
  ; in a hierarchical structure like a treeview.
  Local $iControl, $sElement
  $oWindow1.GetCurrentPropertyValue( $UIA_ControlTypePropertyId, $iControl )
  $oWindow1.GetCurrentPropertyValue( $UIA_NamePropertyId, $sElement )
  ConsoleWrite( $aUIControls[$iControl-50000] & ( $sElement ? ": " & $sElement : "" ) & @CRLF )
  ListDescendants( $oWindow1 )
  ;ListDescendants( $oWindow1, 2 ) ; Only two levels
EndFunc

; List all child elements of parent
Func ListDescendants( $oParent, $iLevels = 0, $iLevel = 0 )
  If Not IsObj( $oParent ) Then Return
  If $iLevels And $iLevel = $iLevels Then Return

; Create RawViewWalker object
  Local $pRawViewWalker, $oRawViewWalker
  $oUIAutomation.RawViewWalker( $pRawViewWalker )
  $oRawViewWalker = ObjCreateInterface( $pRawViewWalker, $sIID_IUIAutomationTreeWalker, $dtag_IUIAutomationTreeWalker )
  If Not IsObj( $oRawViewWalker ) Then Return ConsoleWrite( "$oRawViewWalker ERR" & @CRLF )

; Get first child element
  Local $pUIElement, $oUIElement
  $oRawViewWalker.GetFirstChildElement( $oParent, $pUIElement )
  $oUIElement = ObjCreateInterface( $pUIElement, $sIID_IUIAutomationElement, $dtag_IUIAutomationElement )

Local $sIndent = ""
  For $i = 0 To $iLevel
    $sIndent &= "    "
  Next

Local $iControl, $sElement
  While IsObj( $oUIElement )
    $oUIElement.GetCurrentPropertyValue( $UIA_ControlTypePropertyId, $iControl )
    $oUIElement.GetCurrentPropertyValue( $UIA_NamePropertyId, $sElement )
    ConsoleWrite( $sIndent & $aUIControls[$iControl-50000] & ( $sElement ? ": " & $sElement : "" ) & @CRLF )

ListDescendants( $oUIElement, $iLevels, $iLevel + 1 )

$oRawViewWalker.GetNextSiblingElement( $oUIElement, $pUIElement )
    $oUIElement = ObjCreateInterface( $pUIElement, $sIID_IUIAutomationElement, $dtag_IUIAutomationElement )
  WEnd
EndFunc
$oUIAutomation OK
$oDesktop OK
$pAndCondition1 OK
$oWindow1 OK

Window: MyTitle
    Text: Select a folder from the list below.
    Pane: Select a folder from the list below.
        Tree: Select a folder from the list below.
            ScrollBar: Vertical
                Button: Line up
                Thumb: Position
                Button: Page down
                Button: Line down
            TreeItem: System (C:)
                TreeItem: $Recycle.Bin
                TreeItem: Documents and Settings
                TreeItem: Intel
                TreeItem: MSOCache
                TreeItem: PerfLogs
                TreeItem: Program Files
                TreeItem: Program Files (x86)
                TreeItem: ProgramData
                TreeItem: Recovery
                TreeItem: System
                TreeItem: System Volume Information
                TreeItem: Users
                TreeItem: Windows
                TreeItem: hiberfil.sys
                TreeItem: Install.log
                TreeItem: pagefile.sys
                TreeItem: SYSTAG.BIN
    Text: Folder:
    Edit: Folder:
    Button: Make New Folder
    Button: OK
    Button: Cancel
    Thumb
    TitleBar
        Button: Close

The control, which in UI Automation code is registered as a pane control, is the parent of the tree view.

The code is copied from this post but is slightly updated to show the top window as the first level.

UIA_Constants.au3 can be copied from UI Automation UDFs.

Edited by LarsJ

Couple Questions 

First

Why is it limited to windows messages 0- WM_USER (32767)

is that a design decision or a hard limit?

Second

have you done any performance testing to see how much extra overhead (if any) with filtering the message loop in AutoIt script versus versus the interpreter?