rotate pic

doeas anybodyknows if there is a way to rotate a pic? i don't found a function for it, but sometimes somebody knows a UDF or another way to get it...

I have not found a way to do it in AutoIt but if you have Irfanview on your computer there is a command line option that will allow the rotating of the picture with it. Irfanview can be down loaded for free at www.irfanview.com.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

• Moderators

I use that to make my icons BigDod... nice program.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Why not use an activex component - there's a lot of graphic manipulation components around, one of the best ( at least that I know off ) is the 'Graphics Mill 2.0' Component, Tryware and quiet easy to work with. There is not much this component can't do, got lots of options and is actually a bundle of four componets but well documentated - here's a simple example on rotaet a picture 90...

The limitation of the Tryware version is a text box on the image which appears everytime it is displayed...

;********************************************************************************
;  Aurigma Graphics Mill 2.0 Component - Rotate 90. Example
;
; Requires: Aurigma Graphics Mill Freeware component...
; Available from http://www.aurigma.com/Products/GraphicsMill
; GUID: http://www.myplugins.info/guids/typeinfo/typeinfo.php?clsid={057891B4-0512-457E-8061-93B2046003A1}
;********************************************************************************
$oGMill = ObjCreate("GraphicsMill.Bitmap"); Load component into memory

With $oGMill; Components pool
    $Pic = .LoadFromFile("C:/Pics/cam.jpg"); load picture
;.Transforms.Resize(160, 120); Resize if wanted
    .Transforms.RotateAndFlip(1); flip graphic 90.
    #cs
    RotateNoneFlipNone 0 Method won't modify image. 
    Rotate90FlipNone 1 Method will rotate image on 90 degrees and won't flip it. 
    Rotate180FlipNone 2 Method will rotate image on 180 degrees and won't flip it. 
    Rotate270FlipNone 3 Method will rotate image on 270 degrees and won't flip it. 
    RotateNoneFlipX 4 Method won't rotate image and will flip it by horizontal axis (X-axis). 
    Rotate90FlipX 5 Method will rotate image on 90 degrees and will flip it by horizontal axis (X-axis). 
    Rotate180FlipX 6 Method will rotate image on 180 degrees and will flip it by horizontal axis (X-axis). 
    Rotate270FlipX 7 Method will rotate image on 270 degrees and will flip it by horizontal axis (X-axis). 
    RotateNoneFlipY 6 Method won't rotate image and will flip it by vertical axis (Y-axis). It is the same as Rotate180FlipX. 
    Rotate90FlipY 7 Method will rotate image on 90 degrees and will flip it by vertical axis (Y-axis). It is the same as Rotate270FlipX. 
    Rotate180FlipY 4 Method will rotate image on 180 degrees and will flip it by vertical axis (Y-axis). It is the same as RotateNoneFlipX. 
    Rotate270FlipY 5 Method will rotate image on 270 degrees and will flip it by vertical axis (Y-axis). It is the same as Rotate90FlipX. 
    RotateNoneFlipXY 2 Method won't rotate image and will flip it by both axes. It is the same as Rotate180FlipNone. 
    Rotate90FlipXY 3 Method will rotate image on 90 degrees and will flip it by both axes. It is the same as Rotate270FlipNone. 
    Rotate180FlipXY 0 Method will rotate image on 180 degrees and will flip it by both axes. It is the same as RotateNoneFlipNone (so image won't be altered). 
    Rotate270FlipXY 1 Method will rotate image on 270 degrees and will flip it by both axes. It is the same as Rotate90FlipNone. 
    #ce
    .SaveToFile("C:/Pics/QuickStart1.jpg"); Save changed graphic as new picture
EndWith
$oGMill = 0; Free components from memory
Exit

Aurigma Graphics Mill 2.0 Component is available from http://www.aurigma.com/Products/GraphicsMill

I put in the rotate values for you to have a walk around - this is a very nice set of components...

Example needs 'Graphics Mill 2.0' "must have" image processing component and latest AutoIt3 beta version installed - Happy new year

kjactive :P

Edited by kjactive

Yes - there was one called PictureBox ( .ocx ) with no demotext on top but it seems hard to find on the Inet right now ( R.I.P. I think ) but there's a lot of these freeware components you just has to sniff around - My office got a license to 'Graphics Mill 2.0' component and I'm using it alot and it's not that expensive but...

I just got an idear - It should be posible to loadin the graphics with DHTML, make a rotate or what ever tranform( lots of options here ) and do a save all in DHTML BUT embedded into autoit3 with the CWebpage.dll library that can wrap these kind of code directly into AutoIt gui system as a kind of hybrid running process...

look up Filters at MSDN: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....ter/filters.asp, the beauty of these components is that they are platfornm independed and Explorer offen use online components and as that not nessesary available on the computer, lookup load graphics, Transforms and save graphics...

You can find a link to the CWebpage library elsewhere in this forun...

Just a thought...

Edited by kjactive