Skeletor

Excel Color Pallette Reversed - (Moved)

Skeletor

Hi All,

While creating a few excel spreadsheets using AutoIt, I came across something which to my limiting time to research the forums I don't anyone has mentioned. 

The color pallettes are reversed. 
Huge shock to me.

I wanted to produce a red row but kept on getting blue. 
Seems like 0xFF0000 was red on the charts but when running the script, I got blue. 

I then played around with the colors, and after a few tries, I finally got Red. 

Reversed the FF0000 and the result is 0000FF.

So for Excel compared to Html

0000FF (Red) - Excel
0000FF (Blue) - Html

FFFF00 (Cyan) - Excel
FFFF00(Yellow) - Html

Kind Regards
Skeletor

"I need coffee to turn me back to a human"

Microsoft Office Splash Screen | Basic Notepad Program (Beginner) | Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ?

water

The wiki explains how to calculate color values. https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/Excel_UDF#Color.2C_ColorIndex

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-09-01 - Version 1.3.4.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

JLogan3o13

Moved to the appropriate forum, as the AutoIt Example Scripts forum very clearly states:

Share your cool AutoIt scripts, UDFs and applications with others.

Do not post general support questions here, instead use the AutoIt Help and Support forums.

Moderation Team

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Skeletor

@water With ColorIndex, works that way, but using the plain ol' Interior.Color this requires reversal. 

With $oExcel.ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(1)
        .Range("A1:I1").Interior.Color = 0x00FFFF
    EndWith

Kind Regards
Skeletor

"I need coffee to turn me back to a human"

Microsoft Office Splash Screen | Basic Notepad Program (Beginner) | Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Skeletor
      By Skeletor
      Hi Guys,
      Can anyone point me in the right direction. I'm trying to accomplished conditional formatting with arrows, but the code I have is wrong... 
      .Range("=$A3:$A4000").FormatConditions.Add = (xlCellValue, xlGreater, "=$A:$A") .IconSet(xl3Arrows) ;ActiveWorkbook.iconsets I also tried it like this:
      .Range("=$A3:$A4000").FormatConditions _ .Add(xlCellValue, xlGreater, "=$A:$A") .IconSet(xl3Arrows) ;ActiveWorkbook.iconsets  
    • Skeletor
      By Skeletor
      Hi Guys,
      How would you use _Excel_FilterSet to filter the excel sheet from largest number to smallest number?
      _Excel_FilterSet($oWorkbook, "Sheet1", "A2:I2", 1, ">20", 1, "<40") ; OR _Excel_FilterSet($oWorkbook, "Sheet1", "A2:I2", 1, ">", 1, "<") Excel Sheet attached. Trying to filter on the last column "I2"
      Inventory.xlsx
    • Skeletor
      By Skeletor
      Hi All,
      Has anyone come across this before?
      Code below:
      $SheetList = _Excel_SheetList($oWorkbook) _FileWriteFromArray("C:\" & $SheetListOutput, $SheetList, 1) Result:
      ResultABC| ResultDEF| ResultGHI| ResultJKL| ResultMNO| It created these "|" vertical bars?
    • Skeletor
      By Skeletor
      Hi All,

I would like to know how you would take a FileLineRead and insert it into an array which then inserts it into Excel?
      One thing to know is the files content is broken up, so I only use half of the content within $FileRead1.
      So its imperative that the $value1, $value2, etc variables be used. 
      Code below:
      $FileRead1 = FileReadLine("C:\temp\sample.txt",1) For $count = 1 To _FileCountLines($FileRead1) Step 1 $string = FileReadLine($FileRead1, $count) $input = StringSplit($string, ",", 1) $value1 = $input[1] $value2 = $input[2] $value3 = $input[3] $value4 = $input[4] _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.Activesheet, $value1, "A1") _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.Activesheet, $value2, "B1") _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.Activesheet, $value3, "C1") _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.Activesheet, $value4, "D1") Next  
    • Xandy
      By Xandy
      Special thanks: AdmiralAlkex, Melba23, MrCrearoR, Dragon Warrior 3, SDL
      MapIt is a tile world editor.  MapIt was built around the concept of reversing Dragon Warrior map images.  MapIt can take image input and produce a tile and world array.  
      Changing and replacing tile / world data is easy.  B/c tile world editor.

CTRL+R in image above to signal replace tile action and I use "G" to Get the tile under mouse.
      A full list of hotkeys can be assigned in the: Help Menu\Hotkeys

MapParser is a C++ project that scans images for unique tiles. 
      MapIt can be downloaded without MapParser. MapParser can be toggled off in the Scan_Image dialog. Without MapParser, MapIt will use the Scan_Tiles() function written in AutoIt ; which is 100 * slower Idk. If MapParser.exe will not run for you:      Installing Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 should fix it: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145   
      You can start with example world and tiles.
      Example world was made following these steps:
      Started with a tile map image of DragonWarrior3 town of: Reeve From MapIt World Menu \ New \ Scan_Image dialog, I set the area to exclude the key legend to the far right of image. After scanning the map image to world and tile array.  I removed a few of the map artifacts.  More work could be done on this world; removing unwanted tiles, but it is fine for now. I saved my world to disk.  This creates folder: Worldname: Containing folder of Tiles and a Worldname.txt. Using The Gimp, I edited some tiles to have a transparent color: Stairs, Trees, Desk Tables, Chest-of-drawers, Chairs, Signs, Doors, Beds. I changed the world layers to 2: World Menu \ Properties. F9 Finds all selected tile on current layer and changes to a new selected tile on new layer. I used F9 to change all Trees on layer: 0 to Trees on layer: 1. Then I used F9 to change all Trees on layer: 0 to Grass on layer: 0  
      In this video you can see how I used the Tile Menu \ Replace From Disk option to remap tile images to my custom tiles.  Conveniently my tiles already have a transparent pixel.
      See video for how that was done:
      To use the example world:
      First unzip the world save file: http://songersoft.com/programming/mapit/worlds/Reeve_Swapped.zip From the World Menu: choose \Load Navigate to the Reeve_Swapped.txt located in the extracted zip. Or you can scan any image.
      The map images I used are here: http://www.realmofdarkness.net/dq/games/nes/dw3/maps/world
      For download, videos, and example of created world file data; please visit the MapIt webpage: http://songersoft.com/programming/mapit/mapit_about.phtml