[SOLVED] Sending data from Excel to Chrome

I want to check some Excel data against data on a website in Chrome. I use Chrome because the site I use does not function properly in Internet Explorer or Firefox. I know how to do the Excel stuff I just can not figure out how to send to Chrome, let alone check to see if the data matches or not. I am also having trouble finding any help online while searching for Chrome functions for Autoit. I have a Chrome UDF installed but I still can not figure out how to get my code to properly function. (I am not posting code because I am  sure my code isn't right, to begin with)

As usual, any and all help would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by nooneclose

You have to forgot Chrome UDF since it s not orking anymore . You need an extention that is not allowed to install by chrome store. Also you have to get this extention on all other Host that will run your script.

Check UIA automation.

Or

ClipGet ()

MouseClick

Send:

("^a")

("^c")

("^v")

In addition you got already the knowledge of Excel_UDF.au3

My video tutorials : ( In construction )  || My Discord : https://discord.gg/S9AnwHw

How to Ask Help ||  UIAutomation From Junkew || WebDriver From Danp2 || And Water's UDFs in the Quote

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Or use the WebDriver UDF to automate Chrome:

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2021-11-10 - Version 1.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (NEW 2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (NEW 2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I was able to store the excel data in a multidimensional array and then I used WebDriver that @Danp2 recommended. Webdiver allowed me to connect with Chrome to send the data I wanted to the correct webpage. Sorry about not posting the code. I hope however that the explanation was good enough for others figure it out as well. This problem has been solved.

Edited by nooneclose

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hermes
      Hi, I am struggling in setting the value of a textarea based on the value of clipboard (that contains a long web page source codes). If I use _WD_SetElementValue, it freezes after some time, or appears to be pressing tab and goes out of focus. I can also use send keys but i need the script to run in the background.
      Here is the full script:
      #Include "Chrome.au3" #Include "wd_core.au3" #Include "wd_helper.au3" #Include "WinHttp.au3" #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #include <GDIPlus.au3> #include <Excel.au3> Local $sDesiredCapabilities, $sSession SetupChrome() _WD_Startup() $sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities) _WD_LoadWait($sSession) _WD_Navigate($sSession, "http://demo.borland.com/testsite/stadyn_largepagewithimages.html") _WD_LoadWait($sSession) Global $sSource = _WD_GetSource($sSession) Local $Paste = ClipPut($sSource) Local $sData = ClipGet() Local $aArray = 0, _ $iOffset = 1 While 1 $aArray = StringRegExp($sData, '(?s)<p>.*</p>', $STR_REGEXPARRAYMATCH, $iOffset) If @error Then ExitLoop $iOffset = @extended For $i = 0 To UBound($aArray) - 1 Local $Paste = ClipPut($aArray[$i]) Local $sRegExData = ClipGet() ;MsgBox(0, "", "$sRegExData = " & $sRegExData) Next WEnd _WD_Navigate($sSession, "https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml5_textarea_placeholder") _WD_WaitElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByCSSSelector, "iframe#iframeResult") Local $sElement1 = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByCSSSelector, "iframe#iframeResult") _WD_FrameEnter($sSession, $sElement1) _WD_WaitElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//html/body/textarea") $textarea = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//html/body/textarea") _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $textarea, 'click') ;WD SetElementValue(SsSession, Stextarea, $sRegExData) <-- I can do this but the focus goes out, or the browser freezes _WD_FrameLeave($sSession) sleep(2000) Send("^v") _WD_LoadWait($sSession) _WD_Shutdown() Func SetupChrome() _WD_Option('Driver', 'chromedriver.exe') _WD_Option('Port', 9515) _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--log-path="' & @ScriptDir & '\chrome.log"') $sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"goog:chromeOptions": {"w3c": true, "args":["start-maximized","disable-infobars"]}}}}' EndFunc ;==>SetupChrome Can someone help me please, or re-direct me to the right path? TIA!
    • By Rskm
      Hi, I have 5 notepad files with lot of data in each of it. The data are arranged in lines and i wish to get it pasted/copied into excel.  Say, i need to read notepad1 and paste the contents into sheet1 of excel and notepad2 to sheet2 and so on.  If i read the notepad and paste it line by line, it is taking lot of time.  Is there a way by which i can paste the whole of notepad file into excel sheet(and get it pasted line by line as shown in the attached excel), instead of using code to write it line by line?.. I was using Filewriteline(data, line i) initially to write to excel.  The 'i' value was incremented with for loop and the excel was updated, but this takes lot of time.  The expected excel format is attached here.  any help is appreciated.  thanks
      Tmp.xls
    • By mLipok
      Recently I start wd_capabilities.au3 project on my side.
      I think this is time to share to AutoIt community.
      Check attached UDF: wd_capabilities.au3

Here is a scratch example showing how to use them:
      #include "wd_helper.au3" #include "wd_capabilities.au3" _Example() Func _Example() ........ ........ ........ _WD_Capabilities_Build_Arguments(Null) ; CLEANUP ARGS _WD_Capabilities_Build_Arguments('--headless') _WD_Capabilities_Build_Arguments('start-maximized') _WD_Capabilities_Build_Arguments('disable-infobars') _WD_Capabilities_Build_Arguments('user-data-dir', 'C:\Users\' & @UserName & '\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default') Local $s_WD_Capabilities_Arguments = _WD_Capabilities_Build_Arguments(Default) ; GET ARGS _WD_Capabilities_Build_Preferences(Null) ; CLEANUP PREFS If $s_Download_dir Then _WD_Capabilities_Build_Preferences('download.default_directory', $s_Download_dir) Local $s_WD_Capabilities_Preferences = _WD_Capabilities_Build_Preferences(Default) ; GET PREFS Local $s_Desired_Capabilities = _WD_Capabilities_Build_JSON('chrome', $s_WD_Capabilities_Arguments, $s_WD_Capabilities_Preferences) Local $WD_SESSION = _WD_CreateSession($s_Desired_Capabilities) ........ ........ ........ EndFunc  
      I plan to publish the code on GitHub.
      In the indefinite future, when the project becomes more functional, if @Danp2 accepts it, I hope it may be included in the main WebDriver UDF.

I am waiting for yours feedback and help in the further development of this project.

REMARK 1:
      As so far this UDF only supports GoogleChrome.
      Adding support for other browsers shouldn't be difficult, I just didn't need to.

REMARK 2:
      For now, this project is working but still as a early BETA, so please do not discuss, ask questions, or post examples or snippets of code that pertain to any function of this UDF in other part of this forum, until it is found acceptable. Simply: discusion and tests only here in this topic.

Regards,
      @mLipok

• By Hermes
      I have Index.html where it contains a frame with a source "frame1.html". I can select/highlight elements in index.html but unable to select/highlight elements inside the frame with the src "frame1.html", the autoit output is throwing error:
      __WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session/2143396006437be4005db3b84acc1496/element/8be1c3c4-5bb1-42b1-8cde-7954765cbc61/element; $sData={"using":"css selector","value":"frameset:nth-of-type(1)"} __WD_Post: StatusCode=404; ResponseText={"value":{"error":"no such element","message":"no such element: Unable to locate element: {\"method\... __WD_Post ==> No match: {"value":{"error":"no such element","message":"no such element: Unable to locate element: {\"method\":\"css selector\",\"selector\":\"frameset:nth-of-type(1)\"}\n (Session info: chrome=90.0.4430.212)","stacktrace":"Backtrace:\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00FCE7D3+124883]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00FCE7B1+124849]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x01218688+193832]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x0123C478+340760]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x012361F1+315537]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x012516BA+427354]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x01236176+315414]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x0125174A+427498]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x0125D6EB+476555]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x0125154B+426987]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x01234FFD+310941]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x01235D8E+314414]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x01235D19+314297]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x012F31EC+1089676]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x012F17C9+1082985]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x012F13A3+1081923]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x013ED9FD+2115741]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x0111B82E+1488942]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x010B5A7D+1071741]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x010B559B+1070491]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x010B54B1+1070257]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x010EFF53+1310547]\n\tBaseThreadInitThunk [0x770662C4+36]\n\tRtlSubscribeWnfStateChangeNotification [0x776B1B69+1081]\n\tRtlSubscribeWnfStateChangeNotification [0x776B1B34+1028]\n"}} Auto IT Script:
      #Include "wd_core.au3" #Include "wd_helper.au3" Local $sDesiredCapabilities, $sSession SetupChrome() _WD_Startup() $sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities) _WD_Navigate($sSession, 'index.html') _WD_LoadWait($sSession) Local $index = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByCSSSelector, "frameset:nth-of-type(1)") Local $index1 = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByCSSSelector, "frameset:nth-of-type(1)", $index) Local $index2 = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByCSSSelector, "frame:nth-of-type(1)", $index1) Local $index3 = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByCSSSelector, "frameset:nth-of-type(1)", $index2) _WD_HighlightElement($sSession, $index2, 1) _WD_HighlightElement($sSession, $index3, 1) _WD_Shutdown() Func SetupChrome() _WD_Option('Driver', 'chromedriver.exe') _WD_Option('Port', 9515) _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--log-path="' & @ScriptDir & '\chrome.log"') $sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"goog:chromeOptions": {"w3c": true, "args":["start-maximized","disable-infobars"]}}}}' EndFunc ;==>SetupChrome  

frame1.html index.html
    • By SkysLastChance
      I am using web driver and xpaths to automate chrome. 
      I am able to edit everything I need to until I get these pop ups. Then when I try to find the xpath it act like it does not exist. 
      This code below is working to find input fields on the main page of the site. But, if I try the same thing for ones in the popover it will not find it. 😕
      $sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//*[substring(@id, string-length(@id) - string-length('_3') + 1 ) = '_3']") _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sElement, 'value', "TEST") Here is the html

Any idea why it is not finding the element inside these pop overs?

HTML: