How to manage ShellExecute Error msg

Can i mix 2 winwait with OR statement ?

WinWait ("FortiClient") Or WinWait ("SslvpnClient.exe")

Edited by caramen

My video tutorials : ( In construction )  || My Discord : https://discord.gg/S9AnwHw

How to Ask Help ||  UIAutomation From Junkew || WebDriver From Danp2 || And Water's UDFs in the Quote

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

• Developers

The answer is No, so use WinExists()  in a loop and build the logic yourself.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

The goal is to Run an msi install but if i am not in my domain i got a windows Ssvpnclient.exe After 10 sec timout

Since i install the vpn...

Edited by caramen

My video tutorials : ( In construction )  || My Discord : https://discord.gg/S9AnwHw

How to Ask Help ||  UIAutomation From Junkew || WebDriver From Danp2 || And Water's UDFs in the Quote

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Ahh yes ok thx

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Create a loop where you continue until your wait time expires.   in the loop, exit if winexist returns true for either window.

Edit: slow typing in mobile :(

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

14 minutes ago, jdelaney said:

Create a loop where you continue until your wait time expires.   in the loop, exit if winexist returns true for either window.

As @FrancescoDiMuro said 

18 minutes ago, FrancescoDiMuro said:

@caramen
WinWait() returns an handle to the requested window, so, you would going to compare logically two handles...

It depends from what you're trying to do :)

And Unfortunatly ShellExecute ("SslvpnClient.exe","","\\escs006\Utils$\VPN\Client lourd Fortigate\sslvpnclient64")  Is same. So i just understood that the problem is differente. @Jos Solution cannot work too. I cant do Winlist or WinExist until i got the error. And i have to click manualy. 

Maybe an... no hmmm zzZ...

your solution was the most easy but.... Since i cant do anything from Autoit. until i click OK on the error msg. I dont know how to do finaly. 

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Capture.PNG

ShellExecute ("SslvpnClient.exe","","\\*****\****$\VPN\Client lourd Fortigate\sslvpnclient64")  Is still controlable with @error or somthing after that ?

Ahhhhhhh i can check the ip adress to check the domaine connection. Or vpn connection and all the rest connection. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

More viable ?

Edited by caramen

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

10 minutes ago, FrancescoDiMuro said:

@caramen
It is telling you that it couldn't find that application.
Try this way:

ShellExecute("\\*****\******$\VPN\Client lourd Fortigate\sslvpnclient64\SslvpnClient.exe")

:)

@FrancescoDiMuro

No mate hmm how to tell you.

The code is working. This error is becoming espected when at home./

But when i am at home I am checking all possible scenario for installation.

I want to keep my Shell execute But it s not working at home. i want to dodge this or detect it. 

Edited by caramen

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

I could possibily dodge the installation with IP checks. That's a good viable easy sollution i think no ?

Edited by caramen

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

I am admin this is not the problem. 

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

I guess i have to explain more then :D

When you are at work every one got that drive mounted. 

Every one got right to run this executable everyone is elevated enouth with NTFS to execute that file that IS NOT the problem.

I got 3 scenario possible for installation.

At work installation will work.

On some wifi it will work too

at home it wont work since i install the VPN software i cant connect to my intranet drive this is obvius. <<<< This is WHY i got the error.

==== it s non logic but if i install it from my home with vpn connection it will work too but no point to install if already installed.

Edited by caramen

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Makes sense from home. Sounds like a security flaw at work. Just fyi,a user's drive mappings will not be present when you run the script elevated. But it sounds like anyone that can ping your server can grab the file

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

Well this is how i will proceed. Lucky i got all my vlan in mind. I will check all ip like this.

$cVlan = _StringExplode ( @IPAddress1 , "."  )

If $cVlan[0] = "My wanted byte" And $cVlan[1] = "My wanted byte 2" Then 

install () 

EndIf

I got something like 6 check and error checking to add. But if you guys got a way to manage the shellexecut's error i am whould like to take ;p 

Edited by caramen

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

26 minutes ago, jdelaney said:

You could alway just do a fileexists too, but to break down exactly what is failing is always helpful in logs

Ahhhhh that's an other way yes. Finaly i got what you say. The local checking of mapped drive can proof the presence of the network or not. And even if user have not the rights to use run it. 

Edited by caramen

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki