smud

Writing data to a Sheets or Excel

Currently, I'm working on a program that will display Dialog boxes with either Yes or No.

For each dialog, I reward the user with X amount of Credits.

I'm hoping to output the amount of credits to a cell in a column (there will be 20 different columns).

It will only post to a row that is equal to today's date (first column). If no row exists yet with the current date, it will start a new row.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

... and _Excel_RangeFind to find the row with todays date.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2019-08-19 - Version 1.4.13.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-07-24 - Version 1.3.6.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (NEW 2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2019-10-09 - Version 0.9.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By VinMe
      Dear all, i am unable to open a xml file to excel in the "xml table format" Please help me out in where i am missing
      Local $strFileToOpen = _WinAPI_OpenFileDlg('Select xml file', @WorkingDir, 'All Files(*.*)', 1, '', '', BitOR($OFN_PATHMUSTEXIST, $OFN_FILEMUSTEXIST, $OFN_HIDEREADONLY)) Global $xlXmlLoadImportToList = 2 ; Places the contents of the XML data file in an XML table $oExcel = _Excel_Open() $oWorkbook1=$oExcel.Workbooks.OpenXML($strFileToOpen, "", $xlXmlLoadImportToList) If $strFileToOpen <> False Then     Local $oWorkbook1 = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $strFileToOpen) EndIf Error i am getting is:
      ......\81e_Compare_v1.au3" (46) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
      $oWorkbook1=$oExcel.Workbooks.OpenXML($strFileToOpen, "", $xlXmlLoadImportToList)
      $oWorkbook1=$oExcel.Workbooks^ ERROR
      >Exit code: 1    Time: 7.338
    • By VinMe
      Dear all, 
      I am unable to get the right result after applying the filter to the excel. please let me know on the same.
      issue: After applying the filter the output $lastRow11 not giving the right output of complete visible rows. (its breaking at row skips)

;DATA EXTRACTION FROM LOC EXCEL
      ;=============================================================================
      $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookAttach($sWorkbook)
      Local $sMSN = InputBox("MSN NO", "Enter MSN in XX FORMAT", "")
      ;~ Local $LastRow1 = ($oWorkbook.ACTIVESHEET.Range("A1").SpecialCells($xlCellTypeLastCell).Row)
      $LastRow1 = $oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
      MsgBox(0, "lastrow1", $LastRow1)
      _Excel_FilterSet($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.activesheet, "AF1", 32, "*" & $sMSN & "*")
      Local $oLocDS = $oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range("S1:S" & $LastRow1).SpecialCells($xlCellTypeVisible)
      Local $LastRow11 = $oLocDS.rows.count    ;error output
      MsgBox(0, "lastrow11", $LastRow11)
      Local $aLocDS1 = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook, Default, $oLocDS)
      Local $oLocNr = $oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range("A1:A" & $LastRow1).SpecialCells($xlCellTypeVisible)
      Local $aLocNr1 = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook, Default, $oLocNr)
      _ArrayDisplay($aLocDS1)
      _ArrayDisplay($aLocNr1)
      _ArrayTrim($aLocDS1, 6, 1)
      _ArrayTrim($aLocNr1, 6, 1)
      _ArrayTrim($aLocNr1, 6, 0)
      _ArrayDisplay($aLocDS1)
      _ArrayDisplay($aLocNr1)
    • By VinMe
      I am unable to execute the below script, my requirement is to copy the content from active excel sheet and to display the same.
      Please let me know where i am missing!
      #include <Excel.au3>
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
      #include <Array.au3>
      #include <StringConstants.au3>
      Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open()
      $LastRow2 = $oExcel.UsedRange.Rows.Count
      $Tissue = _Excel_RangeRead($oExcel, Default, "E1:E" & $LastRow2)
      $TshNr = _Excel_RangeRead($oExcel, Default, "F1:F" & $LastRow2)
      _ArrayDisplay($Tissue)
      _ArrayDisplay($TshNr)
    • By nacerbaaziz
      good morning sirs.
      please i have a request from you.
      i have an variable to Read a data from a file
      this data is Encrypted
      and when i read it i Decrypte it.
      for that i need a function to Write a ini data to string.
      ;#Function# ===================================================================================================================== ; Name............: _IniReadFromString ; Description.....: Returns the value of a key in a specific section of an ini-formatted string ; Syntax..........: _IniReadFromString($szInput, $szSection, $szKey, $Default) ; Parameters......: ;   $szInput - The string that contains data in ini format ;   $szSection   - The sectionname (just as in IniRead) ;   $szKey   - The keyname (just as in IniRead) ;   $Default - The default value if the key does not exist or reading failed (just as in IniRead) ; Return values ..: ;   Success  - Returns the read value ;   Failure  - Returns $Default ; Author .........: FichteFoll ; Remarks ........: Works for Unicode as well as for ANSI ; Related ........: IniRead, _IniReadSectionFromString ; Link ...........; See on top ; Example ........; $var = _IniReadFromString(StringFormat("[Sect]\r\nMyKey1=value1\r\nMyKey2=value2"), "Sect", "MyKey2", "no_value") ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _IniReadFromString($szInput, $szSection, $szKey, $Default) $szInput = StringStripCR($szInput) ;~  Local $aRegMl = StringRegExp($szInput, "\[" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szSection) & "\]\n+(?:[^\[].*?=.*\n)*" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szKey) & "=(.*)\n?(",3) Local $aRegMl = StringRegExp($szInput, "\[" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szSection) & "\]\n+(?:[^\[].*?=.*\n)*" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szKey) & "=(.*)\n?", 3) If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, $Default) ; key not found    Return $aRegMl[0] EndFunc;==>_IniReadFromString ; ############################################################################################################################### ; =============================================== ; = Internal Use Only ; =============================================== Func __StringEscapeRegExp($szExp) Return StringRegExpReplace($szExp, "([\(\)\[\]\{\}\\\/\?\.\\|\+])", "\\$1") ; ()[]{}\/?.|+ EndFunc;==>__StringEscapeRegExp like this  function Read the ini from string.

please ihelp me
      thanks in advance
    • By dinotom
      Can files be read from the web or the cloud?
      I am trying to read this file but get the file open error.
      #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> ;Assign the file path to a variable Local $sFilePath = "C:\Automation\test.txt" Local $sFilePathAzure ="https://batlgroupimages.blob.core.windows.net/files/test.txt" Local $nLineNumberToLookFor = 0 ;Open the file test.txt in append mode. ;If the folder C:\Automation does not exist, it will be created. Local $hFileOpen = FileOpen($sFilePathAzure, $FO_APPEND + $FO_CREATEPATH) ;Display a message box in case of any errors. If $hFileOpen = -1 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "An error occurred while opening the file.") EndIf ;Set the file position to beginning for reading the data from the beginning of the file. FileSetPos($hFileOpen, 0, $FILE_BEGIN) ;Read the data from the file using the handle returned by FileOpen ;Local $sFileRead = FileRead($hFileOpen) ;Read the 2nd line of data from the file using the handle returned by FileOpen Local $sFileReadLine = FileReadLine ($hFileOpen,2) ;Close the handle returned by FileOpen. FileClose($hFileOpen)