Windows 10 Lock Screen (Solved)

Skeletor

Hi Virtual People, 

I'm trying to lock my screen in Windows 10 but to no avail. 

Has Windows 10 forbidden this feature? 

Send("#l")

Above code does not work. Even sending Ctrl Alt Del does not work nor as an Admin. 

Note: I want to lock my screen, not log off. Thanks for been kind.

Edited by Skeletor

Kind Regards
Skeletor

"Coffee: my defense against going postal."

Microsoft Office Splash Screen | Basic Notepad Program (Beginner) | Transparent Splash Screen | Full Screen UI

• Moderators

Yes, Microsoft has blocked sending CTRL+ALT+DEL for what should be painfully obvious reasons. For simply locking the screen you can do something like this:

ShellExecute("rundll32.exe", "user32.dll,LockWorkStation")

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Moderators

Moved to the appropriate forum, as the AutoIt Example Scripts forum very clearly states:

Share your cool AutoIt scripts, UDFs and applications with others.

Do not post general support questions here, instead use the AutoIt Help and Support forums.

Moderation Team

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

17 hours ago, JLogan3o13 said:

Yes, Microsoft has blocked sending CTRL+ALT+DEL for what should be painfully obvious reasons. For simply locking the screen you can do something like this:

ShellExecute("rundll32.exe", "user32.dll,LockWorkStation")

Moderator @JLogan3o13, I'm interested in the comment you made. Can you please elaborate the "painfully obvious reasons" part. 

Thank you kindly for your suggested script, @AdamUL as well as you for yours...

Kind Regards
Skeletor

"Coffee: my defense against going postal."

Microsoft Office Splash Screen | Basic Notepad Program (Beginner) | Transparent Splash Screen | Full Screen UI

The CTRL ALT DEL combo on the start is done so someone could not fool you with a fake one back in NT 4 days and has been ever since. I think MS allows an admin to turn that off but I never would. It's also to defeat automated logons

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Moderator @JLogan3o13, I'm interested in the comment you made. Can you please elaborate the "painfully obvious reasons" part. 

Think about what someone with nefarious intentions could do if the CTRL+ALT+DEL keys could (easily) be simulated? It should be evident why Microsoft would not want your average user to be able to do this.

Edited by JLogan3o13

• Skeletor changed the title to Windows 10 Lock Screen (Solved)