AutoIT Wrapper error

Hi,

I I just went ahead and installed AutoIT latest version and no longer able to use CTRL+5 or Compile option. Getting the attached error.

I tried multiple re-installs but it's happening the same coming from the C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3.

Any idea if this is due to the new version or I missed any files?

Wrapper error 1.jpg

Wrapper error 2.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Developers
34 minutes ago, FrancescoDiMuro said:

@DigDeep
I always used Ctrl + F7 or F7 to Compile/Build the script executable.

I think you could open a ticket :)

Why open a ticket, do you also get this error and can you confirm the bug? 

1 hour ago, DigDeep said:

I I just went ahead and installed AutoIT latest version and no longer able to use CTRL+5 or Compile option. Getting the attached error.

Did you update both AutoIt3 and SciTE4AutoIt3?
I assume you mean to say you use Ctrl+F5 from within SciTE

It's all working fine for me, so show me the all output shown in the SciTE output pane when you do Ctrl+F5.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@Jos, I just created a sample Test Au3 with a simple MsgBox which throw the same error.

Adding here that when I re-installed AutoIT, I also updated using the SciTE4AutoIt3.exe (18.708.1148.0) and autoit-v3-setup.exe (3.3.14.5)

Sample Error.jpg

Edited by DigDeep

• Developers

I like to see the output in the SciTE output pane, not a msgbox!
This is the bottom window which is toggled by F8.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

The option is available under View/Output (F8).
Which SciTE version are you running? (Help/About)
.. .  and you didn't answer the question whether you are running the latest version of SciTE4AutoIt3 ? (Did you also install that separate installer recently?)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

1. Yes I see the F8 option Checked under View/Output

2. SciTE version 4.1.0

3. SciTE4AutoIt3.exe (18.708.1148.0)

I did not installed anything additional apart from what I always install from the AutoIT Downloads page.

Packages installed from https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/downloads/

• autoit-v3-setup.exe - 3.3.14.5
  • From download Editor:
    • SciTE4AutoIt3.exe - 18.708.1148.0
    • Tidy - 18.708.1148.0

• Developers

Ok, so now it need that SciTE output pane information when you do Ctrl+F5.

Should show something like:Knipsel.thumb.PNG.ca2d0735611e7100f2a78ce2886c28b4.PNG

Just Cut&Paste the text in a reply.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@Jos, here's the output from CTRL+5.

To let you know, the \USERNAME\ = my machine Username. That's PII so have changed here.

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /Prod /AU3check /in "C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\test.au3"
+>17:51:52 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.18.708.1148.0 SciTE v.4.1.0.0   Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0409)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE

• Developers

Ok, that looks normal.

The first error makes no sense to me yet as  _WinAPI_GetTempFileName() is part of WinApiFiles.au3 which is included via the WinAPi.au3, so could you check whether your see that too in your setup by checking these include files?
The second error makes sense because the script fails before that variable is declared.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

... yes ....and does all look good? 
Try this for me please:

• Open "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3".
  • Scroll down to line 1349 and put you cursor on _WinAPI_GetTempFileName
  • Hit Ctrl+J       (This should open WinApiFiles.au3 and jump to the func. Check the directory)
  • Scroll to line 42 containing #Include <WinAPi.au3> and put the cursor on #Include
  • Hit Alt + I   (This should open WinApi.au3 .... check from which directory)

Jos 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Remember i had the exact same error a while back? we even discussed it in PM.

My guess is everything is going to be fine in the files, as mines were.

Edited by careca
Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

1. Scroll down to line 1349 and put you cursor on _WinAPI_GetTempFileName

Hit Ctrl+J       (This should open WinApiFiles.au3 and jump to the func. Check the directory)

Result: Unable to find function definition: If

I think that's not the _WinAPI_GetTempFileName func. On my machine it shows at line 1368. I tried to go to the line 1368 > kept the cursor on the Func and hit CTRL+J. It said "Unable to find function definition: _WinAPI_GetTempFileName". I did F1 to open the Help file > It opens but does not take me directly to the Func. Help file shows Blank page.

2. Scroll to line 42 containing #Include <WinAPi.au3> and put the cursor on #Include

Hit Alt + I   (This should open WinApi.au3 .... check from which directory)

Result: Yes it opens the WinAPI.au3 from "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include"

I doubt if this is due to bad installation, though I had tried re-installing multiple times.

Did I take the installation steps mentioned above correctly? that's the same way I have been doing since 5 years now._WinAPI_GetTempFileName.jpg.67bcd8520c5a49e7e6bb000275b87793.jpg

@Jos, also to let you know I turned ON my other machine which I had been using until last week for all coding and I see the:

SciTE version: 3.7.3

SciTE4AutoIt3.exe: 17.224.935.0

There are no issues on that machine. So I will try to uninstall on the issue related machine and install old version and check.

• Developers

Sorry... i indeed meant  1368 with the line for _WinAPI_GetTempFileName .

20 minutes ago, DigDeep said:

I think that's not the _WinAPI_GetTempFileName func. On my machine it shows at line 1368. I tried to go to the line 1368 > kept the cursor on the Func and hit CTRL+J. It said "Unable to find function definition: _WinAPI_GetTempFileName". I did F1 to open the Help file > It opens but does not take me directly to the Func. Help file shows Blank page.

So we are getting somewhere. 

20 minutes ago, DigDeep said:

2. Scroll to line 42 containing #Include <WinAPi.au3> and put the cursor on #Include

Hit Alt + I   (This should open WinApi.au3 .... check from which directory)

Result: Yes it opens the WinAPI.au3 from "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include"

Ok, this is correct. Scroll down to line 14: #include "WinAPIFiles.au3" and do again Alt+I, this should open "WinAPIFiles.au3". Check if it is in the proper directory and whether it contains the Func _WinAPI_GetTempFileName() on line 1321.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.