Faster

SLaYaH

Erm I dont think its working out what i want it to do, i want it to tap two buttons quickly because in the game but it doesnt really work out ... suggestions ?

is there a way to make it faster than

Opt('SendKeyDelay', 1) ?

Edited by SLaYaH

• Moderators

'Tap' two buttons isn't using "Send", LxP answered your specific 'Send' question.

MouseClick() or ControlClick() would be used to 'Click/Tap' a 'Button'.

If your using MouseClick(), then the help file would show you:

MouseClick("Which Button On Mouse 'Left or Right'", X-Coordinate To Click, Y-Coordinate To Click, Number Of Times To Click, Speed To Click)

With this in mind, let's say my primary mouse button is the Left one, my x-coord is 100, and my y-coord is 110, and I only want 1 click, but I want it really fast.

MouseClick('Left', 100, 110, 1, 1) would be how I would write that.

You could even use Opt("MouseClickDelay", 1) if you wanted.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

I have no idea what you mean by 'tap', do you mean send text to the window interface 'zx'? Or are there buttons labeled 'z' and 'x'?

Edit:

The more I think about... Why don't you post your code... you may have a sleep() or something that is delaying the sending aspect too. You're asking for a solution on something, but not providing any references. If we catch the tail, let me know :P.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I have no idea what you mean by 'tap', do you mean send text to the window interface 'zx'? Or are there buttons labeled 'z' and 'x'?

Edit:

The more I think about... Why don't you post your code... you may have a sleep() or something that is delaying the sending aspect too. You're asking for a solution on something, but not providing any references. If we catch the tail, let me know :P.

@Smoke: duuuuude. wake up man. he means tap keys quickly. alternating the z and x keys. @slaya: try this, it may speed things a little.

While 1
    Send("x")
    Send("z")
WEnd

• Moderators

@Smoke: duuuuude. wake up man. he means tap keys quickly. alternating the z and x keys. @slaya: try this, it may speed things a little.

While 1
    Send("x")
    Send("z")
WEnd
Errr... Send Repetitively = Tap ... :P sorry, I didn't have the lingo down :lmao:.

Tap faster. Faster! Faster!!

Opt('SendKeyDelay', 1)
While 1
    Send("xz")
WEnd
All tapped out......

postcount + 1

that does almost the same thing as mine, just differently. the default keydowndelay is 1 ms, so 2 send()'s takes 2ms, as you'd think Send("xz") should , BUT when you pass multiple keys with 1 send, you are actually waiting on the keydowndelay and the delay between keys, about 1 ms each with options set right. so while mine should take 1 ms per send or 2 ms total, i think yours would actually take 3 ms...

Testing that theory with this code:

Opt('SendKeyDelay', 250)
Opt('SendKeyDownDelay', 250)
Send(1)
Send(2)
Send(12)
Send(1)
Send(2)
Send(12)

I don't see a difference in running time. While your ideas makes sense, I imagine that it's programmed this way so that consecutive Send() calls still get the gap.

Testing that theory with this code:

Opt('SendKeyDelay', 250)
Opt('SendKeyDownDelay', 250)
Send(1)
Send(2)
Send(12)
Send(1)
Send(2)
Send(12)

I don't see a difference in running time. While your ideas makes sense, I imagine that it's programmed this way so that consecutive Send() calls still get the gap.

thanks for checking into that! i was assuming that each successive call to run would be handled independantly, making the multi line approach faster...

...takes 2ms, as you'd think Send("xz") should...

That is so funny. That was not where I was going at all. I was just too lazy to type "send" twice. When I quoted your code, it had tabs in it instead of spaces (or so I thought), so I retyped the loop and left the quote as credit/blame for the code I posted - which put the Opt that LxP posted in with your loop and my lazy send.

The whole post was an attempt at humor dealing with...

the miscues involving the word "tap/click/send",

the "Faster" in the post title and

the back and forth btwn the OP and others:

make go fast

try this

no - make go fast

try this

no - make go fast

I had better stick to my day job - I'll never make it as a comedian. :-(

Edited by herewasplato

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

@w0uter,

Do you how "does not work" manifests itself?

From the help file under SendKeyDelay:

Sometimes a value of 0 does not work; use 1 instead.

I've never had a problem with a 0 setting. Edited by herewasplato

That is so funny. That was not where I was going at all. I was just too lazy to type "send" twice. When I quoted your code, it had tabs in it instead of spaces (or so I thought), so I retyped the loop and left the quote as credit/blame for the code I posted - which put the Opt that LxP posted in with your loop and my lazy send.

The whole post was an attempt at humor dealing with...

the miscues involving the word "tap/click/send",

the "Faster" in the post title and

the back and forth btwn the OP and others:

make go fast

try this

no - make go fast

try this

no - make go fast

I had better stick to my day job - I'll never make it as a comedian. :-(

well if it makes you feel any better, i laughed after the explanation..

well if it makes you feel any better, i laughed after the explanation..

Thanks.

Off topic - but related.

Quite some time back, I went to the trouble of setting SciTE/Tidy up to change tabs to 4 spaces for posting code to the forum. It now seems that such spacing gets changed back to tabs within a post. Oh well.