My first script with a GUI

cyanidemonkey

Hi Guys,

First of all I'd like to say a big thanks to all on this forum, it is a very welcoming and helpful place, it makes learning AutoIt a good and enjoyable experiance. :P

This is my first Auto It script with a GUI, before this one I wrote a small nonGUI script to automate a Windows Media streamimg server for a Low Power FM radio station. My background is web based scripting (asp, javascript, etc)

It' called AutoHost (yeah, original name I know) and pretty much just monitors and sends key commands to Delta Force 2 Demo while in server mode.

Please have a look, I'm not sure if I've got it right, it works, but being the first time I may have gone about doing things in an odd ball way.

(It has some GUI issues if in Win XP style, but for hosting game I figure the game server would be set to Win classic to save resources)

AutoHost v1.0 For Delta Force 2 Demo V1.03.04

(zip file contains the .au3 files and the stand alone exe)

Already going through a list of functions I'd like to add to it (is AutoIt addictive?)

Thanks again to all who have helped...

My AutoIt Scripts.- AutoHost and Password Enabler for Delta Force 2 Demo.| Caffine for Winamp 2.9x and WRS 2.0 | mp3 directory cleaner | CRAP DJ | A:B:J Radio Automation Software | FFMPEG batch conversion automator

• 1 year later...

Quite a lot of changes since v1.0, thought I'd repost the source. Last edit to the code was eariler this year.

Posted Image

Not sure how usefull the source is, but there may be the odd helpfull function for someone.

I'm no longer developing this app, as I don't run a server for this game anymore.

autohost.au3 is mainly the GUI and game config editing.

start_hosting.au3 is the code monitoring the server.

autohost.au3

start_hosting.au3

Edited by cyanidemonkey

My AutoIt Scripts.- AutoHost and Password Enabler for Delta Force 2 Demo.| Caffine for Winamp 2.9x and WRS 2.0 | mp3 directory cleaner | CRAP DJ | A:B:J Radio Automation Software | FFMPEG batch conversion automator

Don't mean to knock your script or anything, but do you really think anyone else will benefit from this? The GUI does look very nice though.

It may influence them to make better looking GUI's. instead of all images and splash screens.

Don't bother, It's inside your monitor!------GUISetOnEvent should behave more like HotKeySet()

Don't mean to knock your script or anything, but do you really think anyone else will benefit from this? The GUI does look very nice though.

Yes, if someone wants a bit of code that does a simular job to one of the functions in it, why not use it?

I've use many bits of code found here completely unrelated to the overall script I am writing.

Plus I've had so much help here, I just wanna give back a little. :whistle: