sleep(500)
run("CTRLUP.exe")

CTRLDOWN.exe -> Sends a {CtrlDOWN} to press CTRL key

#RequireAdmin
Send('{CTRLDOWN}')

CTRLUP.exe -> Sends a {CtrlUP} to release CTRL key

#RequireAdmin
Send('{CTRLUP}')

Test.exe calls two exes to press and release the CTRL keys. Key press is working fine but the release does not work. If I call the CTRLDOWN.exe and CTRLUP.exe, manually one by another or the commands in a single program, it is working fine. Can any one explain what is wrong when I call them from a program?

Thank you so much for being helpful always :-) 

CTRLDOWN.au3

CTRLUP.au3

test.au3

My program is a command based one and the parent process writes the commands into the STDIN stream of the child process. On the previous version, the child was closed after executing all the commands but due to some changes in the new version, the child process is closed after executing each command.

I can convert the program into a single one but still was curious to know, what made it not working.

Thank you for your reply @FrancescoDiMuro

1 hour ago, PoojaKrishna said:

...in the new version, the child process is closed after executing each command.

Hmmm i've used some console scripts and the child window never closed after a command.

As for the program not working, maybe it's related to the sticky keys, try to make the key up send 2 or 3 times the key up and see if it helps.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

Hi PoojaKrishna ,

You know already that in order to disable the effect the pressing of ctrl is needed  when coming  from another user 

so it only makes sense to have the same happening  inside the CTRLUP.au3  script where you must CTRLDOWN again before sending CTRLUP  when coming from another thread

a single thread  cant just CTRLUP if it doesn't recall a CTRLDOWN   

the script is considered a user by its own , so, if you cant fake a  CTRLUP with your keyboard it wont make much sense to try it with a script  ..

Deye

4 hours ago, careca said:

Hmmm i've used some console scripts and the child window never closed after a command.

As for the program not working, maybe it's related to the sticky keys, try to make the key up send 2 or 3 times the key up and see if it helps.

Thank you for your reply but it does not help.

3 hours ago, Deye said:

Hi PoojaKrishna ,

You know already that in order to disable the effect the pressing of ctrl is needed  when coming  from another user 

so it only makes sense to have the same happening  inside the CTRLUP.au3  script where you must CTRLDOWN again before sending CTRLUP  when coming from another thread

a single thread  cant just CTRLUP if it doesn't recall a CTRLDOWN   

the script is considered a user by its own , so, if you cant fake a  CTRLUP with your keyboard it wont make much sense to try it with a script  ..

Deye

@Deye, Yes, it makes sense. Thank you for explaining.

@Deye is true ... look :

Test.exe -> Calls CTRLDOWN.exe and CTRLUP.exe

#RequireAdmin
run("CTRLDOWN.exe")
sleep(500)
run("CTRLUP.exe")

#RequireAdmin
Send('{CTRLDOWN}')

#RequireAdmin
Send('{CTRLDOWN}')
Send('{CTRLUP}')

That should work ;)

My video tutorials : ( In construction )  || My Discord : https://discord.gg/S9AnwHw

How to Ask Help ||  UIAutomation From Junkew || WebDriver From Danp2 || And Water's UDFs in the Quote

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

11 hours ago, caramen said:

@Deye is true ... look :

Test.exe -> Calls CTRLDOWN.exe and CTRLUP.exe

#RequireAdmin
run("CTRLDOWN.exe")
sleep(500)
run("CTRLUP.exe")

#RequireAdmin
Send('{CTRLDOWN}')

#RequireAdmin
Send('{CTRLDOWN}')
Send('{CTRLUP}')

That should work ;)

Wow!!! It worked as expected. Thank you so much for your help.

Yes, even @Deye explained the reason, I couldn't work out the solution.

To explain with an other way; When a script is starting. If you dont send a CTRLDOWN Autoit will consider there is no reason to CTRLUP. Easy :) .

My video tutorials : ( In construction )  || My Discord : https://discord.gg/S9AnwHw

How to Ask Help ||  UIAutomation From Junkew || WebDriver From Danp2 || And Water's UDFs in the Quote

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki