How to access and activate menus- in the target app

I'm using AutoIt 3- to try and access mensu in the target app, but I have no idea how do to this.

I've already gotten the target app text, and tried using the Active Window info program to montior the target app while i clikc on the Menu, but nothing shows up other than Mouse Coordinates, when I access the menu.

Any suggestions or examples of how to access a menu?

thanks

WinMenuSelectItem() should do what you need.

Thanks, but

I've been trying this, but it looks like the menu is not a Standard Microsoft control.

No Control ID's are disp;ayed when I click on the menu items, and my call to WinMenuSelectItem() is failing when I tell it to look for a Menu Item, and Subment Item

I don't believe that control IDs are shown (or exist) for menu items. Also keep in mind that any underlined letter on an entry means that you must prepend that letter with an ampersand, e.g. Exit > E&xit.

I don't believe that control IDs are shown (or exist) for menu items. Also keep in mind that any underlined letter on an entry means that you must prepend that letter with an ampersand, e.g. Exit > E&xit.

My menu does not have any underlines or ampersands, for the top level menu selections.

Thanks for bringing that up though.

My menu looks like this- see attached.

Since I want to access the Synths menu option , then Bank Upload... as the selection under the Synths menu (not visible in this attachment),

does my call to WinMenuSelect() look correct to you ?

WinMenuSelectItem ( "Nord Modular G2 Editor", "", "Synths" , "Bank Upload...")