DriveMapAdd don't work

On 8/11/2018 at 4:15 PM, Jos said:

Please do not report posts when you think there is a bug. 
So for starters: You never mentioned you where running this script in Admin mode, which is quite essential to mention when reporting issues.
Are you getting a UAC prompt and if so are you using the same account?
Please explain why you think there is a bug in AutoIt in stead of your script and exactly describe what you are doing!

Jos 

When i use #RequireAdmin in my code and then run , it doesn't make Drive Map. while when i want to Write a reg key in windows, i should be use #RequireAdmin in my code. so if i use #RequireAdmin, Drive map will be not create. and if i don't use #RequireAdmin,  reg key can't create.

are there any solution for this problem?

Edited by behdadsoft

this is not a "problem", and you should not try to "solve" it. that's how things are supposed to work. either your script runs in the user context - from which it is not possible to change system-wide settings - or it runs under the administrator context, with which the user is not supposed to interact, for obvious reasons.

if the registry key in question is in HKLM, then consider carefully why you need it. typically, a software that needs system-wide settings changes, requires one-time installation (which runs under the administrator context), so it can later be launched by the user on a regular basis.

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff