Disabling upx?

Baku

Hi folks,

is there any possibility to disable UPX when i compile a script?

I already tried to unpack it by upx and the -d tag, but it damages the executable.

thx in advanced :P

Edited by Baku

• Moderators

There's been a ton of topics on this, the answer is yes (in a round about way), do a search and you will find your answers.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

i tried to 'hack' aut2exe but i failed since i didnt know much about asm.

but im currently learning asm so it shouldnt be so far away :P

one way is to copy a dummy autoitscript over UPX.exe

Edited by w0uter

My UDF's:;mem stuff_Mem;ftp stuff_FTP ( OLD );inet stuff_INetGetSource ( OLD )_INetGetImage _INetBrowse ( Collection )_EncodeUrl_NetStat_Google;random stuff_iPixelSearch_DiceRoll

i tried to 'hack' aut2exe but i failed since i didnt know much about asm.

but im currently learning asm so it shouldnt be so far away :P

one way is to copy a dummy autoitscript over UPX.exe

yeah, i think the current suggested work around is to rename your upx.exe, then save a blank document with the same name.

yeah, i think the current suggested work around is to rename your upx.exe, then save a blank document with the same name.

actually that will just break the compileing. the correct way is to just place a dummy executable (like a blank compiled autoitscript) over it

My UDF's:;mem stuff_Mem;ftp stuff_FTP ( OLD );inet stuff_INetGetSource ( OLD )_INetGetImage _INetBrowse ( Collection )_EncodeUrl_NetStat_Google;random stuff_iPixelSearch_DiceRoll

• Moderators

actually that will just break the compileing. the correct way is to just place a dummy executable (like a blank compiled autoitscript) over it

What do you mean 'over it'? If you don't mind explaining.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

just create an upx.au3 on you desktop

compile it.

copy the just made upx.exe from your desktop to your \aut2exe\ dir

it will ask you to replace, hit YES.

but i dont see why you want to disable UPX.

Edited by w0uter

ah. i still think renaming the old first is a good idea though...

i suppose you could do that. or you could download the BETA UPX (wich is better imo) once you need upx again :P

(beta has a better -d imo :lmao:)

Edited by w0uter